IGNORED

Lynx LCD Replacement/VGA-Out by McWill

Jungsi

I really need to bite the bullet and get in on the second batch of these...the original Lynx screen is pretty terrible and that picture with roadblasters made me want to upgrade it pretty bad!!

Can someone post a link to the video of the mod on youtube that is specific to this kit? I'm going to need all the help I can get putting this sucker in.

Edited by travistouchdown

I really need to bite the bullet and get in on the second batch of these...the original Lynx screen is pretty terrible and that picture with roadblasters made me want to upgrade it pretty bad!!

Can someone post a link to the video of the mod on youtube that is specific to this kit? I'm going to need all the help I can get putting this sucker in.

Mc Will´s video:

GadgetUK´s video:

My review:

LOOK . no dead pixels on my development White Lynx anymore :)

post-2099-0-12876500-1424025386_thumb.png

The VGA out is also excellent. I cannot make up my mind if I should use the LCD or the VGA. Perhaps the VGA is still better for writing games as the Lynx screen is so tiny.

Thanks Mc Will. This miracle finally materialized on my desk :) :) :)

This upgraded Startrooper Lynx should help a lot to get into the mood for Stardreamer.

"Cut the chatter, Red 2. Accelerate to attack speed."

Edited by karri

The joypad is still up/down instead of right/left. To play Klax on a VGA you need a tiltable monitor and a separate joystick that can be turned 90 degrees.

Hmm, that's got me thinking about building a joystick with a multiplexer and a switch that lets you toggle the joystick between horizontal and vertical mode games. You'd still have to physically rotate the screen but at least the joystick can stay put.

Hello, I'm Italian and my English is bad.

use a translator to write. so I apologize in advance.

Where can I find a lynx modified with vga

If you have a LYNX-II already, you can order the LYNX-II mod. With a bit solder experience, you are able to install the mod in your LYNX-II. It is not too difficult to install.

• Like 1

If you have a LYNX-II already, you can order the LYNX-II mod. With a bit solder experience, you are able to install the mod in your LYNX-II. It is not too difficult to install.

I'm really not sure how i missed this thread! I think i had it confused with 2 other similar VGA/screen replacement threads!! :mad: :mad:

I'm VERY interested in one screen replacement AND VGA output 'package'. Are these both available as kits AND as pre-made Lynx II's for purchase? I would prefer already made but if thats out of the question i'm more than happy to hunt someone down with 'mad soldering skillz' and get it done for me :-D Interested in one (but two if available as i know a mad Lynx friend and collector who has no idea about this yet but will die if he sees mine and can't get one for himself). If they're available now then so if my money/PayPal! ;)

Hmm, that's got me thinking about building a joystick with a multiplexer and a switch that lets you toggle the joystick between horizontal and vertical mode games. You'd still have to physically rotate the screen but at least the joystick can stay put.

That is probably the best solution. I have a really nice joystick from a cheap Space Invaders console (if I just can find it). Everything is a mess as we are in the middle of some pipe repairs.

I'm really not sure how i missed this thread! I think i had it confused with 2 other similar VGA/screen replacement threads!! :mad: :mad:

I'm VERY interested in one screen replacement AND VGA output 'package'. Are these both available as kits AND as pre-made Lynx II's for purchase? I would prefer already made but if thats out of the question i'm more than happy to hunt someone down with 'mad soldering skillz' and get it done for me :-D Interested in one (but two if available as i know a mad Lynx friend and collector who has no idea about this yet but will die if he sees mine and can't get one for himself). If they're available now then so if my money/PayPal! ;)

It is only one board (LCD replacement AND VGA). I attached the Quick Guide for making sure that it is not too difficult to install. The boards are available on thursday again! If you want to order, please send me a PM or send an email to: order-lynx-lcd[at]online[dot]de

Quick Guide_LYNX-II-REV1.0.pdf

• Like 1

It is only one board (LCD replacement AND VGA). I attached the Quick Guide for making sure that it is not too difficult to install. The boards are available on thursday again! If you want to order, please send me a PM or send an email to: order-lynx-lcd[at]online[dot]de

Danke schön! Sending email now! :)

I noticed a few of you trying to use a controller rather than Lynx itself to play on a monitor. And you mentioned some games need the display rotated. I found someone's hack that could do the trick: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/211209-using-psx-or-snes-controller-on-other-consoles-cheaply/?p=2736622

By rotating the control pad via code, one can use regular controller with both horizontal and vertical games without rotating controller. Looking at the code, Select button on PSX switches between H and V mode. I'm sure the code can be modified to use other controller rather than PSX used by the original author.