IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

Wife wanted to go to Hobby Lobby, and as much as I loathe that place, they do have cool signs sometimes.

64TmALul.jpg

Snagged some framed marquee-style "home decor" half off because they were on sale this week. :D

I swore I'd never step foot in that place, but those are cool. How big are they? Are they backlit?

post-27108-0-05072400-1530914540_thumb.jpg

Biggest Commodore pickup I've had about 1 week ago. One of the 1541s does not work. I'm going to, hopefully, fix the bad drive and keep one for the collection. I've sold the C64 and the CP/M cart already (broke even already). Keeping everything else!

Now, on a related note, does anyone have a good solution for storing 5.25" floppies? I'm running out of storage space/containers for them.

-Allen

• Like 6

A few pickups from around here this week. First the misses snagged copies of Rayman and Rayman 2: The Great Escape for her PlayStation collection.

sV1EI1R.jpg

Then I got something I've been trying to find for about 2 years now, and best of all it was free! My favorite local game store often hooks me up with freebies just because of how much stuff I've bought from them over the years, and today's was by far the coolest freebie they've ever given me: A Konami Justifier light gun for the Sega Genesis! :o Every time I had gone into the store for the past couple years I always asked if they had gotten in any blue Justifier light guns for the Genesis, since I've been really wanting to play Lethal Enforcers on the Sega CD for a long while and though I do own a copy of the game I didn't have a light gun to play it with. When I asked about the light gun today the store owner just reached under the counter, pulled out the Justifier, then handed it to me and said "It's yours, no charge." The gun was in pretty ugly looking shape when I got it, covered with what appeared to be some sticky soda that was spilled all over it 20 years ago and never cleaned off, and for that reason the store owner never got around to cleaning it and testing it so they didn't know whether or not it worked. When I got it home I spent a good 45 minutes or so scrubbing down every nook and cranny of the gun with rubbing alcohol on some paper towels and q-tips until it was spotlessly clean, then tested it out and sure enough it still works perfectly!

I'm beyond thrilled to finally get to play Lethal Enforcers on the Sega CD properly, and I also picked up a couple neat games while I was in the store since they so kindly hooked me up with the Justifier light gun for free. :)

Ltb80Lb.jpg

• Like 4

Dragonfire :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dragonfire is awesome for sure, it was a game that I played a lot before I liquidated my old Atari collection a while back. I can't think of any other games that let you play as a human drug addict who breaks into innocent dragons' homes to steal their valuables, which he then pawns to buy methamphetamines between levels. They may not talk about all that in the instruction manual but there's not really that many ways to explain how much faster your character starts moving after each successful burglary.

Edited by Jin
  • Like 2

Dragonfire is awesome for sure, it was a game that I played a lot before I liquidated my old Atari collection a while back. I can't think of any other games that let you play as a human drug addict who breaks into innocent dragons' homes to steal their valuables, which he then pawns to buy methamphetamines between levels. They may not talk about all that in the instruction manual but there's not really that many ways to explain how much faster your character starts moving after each successful burglary.

Touche! :)

• Like 1

I swore I'd never step foot in that place, but those are cool. How big are they? Are they backlit?

Size-wise, they are a little taller than a real marquee, but not quite as wide. Maybe 24"? They are not backlit. I was thinking of adding a LED in each one to light them up. They were $12.50 each on sale.

Got myself a 520 STFm from Greece of all places I could find one. :-D

Since it's an european model I ordered a PicoPSU and a 12v PSU to do the conversion.

I then went to Amedia and got myself a few things:

• an Atari RGB to Scart cable
  • UltraSatan
  • ACSI to DB19 adapter cable for the UltraSatan

Now I need to find either a mouse or an USB/PS2 mouse interface for it and an external floppy drive (more for collecting than using).

I intend to extend it to one meg ram if I can source the chips cheaply. Would have prefered getting a 1040 but sometime you have to make do with what's available (and what you can spend!). Now the 16/32 bits part of what I use to own is quasi complete.

