IGNORED

Just Barely On Topic: Fun with LabelMaker2600 (Led Zeppelin)

wiseguyusa

I went to LabelMaker2600.com and was having some fun with the label maker when I had a somewhat 420 induced idea.

I uploaded a popular Led Zeppelin bootleg, left out the songs that were incomplete recordings, and renamed it "Led Zeppelin - CX-420"

The bootleg is from 1977, the year that the 2600 first landed under Christmas trees in the USA.

I thought that the cartridge design was kinda clever, hope you guys enjoy the bootleg, and get the joke.

Enjoy: http://www.roguestream.net/ledzep/Clv77

Edited by wiseguyusa
  • Like 2

Makes me wish I was old enough to be able to sit up late in '77 listening to this while playing some Surround... Alas, I was only 5!

Thanks for sharing. :)

PS: Love the label - if only Led Zep had used that for Song Remains the Same. That would've been cool...

Awesome! That's a great gig, too. I think it's known as the Destroyer show, which is confusing, as that's a Kiss album, but you know how bootleggers are. :)

This is drastically off-topic, but if you don't have any of the '77 L.A. shows, PM me. You need those. They're some of the best Zeppelin gigs ever captured on portable tape recorders.

Awesome! That's a great gig, too. I think it's known as the Destroyer show, which is confusing, as that's a Kiss album, but you know how bootleggers are. :)

This is drastically off-topic, but if you don't have any of the '77 L.A. shows, PM me. You need those. They're some of the best Zeppelin gigs ever captured on portable tape recorders.

Oh yeah, the "Millard Masters" Mike Milliard was a High School Custodian by day, undercover taper with a stealthy wheel chair loaded with premium recording equipment by night. He was the sounce of some of the greatest concert recordings in history! Every thing that came through the Inglewood Forum from 1975-ish to mid-1980's just about.

and yes the original bootlegs of this recording were called "Destroyer" to distinguish it from "The Destroyer" which is a mediocre audience recording of a much better performance than the famous soundboard recording the that would surface from the following night.

and "Destroyer III" was an audience recording from Maryland a few weeks later.

Edited by wiseguyusa
  • Like 1