IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

If everything is in good working order this will be all my hardware spending for this year. I don't want to overshoot like the last time.

Now I need a second Chroma + Luma + Composite Video cable for the C64.

I already have a Final Cart III which includes an assembler/monitor, though I would prefer a full fledge editor/assembler, maybe disk based kind of the likes of Mac/65 or Macro Assembler on the Atari. Any suggestion?

Edited by AMenard

In my ongoing search for good deals on good Wii games, today I decided to check a local pawn shop that I had never been to before. It was in a pretty seedy part of town but turned out to be a real gold mine, with all Wii games priced at $3 regardless of secondary market value. I think I made out pretty well with the 7 complete in box games I picked up. Sometimes you have to go out on a limb, because that's where the fruit is. :)

MRnCexf.jpg

Edited by Jin
  • Like 5

Took advantage of Gamestop's Pro Day sale on Saturday. Was able to get the following for 20% off:

DS - Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - $1.61

DS - Quantum of Solace - $1.61

3DS - Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate - $16.19

PS3 - Batman Arkham Asylum Gae of the Year Edition - $6.47

PS3 - Mirrors Edge $8.09

post-7900-0-02854000-1526840423.jpg

• Like 1

Bought durin the weekend.

- One Apple IIe with duodisk drive for cheap. Untested except power on which mean it's probably not working but I love a challenge.

- Another Apple IIe with two floppy drive and a green monitor (Apple flip screen one), but this one seems to have a soundcard and a few other goodies inside, plus many disk and manuals. Cost twice as much as the first one but it's in good working condition.

I also bought a couple of things from retroactive:

- an enhance chipset (roms + cpu), since I don't know if either has them and it's needed by my second item

- A CF card interface for the enhance IIe with dual CF adapter and 512meg CF card pre-configured.

• Like 1

JXwqTxN.jpg

961x38J.jpg

Now I just have to wait a few weeks for it to arrive in the mail from Great Britain, which is alright since it gives me some time to track down a few games to play on it. I'm thinking Psycho Fox and the Hang-On & Astro Warrior combo cart for my first Master System games. :)

Astro Warrior is some good fun. Pretty cheap too

• Like 1

How did I not know that was a thing?

Well, the Master System Converter II was only released in Europe so that's a pretty valid reason to not be aware of it's existence. It does work just fine on North American Genesis systems though, with both NTSC and PAL carts. No region locking here. :)

After already getting the Sega CD and 32X and now this I think I'm finally done buying Genesis add-ons, unless you count the Master System Light Phaser and Genesis Justifier light guns that I still want to track down. And probably a model 3 Master System control pad (the one with the cord coming out of the top and no thumbstick hole), just to try it out and see what it was like for Master System owners back in the day before Genesis controllers came along.

Tandy Cobra Super Copter & Coleco Pacman. Already cleaned up the Super Cobra and it works like a charm too. The Pacman on the other hand needs some cosmetic & electronic work before it's pretty again. All the stickers are still good, there is a crack and peice missing on the hood which I will replace. The battery door is good and there isn't any corosion in the battery compartment. It does need the contacts replaced on player 1's joystick though. I think I might repaint the top in yellow after I fix the cosmetic issues.

post-7107-0-42475500-1527991906.jpg

post-7107-0-66415800-1527992019.jpg

• Like 1

Well, the Master System Converter II was only released in Europe so that's a pretty valid reason to not be aware of it's existence. It does work just fine on North American Genesis systems though, with both NTSC and PAL carts. No region locking here. :)

After already getting the Sega CD and 32X and now this I think I'm finally done buying Genesis add-ons, unless you count the Master System Light Phaser and Genesis Justifier light guns that I still want to track down. And probably a model 3 Master System control pad (the one with the cord coming out of the top and no thumbstick hole), just to try it out and see what it was like for Master System owners back in the day before Genesis controllers came along.

Does that one give you FM sound for the Master system games that support it?