IGNORED

Original Xbox Exclusive Games

Metal Jesus

There are over 200 EXCLUSIVE games released for the Original Xbox. In this video I show you a bunch of them that never came out on any other game console!

** Games Shown **

Ninja Gaiden Black
Conker: Live & Reloaded
Breakdown
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Phantom Dust
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball
Outlaw Volleyball Red Hot!
Sneakers
Kakuto Chojin: Back Alley Brutal Ka-Kuto Cho-JIN
Whacked!
Kingdom under Fire Heroes & The Crusaders
Blinx: The Time Sweeper
Otogi / Otogi 2: Immortal Warriors
Quantum Redshift
The House of the Dead III
Xyanide
Galleon
Superman: The Man of Steel
Murakumo: Renegade Mech Pursuit
Azurik: Rise of Perathia
MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf
Brute Force
Voodoo Vince
Amped 2
Deathrow
Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes
Spikeout: Battle Street
What Games should be in Part 2?
  • Like 5

Ninja Gaiden Black...one of my favorite games of all time. :)

A few more I found fun:

Grabbed by the Ghoulies

Tron 2.0

Advent Rising

Some of the other games I like appear mainly on PC like Arx Fatalis and Thief Deadly Shadows etc. There also was a Conan the Barbarian game released in the UK but I don't think it was exclusive, I imported a copy of that.

Was that Conan game any good?

Unfortunately not... well lets just say it wasn't horrible and it wasn't great but somewhere around 5 or 6 on a scale of 1-10 for the time, probably holds up worse today but I haven't fired it up in years. It was an average hack n slash game with some awful voice acting etc. :P. I never finished it.

I found the guys that made the game, they still have a patch (PC) and the music up for download (bottom left):

http://www.cauldron.sk/

Phantom Dust was a great game on XBL. I had a lot of great laughter moments dodging attacks while waiting for an offensive ability to crop up for me to use.

I didn't like Conker: Live and Reloaded. I played enough of it to say "the original was better" and shelved it. Wasn't there something that could be unlocked buttou needed to be on Live to do it?

Phantom Dust was a great game on XBL. I had a lot of great laughter moments dodging attacks while waiting for an offensive ability to crop up for me to use.

I didn't like Conker: Live and Reloaded. I played enough of it to say "the original was better" and shelved it. Wasn't there something that could be unlocked buttou needed to be on Live to do it?

Huh....the original was better? How so? I loved the game....with the new one simply being updated visuals on the same N64 game, so to me it wasn't better (except for visuals) or worse, but basically the same.

BTW, a new Phantom Dust game was just announced/teased within the last 6 months, so you may be interested in looking out for that.

Huh....the original was better? How so? I loved the game....with the new one simply being updated visuals on the same N64 game, so to me it wasn't better (except for visuals) or worse, but basically the same.

BTW, a new Phantom Dust game was just announced/teased within the last 6 months, so you may be interested in looking out for that.

They actually made Conker easier. Certain sections were changed or yanked for that to happen. I can't recall what as it's been years but from what I read the eel part where you have to charge a power source was cut out of the remake. Also multiplayer was totally changed.

And a new Phantom Dust? Hmmm......

I have 3 Original XBoxes and they all have some kind of problem related to the power switch or drive. I've read about it and it sounds like an easy-ish solder job. It seems that this console is going to be one that probably will require some repair to keep running in the future. Maybe someone will produce a more consumer friendly solution.

Mass effect

You're off a generation there.

Arx Fatalis

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

Oddworld: Munch's Odyssee

Crimson Skies

Steel Battalion

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay (Amazing for its time!!!)

Shenmue 2 (Exclusive to Xbox in US)

Morrowind

Star Wars KotOR 1/2

Doom 3

• Like 1

Lots of PC games being chalked up in this thread as "XBOX Exclusive".. Hmm...

He says in the beginning of the video that he is considering console exclusives and acknowledges that many of the games were available on PC. At that time console gamers and PC gamers were largely separate. I did both but my PC gaming friends scoffed at the idea of gaming on a console.

LOVE me some:

DOOM 3

Forza Motorsport

Halo 1 and 2

Kung Fu Chaos

Mech Assault 1 and 2

Midtown Madness 3

MX Unleashed (**exclusive 1080p on Xbox**)

MX vs ATV Unleashed (**exclusive 1080p on Xbox**)

Panzer Dragoon Orta

Project Gotham Racing 2

Rallisport Challenge 2

Sega GT 2002

Sega GT Online

Shenmue 2

Tecmo Classic Arcade

Top Spin Tennis

I don't care what's available on PC, as I don't PC game.

• Like 1

I have 3 Original XBoxes and they all have some kind of problem related to the power switch or drive. I've read about it and it sounds like an easy-ish solder job. It seems that this console is going to be one that probably will require some repair to keep running in the future. Maybe someone will produce a more consumer friendly solution.

Correct, the Gamecube is nearly infallible and PS2's are a close second. The disc drives were the first things to fail, and those were during the console's lifetime. Then the glitches started up, mostly due to bad traces on the MB. Those were cause either by leaky clock capacitors, or simply bad traces due to poor manufacture/quality control. Yes, with solder and some wire, you can fix the bad traces very easily. Even if you can't, you can buy a working system for next to nothing.

It's nice to see some XBOX Love. Admittedly a lot of the stuff on it doesn't hold up all that well today, but Panzer Dragoon Orta still ranks for me as one of the best games ever created.

Hmm, don't think they hold up? They do mostly to me. You can get 480p (some 16:9) out of nearly all games, and the graphics still look great.

My hope is that someone can recreate the old XBOX Live environment.....

I never stopped playing my original Xbox. I still have plenty of games on my backlog and I try to complete a couple of them a year. I think most games have held up very well.

I have long wanted to dive into working on private servers for the original Xbox Live. I have asked around to see if anyone captured packet data and kept it for a rainy day. I haven't found any yet. I have some ideas on how to approach this even without having captured response data. The biggest problem will be dealing with encryption. It may never happen. As a homebrew Xbox developer I have seen very little motivation in the developer community to pursue this kind of project.

Hmm, don't think they hold up? They do mostly to me. You can get 480p (some 16:9) out of nearly all games, and the graphics still look great.

I think a lot of the visuals look like ass today. There are exceptions of course, like Panzer Dragoon Orta, Kakuto Chojin, OutRun 2, Darkwatch, etc., but a lot of its library is quickly starting to look archaic (as many games are from that generation). Even with 480p they still look like doo doo. :P

Maybe I've been playing too many modern games lately..

He says in the beginning of the video that he is considering console exclusives and acknowledges that many of the games were available on PC. At that time console gamers and PC gamers were largely separate. I did both but my PC gaming friends scoffed at the idea of gaming on a console.

I was mainly referring to the thread itself, not the video. I just figured people here would be trying to throw out exclusives that aren't readily available on the PC.

I knew a lot of people back then as well that gamed on both console and PC. Then again, my perspective have been a little biased because I was working in a videogame store at the time. I talked to a lot of multi-plat gamers on a regular basis.

Edited by Austin

When Dreamcast was canceled, SEGA split their output among the other 3 systems, although strangely almost all as exclusives. Xbox got I feel the best games from SEGA. Sure Gamecube got Sonic, but those games didn't differ much from DC versions. PS2 Japan got tons of classic SEGA stuff, North America/Europe didn't get them. But Xbox seemed to get the most of the "new" SEGA output.