evilevoix

had a guy come in the store today and we bought this lot from him

the wife's not very happy most is going in the personal collection

im keeping the Atari 1200xl set with 1050 and tape drive

and the bally arcade

as well as most of the intellivision games

only wish the lot had the vectrex and not just the controllers

he said he has more so hopefully the rest is just as good

he was a great guy great t to talk to said he ran a computer store back in the early 80's

post-63035-0-23640900-1523418299_thumb.jpg

post-63035-0-06443700-1523418348_thumb.jpg

post-63035-0-51377900-1523418385_thumb.jpg

post-63035-0-43390500-1523418422_thumb.jpg

post-63035-0-10956100-1523418453_thumb.jpg

post-63035-0-56439000-1523418509_thumb.jpg

post-63035-0-84272100-1523418544_thumb.jpg

post-63035-0-18791800-1523418580_thumb.jpg

post-63035-0-03284800-1523418657_thumb.jpg

post-63035-0-73913900-1523418691_thumb.jpg

Edited by discgolfer72
  • Like 3

Today I bought my first classic computer, and you can almost smell the minty freshness! :D

Now I just need a power supply for it... and a 1050 disk drive to save and load programs with... and some game cartridges... and a 48K memory upgrade so it can play the games. Geez, retro computing is really expensive! :o

Indeed on both counts!

post-63971-0-60044000-1523459902_thumb.jpg

Got a good deal on a box full of gaming crap, the main draw being this sms. It was dirty as hell and pretty banged up, but after a disassembly, thorough cleaning and a whole lotta buffing with plast-x, i now have a pretty presentable sms...

• Like 3

Last month I scored a Colecovision and 6 games with the manuals *Free*

Then this month I got a SNES and 12 games *Free*

The area I live in has a Facebook "Buy Nothing" board, I have started, once a month to post requesting any game systems or games working or not, or missing items or not. To my surprise these people were just going to toss them, and were more than welcome to the idea to give them a new home.

-Matt

post-29611-0-28048200-1524084288_thumb.jpg

post-29611-0-77865200-1524084337_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Got a pretty good haul from a few different places Tuesday this week. :)

sOFACT0.jpg

I'm especially excited to have finally gotten copies of the two Resident Evil: Chronicles games again, since I really enjoyed them a decade or so when they first came out and I've been making working on my Wii collection my biggest gaming priority this year. Heavy Fire for the 3DS was another on-rails shooter that I've been looking for a reasonably priced copy of for several years, until I finally snagged one from GameStop for $5 this week. And oh, I did break my 12 year long vow of vegetarianism to try the Super Mario Bros. cereal. It was pretty darn yummy! Basically a lightly berry flavored take on Lucky Charms. :)

• Like 3

Just won this auction:)

Very Nice! and yours works too! I have to find a rom chip for mine, it boots to a blank screen.

I picked one of those up 2 years ago in a reality company house cleanup. Was hired by a realty company my aunt works for to clean the stuff out of a house so they could sell it. (old lady moved out, told the realty company, "Do whatever with the rest of the stuff!" So my father and I were called in. I found an sx-64 in the attic, among other cool stuff.

Happy with this score of Atari eggs from a local gaming store. More-so Frankenstein's Monster, Gyruss, Bermuda & Gas Hog. I smashed Bermuda as a kid. Couldn't pass on Pitfall! socks :dunce:

attachicon.gif20180421_163545.jpg

Dang, you picked up some really rare stuff!

"Gas Hog" is an 8 on the AA rarity guide, "Glacier Patrol" is another 8 title and "Frankenstein's Monster" is a 5. ! I would say, the least rare game in that collection would be a 5 on the scale!

Just wondering, how much did you give for all those carts?

• Like 1

Dang, you picked up some really rare stuff!

"Gas Hog" is an 8 on the AA rarity guide, "Glacier Patrol" is another 8 title and "Frankenstein's Monster" is a 5. ! I would say, the least rare game in that collection would be a 5 on the scale!

Just wondering, how much did you give for all those carts?

Most are PAL, as I'm down in OZ. The rarity is a bit less with some of these PAL titles, although still floating around the 6's. http://atariboxed.com/index.php?go=database

I averaged about $8aud ($6us) a cart. Bought a few off them in the past, so they looked after me.

Edited by spriggamortis
  • Like 1

Most are PAL, as I'm down in OZ. The rarity is a bit less with some of these PAL titles, although still floating around the 6's. http://atariboxed.com/index.php?go=database

I averaged about $8aud ($6us) a cart. Bought a few off them in the past, so they looked after me.

Awesome score! I've been looking for Frankenstein's Monster for a long while myself. The local store I buy Atari games from is much the same way, always giving me good deals whenever I come in and pick out a little stack of Atari carts. The store owner is a big Atari 2600 fan so I think he's just happy to see someone else get excited about and want to buy Atari stuff. :lol:

Edited by Jin
  • Like 1

Very Nice! and yours works too! I have to find a rom chip for mine, it boots to a blank screen.

I picked one of those up 2 years ago in a reality company house cleanup. Was hired by a realty company my aunt works for to clean the stuff out of a house so they could sell it. (old lady moved out, told the realty company, "Do whatever with the rest of the stuff!" So my father and I were called in. I found an sx-64 in the attic, among other cool stuff.

Tracking says itll be here tomorrow so hopefully it survived the journey!

Awesome score! I've been looking for Frankenstein's Monster for a long while myself. The local store I buy Atari games from is much the same way, always giving me good deals whenever I come in and pick out a little stack of Atari carts. The store owner is a big Atari 2600 fan so I think he's just happy to see someone else get excited about and want to buy Atari stuff. :lol:

Pretty similar situation for me with this store :) Aussie ebay 2600 cart prices are just stoopid, so finding good prices in the local wild is getting harder ... as humans just love to jump on the bandwagon! :roll: