IGNORED

Ms Pac Man for Intellivision impressions thread

Rev

This game plays incredibly well on the cabinet using nostalgia. The tunnel complaints are non exisitant here, but may be different when I finally get to play it on a regular CRT TV. Great controls and spot on sound. Well done again sir!

The more you play the less you even think about any tunnel issue.. Enjoy!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I played quite a bit of Ms. Pac today. Still suck at it and no way I dare to play it on hard. Actually had to check to see if I had accidentally put it on hard at one point. :lol:

If there was a revision ever made that lightens up the difficulty and/or tweak made to the ghost change time, I'd be all over another purchase. :)

I keep coming back to this game to play. It's an instant classic, I think. Great options to choose, and I'm bad at all of them :-)

Wonderful job, Carl. Can't thank you enough for the efforts on this.

Often it's silent satisfaction that you hear most from happy people.

Folks, if you don't have a copy yet, you're missing a great title. Until a boxed copy is available again, get yourself a ROM copy to play on that multi-cart you plan on buying.

Edited by mthompson
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...
9 hours ago, AW127 said:

Where can i buy a ROM download of this "Ms Pac-Man" version nowadays. The homepage of "Carl Müller JR" seems to be down? Or is this for free in the meantime? And if yes, where to download?

Be mindful that this ROM will not work properly with the ECS plugged in 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rietveld said:

Be mindful that this ROM will not work properly with the ECS plugged in 

Okay, i will take care of this. I have no real Intellivision console, i emulate it and in the "Nostalgia" emulator it is luckily possible, to deactivate the ECS keyboard.

1 hour ago, Sinjinhawke said:

This is how I have been getting his ROMs. 

A6D237FC-EE25-4210-9108-CFDDE4DB70A2.png

So this would mean, that the rom still cost something, right? How much have you paid there?

I thought, the game was for free in the meantime? Also on some internet-sides i found, this was written.

Anybody knows for sure, how it behaves now in the case of this game?

Ms. Pac-Man was free for a time but not anymore.   Now it is $10.   I paid the $10 and the ROM I received is personalized to me but should work on an emulator.  

I believe only D2K Special Edition requires you to have the LTO Flash so you probably would avoid that.

Cool seeing my name when I start the game.  Pretty sure I’m the only Chris left on the planet that still pays for Intellivision stuff.

Well for sure the only Canadian Chris.  95% sure.

99% positive I’m the only Canadian Chris that pays for Intellivision games and likes mayonnaise.  

• Haha 4

47 minutes ago, AW127 said:

Okay, i will take care of this. I have no real Intellivision console, i emulate it and in the "Nostalgia" emulator it is luckily possible, to deactivate the ECS keyboard.

So this would mean, that the rom still cost something, right? How much have you paid there?

I thought, the game was for free in the meantime? Also on some internet-sides i found, this was written.

Anybody knows for sure, how it behaves now in the case of this game?

I have tried ms Pacman on my intv 1 with brown ECS and INTV 2 with the grey ecs. Both show ms Pacman as a giant block.   The rest of the maze looks normal and the game still plays but you are controlling a block instead of a pacman

56 minutes ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Ms. Pac-Man was free for a time but not anymore.   Now it is $10.   I paid the $10 and the ROM I received is personalized to me but should work on an emulator.  

I believe only D2K Special Edition requires you to have the LTO Flash so you probably would avoid that.

Cool seeing my name when I start the game.  Pretty sure I’m the only Chris left on the planet that still pays for Intellivision stuff.

Well for sure the only Canadian Chris.  95% sure.

99% positive I’m the only Canadian Chris that pays for Intellivision games and likes mayonnaise.  

There is definitely another Canadian Chris who very much pays for Intellivision, but you may be the Toronto exclusive. ;)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Black_Tiger said:

There is definitely another Canadian Chris who very much pays for Intellivision, but you may be the Toronto exclusive. ;)

Never heard of him.  And we Canadians know every other Canadian.   I call shenanigans.   I challenge him to Crokinole.   Does he have the CIB of that game?   Didn’t think so.  ?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Never heard of him.  And we Canadians know every other Canadian.   I call shenanigans.   I challenge him to Crokinole.   Does he have the CIB of that game?   Didn’t think so.  ?

I only have the Italian variation ? 

• Like 1