IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

I got the following a week ago from my trip to Stone Age Gamer. Their physical store is 1 hr away from me which is close enough to go, but far enough away not to go frequently which is a good thing.

Imports:

Final Fantasy 5

Treasure Hunter G

Dragon Quest 5

After dumping the rom with a retrode, I applied translation patches to all three and will just play them off an everdrive. I will probably check out Treasure Hunter G first.

More imports:

Dragon Quest 3

Dragon Quest 4

I know... US versions exist, but at $5 each, I will just do as above.

Knights of the Old Republic 2

Everdrive N8

• Like 1

Does that one give you FM sound for the Master system games that support it?

Nope, the Master System Converter II is just a Power Base Converter without the card slot and redesigned to fit the Genesis / Mega Drive model 2. Personally I don't really care about FM sound since that's not something anyone in the US or Europe ever got back in the day, but if you do want to get the Japanese FM soundtracks out of the Master System games that support it then Stone Age Gamer does make a PowerBase Mini FM converter that will let you do just that: https://stoneagegamer.com/powerbase-mini-fm.html

I only went with the Master System Converter II because I love the aesthetics of my Genesis model 2 / Sega CD model 2 setup and wanted a Master System converter that would match it and look nice style wise. If aesthetics aren't a big deal to you though then the PowerBase Mini FM will give you more functionality for a heck of a lot less money than a Master System Converter II will set you back.

• Like 1

The Atari stork dropped a few more bundles of joy at the front door that I was missing. Stoked as usual, especially for Flash Gordon and Solar Fox . Flash doesn't get enough love imo. :thumbsup: Puts me at 76/100 for AA top 100 VCS eggs ... and a couple off 200 all up.

post-52250-0-09535900-1528126147.jpg

• Like 1

Received my ReactiveMicro Drive Turbo dual CF card interface and my Enhanced chipset for the IIe.

I should receive my Untested Apple IIe tommorrow... Do I feel lucky?

In any case i bought it as a resto project starting with a full recap of the board and PSU and brand new regulators. I'll install the enhance chipset if everything else is ok. I'll do something simmilar to the duodisk, change caps and lubricate.

I have another Apple IIe on the way so I may have a spare or one to trade for other tidbit and curios, The mono monitor i'll keep as they're better to code on.

I also plan to start recaping my 1702 to remove that 60hz buzz. The screen is clear and crisp for it's age but the noise is unbarable.

Goog thing I invested in a desoldering gun and reflow station.

In other news, my C128 came on monday. Haven't open it yet. I'm waiting for a ntsc to pal conversion kit. I'm also waiting for Basic 8 roms to get here.qqq

Bought some TMS4164-20NL ram chip.

Also bought a couple of SN74166N to try and fix my "untested, power on" Apple IIe.

Received the following purchases today:

C128 Basic 8 rom and floppy disk

512k Ram expansion for my 130XE

2x 2600 style joysticks, for use with my 130XE and C128

50x DS-2HD floppy that I bought by mistake having missread the type. Oh, well they were about $4 a box so no biggy...

25x 1cm squared aluminium heatsink. Will be used to keep my favorite machine's chips cool.

• Like 1

Here's a pic of my Edladdin Custom Super Arcade Plus controller for ColecoVision!

The design mimics this controller I had as a kid (The idea of 2 buttons per side, joystick in the middle and ambidextrous layout...Not the keypad, which my childhood joystick did Not have). Also the joystick I had as a kid was leaf switches, which suck when you compare them to the microswitches of today...

This controller can control a ColecoVision, Coleco Flashback, Atari 2600, and Atari 7800, and also acts as a pass-through to control any of those using an Atari Joystick, Coleco Joystick, Coleco Flashback Joystick, or Sega Genesis pad.

elejyc.jpg

• Like 3

Last Friday, well June 1st (I'm always running late haha),

I bought some stuff at a garage sale...

$28 for Everything! Including records, the 7 inch is a Midnight Oil single, A PS1 game (Croc), a PS2 game (LEGO Star Wars), a SNES game (Batman Forever), 2 memory cards for PS, 6 Game Boy games (Bill & Ted, Kirby's Dream Land, Spot, Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle, Tiny Toon Adventures: Bab's Big Break, and TMNT: Fall of the Foot Clan), an Alfred Hitchcock collection DVD, and a pretty good shape SEGA Genesis 6 Button controller!

I was thinking I might already own that PS1 game Croc, because it looks so familiar...The SNES game and some GB games are certainly duplicates too, but it was a great price!

2rx6vsl.jpg

I'd never met him before, but the guy was an artist and musician and had played in local bands with some guys I knew (mostly from working at a music store and from going out) and was very interested in local/regional bands so I came back by his house and dropped off a MONASTAT 2600 CD along with promotional flyers and a Poster... (Probably not his musical taste, but he liked the packaging :)

2j2dklv.jpg

• Like 1

g3D5BnSl.jpg

My wife needed to go clothes shopping, and Gamestop strategically has a store right next to all of the stores she goes to, so yeah... :lol:

They had a 4 for $20 sale going on for all games under $10, so I snagged these. In surprising fashion, all games were complete (well, at least the 3DS/360 ones were, the others don't usually have inserts)! I think Mad Max was an ex-Redbox game that someone traded in, but whatever. Project X Zone looks really fun, and usually goes for $15 by itself, so I'm calling this a win.

My haul from this year's Seattle Retro Con:

IMG 0064

:grin:

While I'm quite happy with everything I got today, I'm especially pleased with that Supercharger set- I got the unit and the game I wanted most for it! And it was the first thing I found!

EDIT: I have successfully loaded both of my games (thank goodness I kept my childhood Walkman in a box for 20 years until today!) The unit is terribly finicky and glitches anytime you touch it while running, but I won't be doing much of that :-D Having said that- how the HELL do you play Phaser Patrol!? I couldn't do anything after I got it loaded, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong!

Edited by HoshiChiri
  • Like 1