IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

Well thats funny b/c last time I was in that same store (according to your pic's receipt) I had a conversation about rare 7800 games with another fellow customer, he was near the counter/register, & I was by the door/Playstation games so we were basically talking the length of the store, so anyone in the place HAD to hear us- including the owner.

I mentioned I used to have some of the rarer 7800 titles- Ninja Golf, Commando, Alien Brigade, but since sold them years back. & Im pretty sure the other guy started rattling of what these titles are currently worth.

So the owner almost certainly knew what he had there...usually that place is too expensive for my tastes, but thats a damn good find.

Honestly I'd be really surprised if the store owner didn't know what Ninja Golf was worth, since I stop in there and shoot the breeze with him once or twice a month about Atari games and he's always been very knowledgeable about pretty much everything relating to Atari. I actually bought my Light Sixer model 2600 that I use almost every day from him and most of the 2600 games I own are from that store as well.

So if I had to venture a guess I'd say he probably did know what Ninja Golf was worth and just gave me a ridiculously good deal on it because I've bought so much Atari stuff from him in the past, and I'm guessing he was feeling sorry for me since I had just had surgery and was in pretty rough shape.

• 2 weeks later...

After getting it all tested I decided to put my NES Classic Mini into a pic with all the accessories I've bought lately...

I probably went a little overboard. I like the Emio Edge Joysticks and Gamepads...The off brand controller with the concave (instead of convex) buttons is a little mushy in the button department compared to the Emios and Nintendos. Also I got a case, some extension cables, and a Mayflash Adapter...

gallery_45412_1932_117053.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I had a few pickups these last few months and figured I’d update my finds.

Famicom Classic. Essentially the as the same exact thing as the NES classic but readily available so anyone looking for a NES Classic should get this. Slightly different games but everything is playable, Mega Man is Rock Man, Zelda still in English. It has two hard wired MINI controllers and they are TINY. Some games like Metroid & Zelda actually go through the Famicom Disc System and have loading screen and the extra audio sounds. I also bought the Disc System Stand that is essentially a drawer.
20170604_014910225_iOS_zps5vvbfv0f.jpg
20170604_014858992_iOS_zpswojei7ju.jpg
20170604_014845841_iOS_zpshstw7mln.jpg

Samurai Shodown IV. Amazing game for the CD and incredible Grafx/Animation. So many different fighting styles to keep the replay value for years.
20170425_001520500_iOS_zpsx91a1gkf.jpg
20170424_233508045_iOS_zpsizs7d25z.jpg

Metal Slug 2. Absolutely better than X after a recent play though. I am thinking of having it modded to reduce the slowdown.

IMG_4966_zps91ocmitd.jpg
IMG_4967_zpsjvrdvbgb.jpg
IMG_4968_zpsvwycmkyu.jpg

Waku Waku 7, what a weird game!!! Crazy fighting mechanics and style. Beautiful game and is now a staple in my cab.

20170531_230844873_iOS_zpsjt8kley6.jpg
20170531_230912401_iOS_zps8iabn0dk.jpg

Garage Sale Pickups of PS1/PS2 stuff. $1 each. I think I did good.

20170528_224243692_iOS_zpsii95rcqf.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

65raeQy.jpg

Picked these up over the past few days; the nearby Goodwills were very, very kind to me. About $20 for everything. Not pictured is a big box copy of Comanche 4 I found today. I wasn't even aware that game had a big box release but hey, I wanted to play it so I got it.

Edited by Noah120

Last kick I've bought lately are as follows :

Magnavox odyssey rifle cib with carts foam overlays warranty card

A complete in box tomy tutor game system with 2 loose games and 1 cib title.

A loose but working fm towns marty with sealed demo disc. (Can't wait forto get home and hook that up).

I got a vectrex that needs a recap job but brightness and sound work fine. Just a tiny screen.

I got a gamebike for the ps2. Some wierd adapter you put your bike on or something.

I got a group lot of atari 2600 roms/ eproms and 2 atari 2600 prototype boards.. 1 is a 4k board and the other is an 8k Sara board.

A group lot of a8 carts that will be going up for trade when I get home.

And I think that's about it. My friend is sending me and my fiance a engagement gift that I'm told is gaming related. Ok I know what it is but I want the fiance to be surprised and sometimes she surfs here.

My latest pickup was a sealed copy of D2K Arcade for Intellivision for $65. The eBay seller I bought it from seems like a nice guy. He orginally had it up for $109US, but it never sold. After dropping his price a few times, I decided to make him an offer. Now I'm waiting for my game to arrive so I can play some Donkey Kong.

• Like 1

Latest Pickups (Saturday) for me were Batman and A Boy and His Blob for the NES, and Shenmue for the Dreamcast. All picked up from the same local game store. All 4 discs are there for Shenmue and are mint, and it has the passport book. However, the main instruction manual is missing - so, if anyone has that ;)

-Allen

As I stated in the 2600 section picked this lot up with 3 controllers but doing research to figure out what the musical cart is. I probably should work on the no label intellivision title too.. but if anyone here has thoughts to the musical cart I'm all ears. Won't be home till end of august to test it and play it but would love to hear other thoughts on what it could be

post-35058-0-72071800-1501792396_thumb.png

post-35058-0-29203000-1501792467_thumb.png

Saw and instantly picked this up. Now my Atari-produced 5200 collection is complete.

s-l1600.jpg

Excellent pickup and the CX52 controllers work well with this game. Added bonus is the included controller holder, which is also used by my personal favorite 5200 game....Space Dungeon.

Game on!

• Like 1