IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

Just got this in the mail today...

As of right now, being a 70's baby, I think this is the coolest ATARI item in my collection so far and I've got a lot of ATARI. Paired up with my Philips GA-212 turntable.

Now that I've clicked on the video, I gotta say that is pretty neato! :)

• Like 1

WHAT DID I GET MYSELF INTO ?!?!

Took 14 days to get here due to our wonderful USPS "delay" in shipping, but here is my recent purchase. I have a couple busy days ahead of me...

ATARI XEGS - CIB (except black contoller instead of beige)

Two Magnavox Odyssey 2's - Appear to be CIB

Several Odyssey games - CIB

Atari 2600 4 switch

Atari 400 and 410 w/power supplies

Atari 800XL

EMPTY Atari Video Pinball :mad: box

Over 240+ 2600 cartridges (several dups) in USPS boxes in pics

A couple Atari 2600 cartridges - CIB

Several 8-bit cartridges, cassettes, manuals, books, etc

One TI-99 cartridge

Several Atari controllers and paddles

and one beat to HELL Atari 5200

(probably missing something, but you get the idea) On with the pics...

post-61269-0-58621200-1522096853_thumb.jpg

post-61269-0-11424300-1522096880_thumb.jpg

post-61269-0-85470700-1522096904_thumb.jpg

post-61269-0-01482500-1522096939_thumb.jpg

CRAZY motherload of fun. Almost everything needs some TLC, but going to be working on this for quite some time.

• Like 4

What did the XEGS cost you if you don't mind me asking? I'm playing with the idea of buying one myself.

It was part of the entire lot pictured. After I clean it and test functionality I might be selling it.

I'm just overwhelmed right now with all that was included. So far I cleaned and tested the 2600, 800XL and 400. They all work.

2600 board had to be flushed with electronic cleaner and case washed.

800XL worked first try and still needs a good case scrub.

400 speaker was detached and bouncing around and the lid would not close due to metal shield in wrong location.

• Like 1

As of right now, being a 70's baby, I think this is the coolest ATARI item in my collection so far and I've got a lot of ATARI. Paired up with my Philips GA-212 turntable.

BTW, what's the music in the video? It's pretty cool!

Today I bought my first classic computer, and you can almost smell the minty freshness! :D

pbgHpev.jpg

gD5X0Ot.jpg

jlY12CQ.jpg

Yo0pkKl.jpg

RAuRRLu.jpg

Now I just need a power supply for it... and a 1050 disk drive to save and load programs with... and some game cartridges... and a 48K memory upgrade so it can play the games. Geez, retro computing is really expensive! :o

Edited by Jin
  • Like 4

Today I bought my first classic computer, and you can almost smell the minty freshness! :DpbgHpev.jpggD5X0Ot.jpgjlY12CQ.jpgYo0pkKl.jpgRAuRRLu.jpg

Now I just need a power supply for it... and a 1050 disk drive to save and load programs with... and some game cartridges... and a 48K memory upgrade so it can play the games. Geez, retro computing is really expensive! :o

Congrats! I love the 400, my first computer. Missile Command, Defender and Donkey Kong are must have carts.

Congrats! I love the 400, my first computer. Missile Command, Defender and Donkey Kong are must have carts.

Thanks Tep! I know the 400 isn't nearly as powerful or versatile as the 800XL or 130XE, but I just love the aesthetics of it so I'm thrilled to get one for my first classic computer. To me the visual styling alone totally makes up for the lower horsepower, RF output, and membrane keyboard. The 400 really looks like something you'd see on the set of Alien!

I did some hunting around this afternoon and scored cartridge copies of Pac-Man and Centipede, and I'll be picking up a Donkey Kong cartridge from Best Electronics when I order a power supply for the computer from them tomorrow or the next day. My next order of business after that is going to be saving up for a working 1050 disk drive so I can start saving my own programs as I learn Atari BASIC (and play Zork once I get a 48K RAM upgrade), but I'll definitely keep an eye out for good deals on Missile Command and Defender carts in the meantime. :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 3

Alright, I took your advice and ended up purchasing Missile Command and Defender for $6 each from the same seller that sold me the Pac-Man and Centipede carts, so to start off my Atari 8-Bit gaming experiences I'll have...

Centipede

Defender

Donkey Kong

Missile Command

Pac-Man

Not a bad start I think! I would like to pick up a dozen or so other games over the summer as well (Millipede, Ms. Pac-Man, Pole Position, and Super Breakout especially) but I should probably focus my efforts on getting a 1050 disk drive and a 48K RAM upgrade for the Atari 400 first before I go too wild buying game cartridges. There is a pretty substantial number of games I'm looking forward to playing on it as funds allow though. :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 2

Alright, I took your advice and ended up purchasing Missile Command and Defender for $6 each from the same seller that sold me the Pac-Man and Centipede carts, so to start off my Atari 8-Bit gaming experiences I'll have...

Centipede

Defender

Donkey Kong

Missile Command

Pac-Man

Not a bad start I think! I would like to pick up a dozen or so other games over the summer as well (Millipede, Ms. Pac-Man, Pole Position, and Super Breakout especially) but I should probably focus my efforts on getting a 1050 disk drive and a 48K RAM upgrade for the Atari 400 first before I go too wild buying game cartridges. There is a pretty substantial number of games I'm looking forward to playing on it as funds allow though. :)

Fond memories of playing 'Agent USA' on the mates Atari 400 bitd! Nice pick-up Jin. :thumbsup:

I don't know if it's the video, or if it's just me, but that audio sounds a little slow.

Cool setup either way!

I don't know if it's the video, or if it's just me, but that audio sounds a little slow.

Cool setup either way!

Haven't thoroughly checked, but the phonograph has a fine-tune speed adjuster. It might need "tuned". I replaced the belt on it and just left it as it was.