IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

Hit up a retro store today and picked up some extra carts I didn't have for the collection. Most standard stuff, just to say I have them. However happy to get a clean Adventure, Pete Rose Baseball and Motorodeo. Puts me at 160 carts. Sweet :)

post-52250-0-68493900-1518600975.jpg

• Like 1

5200 arrived today. I forgot how huge they were. The picture doesnt do justice to its presence in the room.

That is one sweet looking 5200. Congrats on your purchase! You have got to get yourself a trak-ball. Take your time and happy hunting. :)

Nice, has that one been restored?

No, I don't buy restorations (the definition and quality of which tend to be all over the map) and prefer original unless something's just plain missing. I did add repro sideart to my Zaxxon, as it appears to have never had any for some reason.

This one's just a nice survivor.

26229297_1916576871689970_70294637960321

• Like 2

I have greatly slowed my collecting roll so far in 2018. That said, I have a couple recent pickups for the Switch:

md2B2SEl.jpg

I've heard good things about Cave Story over the years, but never played it. It was on sale for $25 at Target last week, so I snagged it.

Super Mario Odyssey was a birthday gift to myself a couple weeks back. It was the other reason (other than Breath of the Wild) for me purchasing a Switch.

I haven't had time to play either one because adulting. :mad:

• Like 1

Atari 5200 Trak-Ball, Brand New and Sealed, and not from Venezuela, so it has more than a 50% chance of arriving, but got it for a similar cost. Luckily, it was on eBay about 2 minutes when I spotted it. Actually cost me about $20 more than the used one I was about to buy, but I could not pass that up. Now:

A. The seller has a 100% rating but hope it wasn't one he dropped down the stairs.

B. Will feel guilty for opening it

s-l500.jpg

• Like 4

had some great weather today so made my rounds to all the junk stores / thrift stores / antique malls

didn't find a lot but got several deals

got my lil guy a leap pad 3, for 4$ with games (nice thing is they can be hacked and install all kinds of .sfw flash games), now no more fighting lol (his big brother has one already )

his older brother (turning 3 this week ) got the mother load

a k'nex roller coaster store display from Walmart got it at an antique mall for only 10$

it needs new plexi glass

and the motor was bad (already fixed the motor )

boy was he happy lol think I got 200 hugs before his bedtime lol

https://youtu.be/wCw8-YfrK0k

the fun part is going to be finding a place in the game room for it , the thing is huge (the grey chairs behind it are full bar height )

not much luck for myself

found a radio shack amplified video selector (5 coax inputs , 3 coax outputs ) for only 3$

so now I can have all my coax only systems switched

everything els was a bust no classic games , and all the vintage train gear was junk or over priced

post-63035-0-91148000-1519709515_thumb.jpg

post-63035-0-27023000-1519709540_thumb.jpg

post-63035-0-75338300-1519709553_thumb.jpg

post-63035-0-34643500-1519709564_thumb.jpg

post-63035-0-92175800-1519709577_thumb.jpg