IGNORED

Lynx LCD Replacement/VGA-Out by McWill

Jungsi

I think it's time to seperate these from the replacement done by Furrtek in the other thread.

This is about the replacement done by Mcwill which was first mentioned in this post:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/230579-tv-out-under-the-christmas-tree-2014/?p=3125094

Today my modified Lynx arrived and all I can say about the picture ist only: Incredible :-)

Never seen such great colours on the internal Lynx display - and playing on a 19'' computer LCD is really great (espcecially for me - with not so good eyes)

I can only say: "Thank you" for doing this replacement - that's a great progress for the lynx!

I've made two pictures running "Todd's Adventure in SLIME World" - one on the Lynx with the modified display and one on the original one :-)

post-36053-0-65222100-1420895920_thumb.jpg

post-36053-0-19034300-1420895923_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jungsi
  • Like 18

that looks great, probably would've have considered a replacement screen without seeing that pic but it's such a big improvement. With replacement screen and TV out I can definitely see the Lynx getting played a lot more!

Now just for someone to create a smaller version of the Lynx with both those features! :P

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

The screenshot also answers another topic. In the programming forum there has been discussion if we need two color profiles. One for the original Lynx LCD and another for the modern LCD. Clearly this is not the case. The modern colors are probably what the designer wanted when he created the graphics on the Amiga. It is just that the original Lynx LCD has no means to show the colors correctly.

Hey McWill, I really like the results of the LCD mod you did, it looks awesome! I have a version 2 coming in the mail soon and I am hoping the screen will be decent in person. Although now that I have seen your new screens, I don't know if I will be happy with my ebay score. :D

Edited by NeloDiavolo

I never heard back from you. I messaged you on 12/9. I just sent another PM.

Sorry, I meant Radfoo.

At present I try to reply all with the orders out of the EU (USA, Canada, Australia, Japan). I guess the shipping will be start probably next week, cause of the custom.

I can't hurry up the bureaucracy, sorry.

Sorry, I meant Radfoo.

At present I try to reply all with the orders out of the EU (USA, Canada, Australia, Japan). I guess the shipping will be start probably next week, cause of the custom.

I can't hurry up the bureaucracy, sorry.

No problem! Just wanted to make sure that I don't miss out. Thanks for developing this!

Yay! Ordered! Messed up the payment and sent £109 instead of 109 euros lol - Doh, having a bad day! Looks great, can't wait. Chances are this might arrive before Furrteks VGA mod, and definitely before Candles.

I almost gave up on the idea I will ever get a Lynx with video out. But looking at what I got from McWill I personally find the new built in screen even more interesting than the VGA out, even that one works fine as well.