IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

But you do know most times the color change has nothing to do with nicotine and all to due with the chemicals used to make the plastics fire retardant right?

Oh, I know- but considering I typically only see a similar color on the fingers/teeth of smokers, the name's migrated. (Even though the teeth/finger thing still isn't from nicotine. After all, 'tar yellow' sounds stupid- tar is black!)

Today was a little rough on the wallet, but I finally have all the consoles I've wanted for my retro gaming center now; including the perfect mint condition High Definition Graphics VA6 Model 1 Sega Genesis that I've been trying to find for quite some time. The NES is in excellent condition as well with no chips, cracks, major scratches, or yellowing. :)

qzN7RnH.jpg

The gaming center is a little dusty at the moment, but I had to snap a picture of it anyway since I'm so happy to finally have every gaming console that ever mattered to me back again. From left to right and in order of release: Atari 2600, NES, Sega Genesis, Sony PlayStation, Nintendo GameCube with Game Boy Player, and finally the Nintendo Wii. :)

QgGVsJj.jpg

Edited by Jin
  • Like 3

QuXHEkO.jpg

I know a lot of people aren't fans, but Zelda II holds a special place in my heart because it's the very first NES game (and the first Legend of Zelda game) I ever played. The first time I played it I was 7 or 8 years old, in the hospital after having my tonsils taken out. I was feeling pretty miserable so the nurse wheeled in a TV cart with an NES and a bin full of cartridges and said I could play any game I wanted. I didn't know anything about NES games at the time but when I saw one with a shiny gold colored cartridge and this awesome looking jewel encrusted sword on the front I knew that was the one I wanted to play. I played Zelda II all day for 2 days until I got out of the hospital and it made what would have been an otherwise awful experience into a fond childhood memory, so I've always wanted to get my own copy of Zelda II ever since then.

On a related note, even though I never had a NES as a kid I did have a Game Boy so on the way home from the hospital my parents stopped at Toys R Us and bought me a copy of The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening for the Game Boy; probably because I couldn't stop babbling about how amazing Zelda was while I was in the hospital. :lol: That quickly became my favorite Game Boy game and to this day it's still my all-time favorite video game on any system.

Edited by Jin
  • Like 3

I bought the following:

* One NES console with Zelda I and II, legacy of the wizard

* One SNES console with Eye of the Beholder, Zelda Link to the Past

* ghoul'n ghost for Sega Genesis

* 20 NES cart dust covers

* 60 to 72 pin adapter for NES

* svideo mod kit from Console5 for my model 1.

I bought the console from JJGames instead of ebay for a change.

Now I've got to dust off my crt tv...

Got a fat PS2 (tested/working) on ebay with all the trimings for $25 on ebay.

Also come with an 8mb card and the "yourself" personal training "game"...

Shipping cost more than the console...

While I'm sure you picked a good seller... if that memory card has any undeletable corrupt data on it- let me know. I'm looking for one of those :P

Edited by HoshiChiri

??? What would that mean? Softmod, hack or something more nefarious?

Oh no, nothing like that- at worst it would mean the previous owner played a lot of Jak X Combat Racing, or had a young relative who didn't know not to take out cards while being saved.

Back in 2005, Sony put out a demo disc with a glitch that would reformat the memory cards plugged into the PS2 while it was being played. I remember back when it happened, some people online wondered if you could fix corrupt data on a memory card with the glitch. I got the demo last year, but I've yet to find a corrupted card to test the theory with!

Oh no, nothing like that- at worst it would mean the previous owner played a lot of Jak X Combat Racing, or had a young relative who didn't know not to take out cards while being saved.

Back in 2005, Sony put out a demo disc with a glitch that would reformat the memory cards plugged into the PS2 while it was being played. I remember back when it happened, some people online wondered if you could fix corrupt data on a memory card with the glitch. I got the demo last year, but I've yet to find a corrupted card to test the theory with!

Ah OK! I'll let you know if the card as some of those files.

QuXHEkO.jpg

I know a lot of people aren't fans, but Zelda II holds a special place in my heart because it's the very first NES game (and the first Legend of Zelda game) I ever played. The first time I played it I was 7 or 8 years old, in the hospital after having my tonsils taken out. I was feeling pretty miserable so the nurse wheeled in a TV cart with an NES and a bin full of cartridges and said I could play any game I wanted. I didn't know anything about NES games at the time but when I saw one with a shiny gold colored cartridge and this awesome looking jewel encrusted sword on the front I knew that was the one I wanted to play. I played Zelda II all day for 2 days until I got out of the hospital and it made what would have been an otherwise awful experience into a fond childhood memory, so I've always wanted to get my own copy of Zelda II ever since then.

On a related note, even though I never had a NES as a kid I did have a Game Boy so on the way home from the hospital my parents stopped at Toys R Us and bought me a copy of The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening for the Game Boy; probably because I couldn't stop babbling about how amazing Zelda was while I was in the hospital. :lol: That quickly became my favorite Game Boy game and to this day it's still my all-time favorite video game on any system.

Glad to see I'm not the only one with fond memories of this game. I also played/had Zelda II before the first one! Right around age 6 (in 1988), I remember seeing a shiny gold cartridge at my older cousins' house, and wanted to know more about it. They told me that it was special and I couldn't play it, and it was called The Legend of Zelda. They let me watch, but I couldn't play it. Man, I wanted this one BAD.

A few weeks later, I convinced my parents to let me buy another NES game to add to my fledgling collection. I went straight to the glass case at Child World and saw a gold box with the gold cart peeking through. Jackpot!

Yeah, it was Zelda II. :lol: It didn't matter; I loved that game and still do. With the help of a borrowed Nintendo Power, it was also the first Zelda game I ever finished. My original copy doesn't want to play anymore these days (corrosion on the connectors), but I have a million other ways to play it now.

• Like 1

You sure it's not from the famicom smoking?

I'd already have it out sitting in the sun in a pan of peroxide if it weren't for Nintendo's stupid security screws.

Heat the end of an empty BIC pen and shape it to the screw. The makeshift driver won't last long but it will work a couple times to get them out at least. That or spend the 5 bucks to buy the security bit. Games are 3.8 mm and consoles are 4.5 mm if I recall correctly.