IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

Last week, I saw that Gamestop's website was having a sale on those Pixel Pal lights, which I think are pretty damn cool. I already have Link, so I snagged a few more for the Retro Room (Ken from SFII, SMB3 Mario, and Mega Man). While I was on the site, I decided to check out their "retro" selection, and was surprised that not only were the prices better than what I see locally, but they also had a coupon code for 16% off. I ordered up F-Zero on the SNES, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour on the GC, and Altered Beast on the Genesis to fill some holes in the collection.

u4ibwEyl.jpg

I've heard that it's a crapshoot ordering old games from them, but it was under $30 total for everything including the Pixel Pals, so I went for it. F-Zero is an original release (not the Player's Choice one), Mario Golf is resurfaced and has a crack repair on the center of the disc (this may go back), but the real surprise is that Altered Beast. It doesn't have instructions, but as you can see, it does have the box! Around here, a boxed, no instructions copy goes for $15-20, and this one was $4. Score!

• Like 3

Just picked all this up yesterday for $200 canadian.

-A nice Sunnyvale heavy sixer, 2 joysticks, One of them is a cx10 the other a cx40.

- 4 original atari paddle controllers.

- 8 games, including 4 of the 9 original gatefolds. The cartidges look like they haven't been handled at all.

The guy also threw in the nice little wood stand.

Pretty happy with this haul. It's my first heavy sixer. They don't come up for sale often in Canada. At least from what I have found.

post-64804-0-19267900-1529535971_thumb.jpg

post-64804-0-45816100-1529535989_thumb.jpg

post-64804-0-05125800-1529536009_thumb.jpg

post-64804-0-03597800-1529536030_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Before I get to today's purchase I feel like I should take a minute to talk about a kind of uncomfortable subject, because it's relevant to why I've been buying up so many Game Boy and Game Boy Color games lately. It was around this time last summer that I went through a serious bout of depression, and during that time I stupidly sold off almost my entire Game Boy & Game Boy Color collection because I just stopped caring about anything; video games included. It had taken me most of my adult life to build up that collection, and it wasn't until the depression lifted earlier this year that I realized what a terrible decision I had made. I had sold collections in the past when I was feeling down and it never really bothered me, so I didn't think my Game Boy / Color collection would have been any different... but I was wrong. The Game Boy and Game Boy Color were my systems of choice growing up, and... well, they meant more to me than I knew.

So, it's now become my one and only collecting goal to get back all the Game Boy & Game Boy Color games and hardware I owned in the past, which was 123 games plus a Game Boy Camera, Printer, new in box Game Genie, and an olive green backlit original Game Boy. Fortunately I never collected CIB games, just loose cartridge copies with mint condition labels, but it's still going to take me years to get them all back. As of today's purchase I've recovered 27 of them and a friend who bought some of my more pricey Game Boy Color games (Resident Evil: Gaiden, Project S-11, etc.) offered to sell them back to me at the same price he bought them for when he found out I was rebuilding, so I'll be getting those back from him in July when I next get paid.

I figure it'll take about 2 and a half years to rebuild if I get back 3 or 4 games a month, so that's my collecting goal for the foreseeable future. It'll take a long time, but I'll sure be happy when it's done and I feel like I've learned a pretty valuable lesson about what's important to me from all of this. Sometimes in life we make mistakes and bad decisions that can't be fixed, but fortunately this is one that with enough time and patience can be fixed.

Now that I've got all that business off my chest, on to today's reacquisition!

uX1Ptlu.jpg

As a kid this was my #1 favorite Game Boy game, and the game that started off lifelong love of horror video games. Would you believe that there was actually a survival horror game on the Game Boy, years before Resident Evil came along and coined a term for the genre? Even crazier still, would you believe that it was made by LJN but was actually a really good game? You better believe it, because it's Alien 3 for the Game Boy! :D This version of Alien 3 is completely different from every other version of Alien 3 on the SNES, Genesis, Master System, etc. in that it ditches the side scrolling action platforming style of the other games and is instead a top-down perspective game with all the hallmarks of a survival horror game. Claustrophobic environments with keys to find and puzzles to solve, limited health and ammunition, deadly traps that will be your end if you don't solve puzzles correctly, and of course some seriously threatening enemies that will have you running away more often than standing and fighting if you want to stay alive.

It's a game that makes you feel just as vulnerable as any of the great survival horror titles, and one that I'd highly recommend to any fan of the genre. If you love horror games and you own a Game Boy compatible system then you can't go wrong with Alien 3. Just be sure to either find a copy that comes with the manual or download a PDF version of the manual online, because you will need it. :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 4

s-l1600.jpg

I'm the proud new owner of this Sharp Twin Famicom console! :love: Came with 5 games and works really good. Wasn't cheap to say the least lol. Can't

wait til my carts and disk library for it grows. Excellent system.

More pics of my latest gaming setup coming soon. I also finally got a game for my Sega CD console and that's Time Gal.

Edited by lushgirl_80
  • Like 1

s-l1600.jpg

I'm the proud new owner of this Sharp Twin Famicom console! :love: Came with 5 games and works really good. Wasn't cheap to say the least lol. Can't

wait til my carts and disk library for it grows. Excellent system.

More pics of my latest gaming setup coming soon. I also finally got a game for my Sega CD console and that's Time Gal.

Awesome. I just got one myself recently. Refurbished? Edited by 4300
  • Like 1

I know not everyone is a fan of reproduction games, but since these were of unreleased games (and they were on sale) I picked up these from a vendor on Etsy.com:

Sega Dreamcast Geistforce - comes with a case, case artwork and printed label on CD - $9.99

Atari Jaguar Barkley: Shut Up and Jam - labeled cartridge with UGC - $29.99

Atari Jaguar CD Brett Hull Hockey - comes with a case, case artwork and printed label on CD - $9.99

• Like 1

I'm feeling very happy about today's Game Boy / Color collection reacquisitions, especially considering that they're all my original copies that a fellow AtariAger graciously offered to sell back to me when he found out I was rebuilding my collection. With Resident Evil: Gaiden back that just leaves Castlevania Legends, Kid Dracula, and Mega Man IV as the only big $$ Game Boy / Color games that I still need to rebuy. :)

vwqPDuQ.jpg

Edited by Jin
  • Like 3

Woo Hoo :-D Obtained, probably, my personal 2600 Holy Grail. Asterix. Had it bitd when it was 1st released. Loved it then .. love it now. Gr8 old memories having sessions on this baby.

The prices of these on fleebay are stupid imo, hence have been waiting and lurking. Scored a nice one at a good price from Italy. Game on! :thumbsup:

post-52250-0-57606800-1530427256.jpg

• Like 2

Just a mix of modern and retro stuff really.

I had a few packages I hadn't opened but just did so in the last few days.

I tend to not open anything when I'm busy with work. Save it for the down time :thumbsup:

I usually don't spend this much all at once but its stuff I've been wanting for awhile,grabbed on sale, or have been really anticipating.

The gaming cups I sorta freaked out with after the Ebay seller pulled all his listings.

Contacted him about buying these and he agreed to add them again so I grabbed 3 right away incase he was going to delist them again.

Ok so broke now. Guess I'll be eating Ramon noodles until payday. heh

post-42864-0-64285000-1530438886_thumb.jpg

post-42864-0-83671500-1530438898_thumb.jpg

post-42864-0-87977300-1530438912_thumb.jpg

post-42864-0-79727800-1530438923_thumb.jpg

post-42864-0-74178400-1530438939_thumb.jpg

• Like 3