IGNORED

WTB: 99'er Mags Vol. 1 (TI-99/4a) & Prostick II Joystick (Blue)

conmee

January 2017 Update:

Per most recent post, I've acquired most of the items I had been looking for, but still looking for first year/first six issues of 99'er Magazine Volume 1, Nos. 1-6. And also would add that I'm looking for a Prostick II Joystick (Blue).

Thanks everyone!

----------

Hello,

I'm looking to buy the following:

• TI Color Monitor (PHA4100A) Operating Guide
  • Slymoids (PHM3197) User Manual
  • TI Editor/Assembler Disks (PHM3055) - Original Part A and Part B Floppy Disks
  • First year/First six issues of 99'er Magazine Volume 1, Nos. 1-6

I have PDF versions of the guide, manual, and 99'er magazines listed above, but would like the original printed versions. I also have copies of the TI Editor/Assembler Disks, but would like the original TI supplied disks. As for the 99'er magazines, I have the 99'er Best Of that has most of the content from the first year of print (Volume 1), but would like to have the original six magazines which are likely rare (even copies with mailing labels are fine). Just trying to round out and complete my collection.

Happy to pay for the above items and/or offer in trade any of my extra equipment (TI-99/4a Silver/Black console with power supply and documentation, speech synthesizer, PEB with cable and floppy disk drive - but no disk controller just the drive, black program recorder, beige program recorder, dual recorder cable, TI joysticks, TI-Writer Software, Extended Basic, Neurosurgeon, Adventure (cart only), Star Trek, TI Printer Manual - PHP2500). Everything is tested and works. I have the documentation for most of the stuff including TI-Writer, but I don't have the original TI-Writer binder and don't have any of the original packaging/boxes).

Any offers/help appreciated.

Thanks!

post-41266-0-24604300-1483598856_thumb.jpg

Edited by conmee

GreeTIngs, Ralph!

I just acquired the E/A disks, and also three of the six Vol 1 of 99'er magazine. So here's my updated wanted list:

• TI Color Monitor Manual (PHA4100A)
  • Slymoids Manual (PHM3197)
  • 99'er Magazine - Vol 1. Issue 1, 2, 4

If you come across any of the above in your collection, happy to pay, trade, or combination of both, whatever is best.

Thanks,

Daniel

Ralph,

Thanks and no worries. The Volume 1 issues are somewhat rare. I remember I couldn't even purchase back issues in 1983 because the publisher was already out of stock (the December 1982 issue mentions the first four issues were out of print and of limited quantity in one of their subscription advertisements).

The other documentation is just "nice to have" since it would complete my original documentation for all my hardware and carts.

sTIll waiTIng,

Daniel

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ralph,

Thanks for the effort. I finally obtained the Slymoids manual. Now I'm just looking for the monitor manual and 99'er issues and my childhood collection/system is complete:

If anyone has these and wants to sell them, let me know.

Ralph,

Thanks for the effort. I finally obtained the Slymoids manual. Now I'm just looking for the monitor manual and 99'er issues and my childhood collection/system is complete:

If anyone has these and wants to sell them, let me know.

When you get one, would you be willing to scan it in and post a PDF of it << HERE >>?

The copy of << THIS ONE >> sucks!

THANKS!

Sure will but I think it's quite rare and not holding my breath that I'll ever acquire it (I'd even consider buying the monitor WITH the manual though I already have the monitor lol).

I'm using the PDF version from Mainbyte which you may have already looked at, it's certainly better than the linked version you mention. Take a look at << THIS ONE >> if you haven't already.

Daniel

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

*** Once-A-Year Bump ***

If anyone has or knows anyone who has and is willing to part with 99'er Magazine Volume 1, Issues 1, 2, and 4 (or all six issues of Volume 1 if he/she has them), I'm still looking to buy to complete my 99'er Magazine collection. Original publisher Gary Kaplan still hasn't responded to my LinkedIn email/connection request, which is the same response I got in the 80's when he abruptly stopped publishing Home Computer Magazine... ;)

Thanks!

P.S. No longer need the other items that were listed at the beginning of this thread (floppies, manuals)...

Tell me about it. I've been scouring the Internet, ok, maybe not scouring, but occasionally searching for those issues. Barry Boone mentioned he had copies somewhere in storage but haven't heard from him in awhile, hope he's doing well. I'll check out the monitor manual listing, but printed a very good PDF from the mainbyte link I posted above. And I bought the E/A new old stock back in January. So just those elusive 99'er issues are all I need... I need a Christmas (or Festivus) miracle!!!!

• 1 year later...

*** Once-A-Year Bump ***

If anyone out there wishes to part with their 99'er Magazine Volume I, Issues 1, 2, and 4 (or know someone who does), PM me. Price is no object thanks to Santa's brokerage account, thus I have the money at the ready! I'll even purchase all six Volume I issues, or an entire 99'er/HCM collection if a willing seller doesn't want to parcel out their collection.

Gary Kaplan still (still!) hasn't accepted my LinkedIn invite (was hoping he had some back issues in the family attic), so I'm at the mercy of the AtariAge and TI faithful, the Fates, the eBay, and random garage sales. I've found everything else I've wanted and my TI-99/4a system/universe is complete once I acquire these rarest of periodicals.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all...

--------

P.S. As mentioned in my edit at the top, in addition to the 99'er Magazines, I'm also looking for a Prostick II Joystick by Newport Controls.

Thanks!

Edited by conmee