• Like 1

That has gotta be tied with the ThrustMaster for the best computer peripheral name ever. :lol:

Pure evil, I say. There will be hell to pay.

Joke aside it's quite a nice device.

And since I've got a few extra Amiga compatible mouses laying around, I'll just modify one to use with the Atari. All that is needed is a simple swap of pin 1 with pin 4.

My wife's birthday is coming up in a couple weeks and her favorite games to both play and collect are horror themed games on the original PlayStation, but she already had all four Resident Evil games, both Dino Crisis games, Silent Hill, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and the other well known and more common horror games; so this year I had to save up a little more and search a little longer for the right gifts.

5FfQV2P.jpg

The two on the bottom weren't too bad price wise, but the two on the top... well, I think my wallet is going to be convulsing on the floor for a while. :lol:

• Like 5

Bought a replacement PSU for the Atari ST I just bought since it's an euro 220v and I'm in Canada. It's a modern drop in copy of the original.

Also bought an RGB -> VGA cable to be able to use the hires monochrome resolution beside the mid and low res that I'll get from the SCART cable.

Picked these up on Saturday from Gamestop. As a Powerup Rewards member I get 10% off used games so the prices shown reflect the discount. The first two Uncharteds just had the generic cases. When the store employee was getting the games, he gave me the cases that had the original art and manuals.

PS3 Uncharted Drake's Fortune (complete) - $0.89

PS3 Uncharted 2 Among Thieves (complete) - $0.89

PS3 Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception (no manual) - $0.89

PS3 Turning Point Fall of Liberty (complete) - $2.69

PS3 MotorStorm (complete but the manual is in French) - $2.69

PS Vita - MLB 12 the Show (cartridge only) -$0.89.

post-7900-0-02073900-1531677679.jpgpost-7900-0-81336000-1531677690.jpg

Not bad for less than $10.

• Like 2

My wife's birthday is coming up in a couple weeks and her favorite games to both play and collect are horror themed games on the original PlayStation, but she already had all four Resident Evil games, both Dino Crisis games, Silent Hill, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and the other well known and more common horror games; so this year I had to save up a little more and search a little longer for the right gifts.

5FfQV2P.jpg

The two on the bottom weren't too bad price wise, but the two on the top... well, I think my wallet is going to be convulsing on the floor for a while. :lol:

Man I wish I’d known you was looking for Clock Tower I sold one not too long ago for fairly cheap. I had found it at goodwill for $3

Man I wish Id known you was looking for Clock Tower I sold one not too long ago for fairly cheap. I had found it at goodwill for $3

Aw man. I didn't even think to ask around here to see if anyone was selling nice condition CIB copies of Clock Tower or Castlevania Chronicles since they're such rare games. I ended up paying $85 for Clock Tower and $95 for Castlevania Chronicles, which seems to be the standard going rates for them at the moment.

Edited by Jin

Aw man. I didn't even think to ask around here to see if anyone was selling nice condition CIB copies of Clock Tower or Castlevania Chronicles since they're such rare games. I ended up paying $85 for Clock Tower and $95 for Castlevania Chronicles, which seems to be the standard going rates for them at the moment.

Yeah $80+ seems to be the rate

I sold mine for $35 just cuz I got it so cheap figured Id not be too greedy lol

It ended up paying for the other games I got that day :)

post-39068-0-91573100-1531878875_thumb.jpeg

I bought one of these today...

s-l1600.jpg

Now I have no idea if it shipped yet, but the Tempest cartridge I purchased will no longer necessary. icon_tears.gif

Why wouldn't your Tempest cart still be necessary? Far as I know the final rom of the completed game hasn't been released only the demo or prototype rom?

To get back on topic, I did receive the OSSC bundle from DeFunkenstein on Monday. It is quite awesome but I haven't figured out how I'm going to actually wire it all into my AV setup yet. I'm outta power outlets at this point LOL.