IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

Well, I'm surprised we don't see more people jumping into this thread with their PRGE pickups? Attached is what I picked up over this weekend at PRGE. I spent more than I planned, but was glad to find some of the stuff I did!

First up is the required shot of what I picked up from the large and quite impressive setup that AtariAge had at PRGE. I've seen their setups before but not to this scale! They really occupied a section of the exhibit hall more than booth space truth be told.

AA had all of the 5200 repro / custom carts at $25 each for the show so I made sure to pick up two of them I'd been looking to get made up. Mappy is a freaking artful masterpiece in action and I was very surprised and glad to see they still had some boxed Zippy's available.

post-6-0-63057100-1540329539_thumb.jpg

Picked up these sweet laser etched glasses from Ground Kontrol's booth on Friday night and was happy to see quite a few very decent intellivision deals on games such as the two I picked up here.

post-6-0-90523700-1540329689_thumb.jpg

I also picked up a few other loose carts I'd been looking for and was glad to see that LRG had these two PS4 titles available! I also picked up a copy of Spy vs Spy for the Master System from a vendor in the arcade area Friday night as well though I forgot to include that in the pic.

post-6-0-34289000-1540329789_thumb.jpg

By far the largest shock I had when attending PRGE was how much TG-16 and PC-Engine stuff I saw?! While not included in this pic I also picked up an in box PC Engine Avenue Pad 6 and had been wanting to get one of those for a while.

post-6-0-25219700-1540330051_thumb.jpg

Amazing to see all the setups, items for sale, and retro + modern gaming goodness completely surrounding everyone in that convention center this weekend!

• Like 6

Last week I grabbed...

1. SNES - great shape, 5 min with magic eraser and it looks brand new (shocked on how good it looks).

2/ Panasonic 3DO - with a bad Disc drive, I so happened to have a old mac that I was dumping with a CR-503K drive in it, direct swap works perfect now.

3. Sega Saturn - Untested device only with a game (just the disc), grabbed it for cheap, I had a controller...worked perfect...

A bunch of systems were at my parents house in a box, My Mom didn't touch them but, they are gone. I am trying to replace my collection... Still a few to go... Sega CD system and NeoGeo but, it will get there..

• Like 1

post-29698-0-41144300-1540602904_thumb.jpg

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition - Xbox 360 $5 new from Walmart

Star Wars The Force Unleashed - Xbox 360 $1.88 used from Goodwill

Wolfenstein (2009) - PC $5 new from Walmart on clearance

Brut@l - PC $1 new from Walmart on clearance

I know that Wolfenstein 2009 is not considered that good of a game but I like shooters and I used to have it on Xbox 360 so for $5 why not?

Brut@l for PC is perhaps the cheapest game I ever bought brand new at $1 I couldn't not buy it.

post-29698-0-46655500-1540685092_thumb.jpg

Zoda's Revenge from my local game store. I've read that it was the last 1st party game released on the NES in 1994.

I got the Power Joy from Goodwill for $3.88.

Don't care much for the hardware (still an interesting part of my collection) but I will be using the Famicom cart it came with with my top loader.

Has some obscure Famicom games and a few not so obscure. My favorite game on it is the original Twinbee.

• Like 2

That's the one that prints stickers, right?

Yes it sure is. All the games seem to be about creating an avatar, dressing it up and then printing out screen shots as stickers. I unfortunately don't have any stickers for this and have no desire to search for them.

Wow the face button layout on that controller is so bad...

Yeah I know, and pretty much all the games for the system only use one or two of the buttons. Maybe they had plans for more elaborate games that would take advantage of the horrible four button layout? Maybe not?

EDIT: Added reply.

attachicon.gif20181010_174452_HDR.jpg
Not gaming related, but cool nonetheless.

I work at Wally World so when I saw the retro Transformers boxes hit the shelves I had to get them. They're on layaway now but I got the Devastator as well as Starscream and Hot Rod. I thought the "Megatron" included with Starscream was a nice touch. Still looking for the mini vehicles in the article. I hope they release more!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been reading this thread since inception but I never really had anything to post since I don't buy much gaming stuff anymore. Yesterday I hit a nice score that replaces a piece I use for my gaming collection. :-D

My daughter's dog broke their tv. He's a moose and a clumsy one. I gave them the LCD tv I had that I use for games and have really been missing it since. Nothing major - a 24" 720p LCD.

I'm on vacation this week and my wife wanted to hit the thrifts yesterday. Found a nice 19" LCD 720p television for $12. Works beautifully and no sales tax up here. :-D I took the picture with the receipt because I sent my daughter a text with the pic and told her she could keep my tv if she paid me for the new one. She readily agreed so - overall - free tv!

post-21025-0-13540200-1540902903_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ClassicGMR
  • Like 1

Oh wow, that is a beautiful 820 printer! Does it shake the table and make shrill noises loud enough to wake the neighbors when it starts printing? I've always imagined an 820 would :D

It is somewhat loud, I’ll record it printing sometime this week and post a video in this thread.

• Like 2

attachicon.gif20181031_180151.jpg

Bought one of these turds...

Is this a total turd?

it's the only 1 that interests me as I absolutely love crystal castles in the arcade.

And the roller ball is hard to emulate in mame....

Can anyone recommend a good roller ball that can be hooked to the pc for using with mame?

Is this a total turd?

it's the only 1 that interests me as I absolutely love crystal castles in the arcade.

And the roller ball is hard to emulate in mame....

Can anyone recommend a good roller ball that can be hooked to the pc for using with mame?

No, it seems fine so far. The qc is what worried me, but everything is working as it should.

Yeah... never really stopped me or anyone at the time :-)

But I was more thinking of if I ever want to distribute something I make on a real floppy just for the fun of it. Do the floppy with manual in a ziploc kind of distribution. Or maybe have a box made for one of my project so I can say I made a boxed game :-)

• Like 3

Oh. My. God... I thought I had seen everything that could be considered "Holy S%$T that's so 80's!!" then this guy started rapping...

I like how the more recent version of this is the infamous "You wouldn't download a car!" ad. lol

EDIT:

Just watched it and nowhere did it say that. It must have been an edit or something.

Edited by TravisHuckins
  • Like 1