IGNORED

Jaguar HSC Revamped, SEASON 7, ROUND 5

twoquickcapri

Jaguar HSC Revamped, SEASON 7, ROUND 5

(Round Over)

post-19213-0-15345100-1421050366_thumb.png

RULES AND DIRECTIONS:

Pick any mode (2, 5 or 8 credits mode), but we will only be using *one* credit. This means that after you get a game over, you must drop the controller and let the countdown get to zero. DO NOT CONTINUE. Submit your score when you are finished. To clarify further, you use one credit when starting a game. So basically, start a game, and when you lose your lives, do not continue.

If you are not familiar with the Jaguar HSC general rules and how the scoring system works, please visit this thread here: http://www.atariage....son-5-schedule/. It is recommended that you take a photo of your score, but it is not required. We go on good faith here, so please be honest.. icon_smile.gif

Raiden SCORES:
  • Austin - 2,410,210(+9)
  • Isgoed - 1,050,590(+6)
  • twoquickcapri - 882,510(+3)
  • Spacey Invader - 282,810(+1)
  • masematte - 236,770(+1)
  • mckafka99 - 86,950(+1)
  • travistouchdown - 68,100(+1)
  • jblenkle - 48,930(+1)

The Current Jaguar HSC Rankings:
  • masematte - (34 pts)
  • Isgoed - (30 pts)
  • Spacey Invader - (11 pts)
  • mckafka99 - (10 pts)
  • Austin - (9 pts)
  • twoquickcapri - (7 pts)
  • travistouchdown - (5 pts)
  • roadrunner - (3 pts)
  • jblenkle - (3 pts)
  • CyranoJ - (2 pts)
  • atariLBC - (1 pts)

Edited by twoquickcapri

I'm using Project Tempest. I looked and the same buttons apparently are mapped, but I don't seem to be able to change the mapping for the 2nd controller. I tried Virtual Jaguar, but can't even get the game running in it.

Unless anyone has any ideas I may have to sit this one out.

thanks

Are you playing in Emulation? Is First and Second controller buttons mapped to the same keys?

OK, in addition to my above message...

Project Tempest - For some reason I can't configure my joypad. It works fine as is for one-player games, but it has the same mappings for controller 1 and controller 2 and it won't let me change them. Any ideas? I've plugged in several different USB joypads just in case it was something weird with the controller and get the same result.

Virtual Jaguar - I finally got Raiden working in Virtual Jaguar, but again I am having no luck configuring my joypad and have to use the keyboard. It supposedly recognizes usb joysticks, but when I try to map the controller it does not seem to recognize it.

OK, in addition to my above message...

Project Tempest - For some reason I can't configure my joypad. It works fine as is for one-player games, but it has the same mappings for controller 1 and controller 2 and it won't let me change them. Any ideas? I've plugged in several different USB joypads just in case it was something weird with the controller and get the same result.

Virtual Jaguar - I finally got Raiden working in Virtual Jaguar, but again I am having no luck configuring my joypad and have to use the keyboard. It supposedly recognizes usb joysticks, but when I try to map the controller it does not seem to recognize it.

Hey Jblenkle, I think if you plug a joypad in before starting VJag it'll work. It does for me. plug the pad in, start up Vjag, and the "redefine all inputs." Distressingly, I cannot get my original 2600 stick to work with my handy-dandy adapter, as it only recognizes the button press and not the directions. Sadness.

I leave it plugged in all the time and am seemingly only having problems with it on the Jaguar emulators.

Hey Jblenkle, I think if you plug a joypad in before starting VJag it'll work. It does for me. plug the pad in, start up Vjag, and the "redefine all inputs." Distressingly, I cannot get my original 2600 stick to work with my handy-dandy adapter, as it only recognizes the button press and not the directions. Sadness.

Sounds like some Jag hate on the part of your computer. Do the buttons register? Only ask because I found the vjag incapable of recognizing analog stick movements, so if the buttons register and the stick doesn't could be that. that is, if the computer doesn't just flat-out hate the poor Jag, which, let's face it, has been through enough without such madness.

I leave it plugged in all the time and am seemingly only having problems with it on the Jaguar emulators.

I honestly don't know what's going on. Raiden seems to be the only game I'm having this problem on. The same joysticks worked fine on the last couple of games before this. All I can do is keep trying. I seemingly can play OK now on Virtual Jaguar using the keyboard so I guess I'm stuck with that.

Sounds like some Jag hate on the part of your computer. Do the buttons register? Only ask because I found the vjag incapable of recognizing analog stick movements, so if the buttons register and the stick doesn't could be that. that is, if the computer doesn't just flat-out hate the poor Jag, which, let's face it, has been through enough without such madness.

Sorry to post this here, but I'm still having trouble getting Virtual Jaguar to even recognize my joypad let alone let me configure it. I found a post on a NGEmu Forum from someone named Shamus who apparently wrote the emulator...(see below)

I have no idea what he is talking about here. How do you tell Virtual Jaguar which virtual controller port it wants? I do not see any of this in the configuration menu - only a place for configuring controller 1 & 2 which apparently both only see my keyboard and are both mapped to it.

"The way device maps work is that you have to tell VJ which virtual controller port you want it to go to (the "Maps to:" combobox). If that combobox says "None", well, guess what will happen? clear.png

So, the combinations are: "None", "Port #1", "Port #2", and "Either one that's free". If you choose "Port #1", VJ will attempt to map the controller to virtual port #1. If you choose "Port #2", VJ will attempt to map the controller to virtual port #2. If you choose "Either on that's free", VJ will attempt to map the controller to a free virtual port, assuming they haven't been taken already by other controllers.

VJ will try to do the right thing (it can resolve some simple conflicts), but it's not foolproof. If you tell VJ that your controller maps to nothing, VJ will happily comply with what you told it to do."

This post is redundant, as you can see below. It is the result of using a cell phone hotspot, having the browser spend five minutes to say it didn't send content, then hitting "re-load" to discover that it had after all. That is all. (can this be deleted?)

post-40055-0-98739600-1421728553_thumb.jpg

twoquickcapri, you're an inspiration -- that's quite a lead. I myself may have reached my peak.

Edited by Spacey Invader

Done via a live stream (Twoquickcapri was watching!)

Unfortunately, the cart died on me after this screen you see here. Straight green screen. I don't know if it's the cart or my system, but this shouldn't have happened.. Nine lives in the bank and I was hoping to eclipse 4 million (haven't tried that in a while!).

post-24675-0-89909500-1422016016_thumb.jpg

• Like 3