IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

I bought Qix for the C64/128 (both version on a flip disk). It WAS still sealed, but I don't collect games for them to just take shelf space. Beside the shrink wrap was starting to crush the box as it sometimes do. I'll have to press the box back into shape.

• Like 1

Uh I want that Game & Watch book, nice

http://www.gameandwatch.at/en/ Is the one I just got.. According to the site they're down to their remaining stock. Little pricey though.

The other one I got a long time ago is this http://www.pixnlovepublishing.com/The-History-Of-Nintendo-Vol.2.html But now I've heard people have ordered from them and haven't received their orders. I dunno, mine showed up fine.

Edited by NE146

They would have to pay ME, to take a Trashback 8 Gold. Cheap, plastic, toy.

Last time I checked, my 2600 was made of plastic, and it was actually pretty cheap. :) I like that the new flashback has a good selection of games with save states, pause, rewind and supports HDMI. It will be fun to have hooked up to my HD set in the family room, while my original 2600, 7800, Intellivision and various computers are hooked to the CRT's in my game room.

• Like 1

Last time I checked, my 2600 was made of plastic

That has also lasted 40 years, and still going strong. Do you think a flashback will last for 40 years ?

Sorry, I love the original too much to care about a cheap imitation that doesn't even look and sound 100% to the original. Not aimed at you, though. I'm happy, you're happy :)

I just prefer the original hardware, and see no gain in going HDMI to a massive LED TV. On a 60" LED TV, the 2600's pixels would be the size of Mug Coasters. ;)

I understand your preference for the original. I plan on keeping my originals as long as I can keep them running. :) I should add that at least half of my consoles and computers have required repairs to keep them going, so I'm not convinced of your durability argument. These flashback designs are solid and simple enough that there isn't a whole lot that can go wrong with them. The controllers have and always will be the weakest link in the durability chain. :)

• Like 1

Why wouldn't your Tempest cart still be necessary? Far as I know the final rom of the completed game hasn't been released only the demo or prototype rom?

Thanks, that is good to know, I'll compare them when it arrives. I ordered the Atarimax on the 17th and it arrived today, which was super fast. I ordered the Tempest cartridge on the 13th and it's not here yet. Hopefully soon.

Bought a few games for the Amiga and Atari ST:

Amiga:

Chessmaster 2100

F29 retaliator

Loopz

Blasteroids

Escape from the planet of the robot monsters

Sensible Golf

Atari ST:

New Zealand Story

All boxed complete.

And "the piece of resistance":

An Atari 1040STE with 4mb ram.

... and more eggs for the Atari nest, that I don't have. Happy to get Seahawk to complete the only 3 John Sands Electronics games. I'm usually a cart only collector, but always nice to get a few cheap clean CIB for display.

post-52250-0-03312500-1532675024.jpg

• Like 3

I've come to call it 'nicotine yellow'. Looking forward to seeing it after you work on that :)

But you do know most times the color change has nothing to do with nicotine and all to due with the chemicals used to make the plastics fire retardant right?

• Like 1