IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

Last night: an $8 (shipped) copy of Snak-Man for VIC-20, apparently complete. Had to test the eBay app on my new iPhone. ;) :ponder:

Today: Arcadia 2001 w/ 9 CIB games. Because I'm a little touched in the head. :dunce: The 12V power supply (?!) is missing so the console is untested (seller isn't a game reseller, so I feel there's a good chance "untested" in this case actually means "untested"), but it was a good price even for just the games.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bought it a couple weeks ago, but just arrived...completed my GoGo TV Video Vision console collection with the Paintball and Snowboard carts and peripherals, only sold in France by Smoby. The paintball one is pretty hard to find. The console and six other games were by Manley in USA and are fairly common: 4-in-1, Whack-a-Mole, Tennis, Baseball, Basketball and Dodgeball. Baseball bat's never worked, but the cart does and found I could play with the Star Wars orb or Lord of the Rings castle turret from Hasbro, so I made a bat out of a loose orb I bought off e-bay.

post-54985-0-93384400-1507252175.jpg

• Like 1

post-47842-0-16253400-1507348406.jpg

Found this at a junk shop last week for $45 CDN, has a few mechanical issues but I'm sure I'll get it working.

Also got a free Masters Of The Universe tape from 1984 with it, which has a mediocre plot and really cheesy voice acting.

It's one of those tapes you can tell was recorded by a lesser known company (Kid Stuff to be precise) to piggyback off the success of the TV series, even though it's based on the comic.

The deck itself is really high quality, the only reason it's not working is because it was apparently used a lot and has some wear and tear.

Edited by Jumpman1981
  • Like 2

Take a look at the sickening condition I found this game in......sure, it's a shitty title, but NO game deserves to be treated like this. Spider webs/soda/liquid feces?

:(

post-61233-0-54236200-1507415324_thumb.jpg

post-61233-0-70149900-1507415357_thumb.jpg

Is this actual hair growing from the seam??

post-61233-0-93433500-1507415338_thumb.jpg

Disgusting. I opened it up for a thorough cleaning, and immediately was hit with a heavy stench, something akin to canned dog food. Let's see how she turns out, it's always a crapshoot (pun intended) with some of these older stains/odors! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I bought a few things, first, at V-Stock, I bought 3 Atari 2600 Games, "Name this Game" "infiltrate" and "tutankamen"

Then, on eBay, I bought a sealed in the box "the Great Wall Street Fortune Hunt" for the Magnavox Odyssey 2, "UFO" (Odyssey 2,CIB) "out of this world/Helocopter rescue"!, and 15 Atari 2600 Games. (Most of these are from the eBay bods I won,

as they are not at my doorstep yet) post-23828-0-23731700-1507510574_thumb.jpg

post-23828-0-56554700-1507511557.jpg

post-23828-0-94401800-1507511721.jpg

post-23828-0-70925300-1507512044.jpg

Edited by Polybius
  • Like 2

Actually bought sometime back, but received in my Culdcept collectors edition for the 3DS and PC collectors edition for Undertale yesterday. Oh..and I picked up a vintage B&K 1474 O'scope to learn with and hopefully put to some decent use!

22467501_10210132091476116_8010853862706

• Like 4

Final pick ups before heading back to work are as follows :

1.) HeathKit GD-1380 Kit Pong console

2.) HeathKit GR-2000 Kit Television that the GD-1380 can hook up to and be used with.

3.) Playstation 3 CECHA01 Backwards compatible system.

4.) Microsoft Xbox Mountain Dew Edition CIB basically new since looks never been used with all the clear film on it and the manual baggy never opened.

5.) Panasonic 3DO Developers System with 2 controllers.

6.) 2 Atari 2600 Debug carts that were listed forsale on this site.

7.) Picked up around 20 random SNES carts for my collection. Included was Marvel War of Gems and 3 Ninjas

I got this for about 24 bucks on eBay. It's such a novelty I had to grab it. It's Nintendo's smallest hand held! Sure it's Japanese but I like grabbing stuff out of my region. Hopefully I can put together the complete set over time. I think there are only 11 or so releases for it.

post-62137-0-30965800-1508372084_thumb.jpg

BK Precision is pretty good basic stuff. I learned on one many years ago.

And while these manuals are not specific to your scope, many features cross over. Much like how all airplanes have basic controls common to all models. Especially applicable would be the OAGuide.pdf - a BK publication for Oscilloscope Applications and usage. A ready reference for all kinds of scope functions.

BK Precision 2120B.zip

Actually bought sometime back, but received in my Culdcept collectors edition for the 3DS and PC collectors edition for Undertale yesterday. Oh..and I picked up a vintage B&K 1474 O'scope to learn with and hopefully put to some decent use!

If you're really new to scopes. Build up a couple of simple oscillators and timer circuits and probe around those to get the lay of the land.

Edited by Keatah

If you're really new to scopes. Build up a couple of simple oscillators and timer circuits and probe around those to get the lay of the land.

Yeah..well, near as I can tell this vintage scope will need work done to it before it can be used. Looks like the Y amp isn't working. I can't get any response on either channel's knobs to move the trace up or down and switching to Dual trace mode just gives me a slightly brighter single trace. So I'm assuming it is the Y amplification board that isn't doing its job. I'm hoping for something simple, but..ehh it didn't cost me much so we shall see. I do hope I can get it working properly as it appears to be a good scope otherwise.

There is a service sheet + schematic available for it just google it. Since these were moved around quite a bit and often manhandled, several people have said solder joints could crack. So you'll want to check those. Check the schematic to help narrow it down.

Edited by Keatah

There is a service sheet + schematic available for it just google it. Since these were moved around quite a bit and often manhandled, several people have said solder joints could crack. So you'll want to check those. Check the schematic to help narrow it down.

I actually sent a request to BK Precision support for a line on where to the get manual and they replied two days later with a complete PDF scan of the scope and...parts list...and... schematic! Free!! But I'm not the best at ready schemes honestly...but I was planning to start with power first since all Y controls appear to not work it has to be something central to the y amp board. So..cracked and loose solder joints is a good start. ASAP right?

I actually sent a request to BK Precision support for a line on where to the get manual and they replied two days later with a complete PDF scan of the scope and...parts list...and... schematic! Free!! But I'm not the best at ready schemes honestly...but I was planning to start with power first since all Y controls appear to not work it has to be something central to the y amp board. So..cracked and loose solder joints is a good start. ASAP right?

Well it's good that you are at least getting a trace on the screen. That would isolate the problem to the vertical circuit. Since both channels are doing the same thing, it would seem to be after the switching circuit. Unless there is some obvious mechanical defect you can spot, I think your going to be getting some practice on your schematic reading skills. Good luck! :)