IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

post-29698-0-69944600-1543622112_thumb.jpg

TESII: Daggerfall in box! I know you can download the game for free now but it's nearly impossible to get the download version to work on a real DOS system so I bought this.

post-29698-0-65264500-1543622199_thumb.jpg

Also got these games at Goodwill and Salvation Army. The NES games alone would make up for the money I paid for Daggerfall (as I already had most of them).

• Like 2

attachicon.gifil_570xN.1619227314_g3og.jpg

A repro of Grind Stormer which will most likely last longer than a real copy of the game since Tengen Genesis carts have been known to have issues.

A legit Grind Stormer is easily brought back to life through the use of a donor cart. I've spoken about this on other forums and in other threads even here, but I prefer to use Pit-Fighter carts as donors. Pit-Fighter is on a Sega PCB but yet still published by Tengen, so I don't feel like it is too far off from still being the same using a Pit-Fighter PCB as a donor. And who actually likes pit-fighter?!

• Like 1

attachicon.gif20181125_204834.jpg

attachicon.giftwinbee3.jpg

attachicon.gifil_570xN.1619227314_g3og.jpg

Thundcade was a birthday present from my cousin.

Twinbee 3 off of ebay now that I know that the NES can play VRC4 games,

A repro of Grind Stormer which will most likely last longer than a real copy of the game since Tengen Genesis carts have been known to have issues.

Don't expect that Chinese repro of Grind Stormer to last long either. Everything about those genesis carts coming out of China is bad news. Cheap plastic for the shells, poor labels, wrong voltage on the flash chips and crap quality PCBs. You might have got lucky with a glop top epoxy chip instead of flash but even then, there is many reasons those carts are $4 to $6 dollars with free worldwide shipping. $5 gets you $5 worth of a $20+ item. Maybe you will get lucky though and it will last a lifetime :)

Don't expect that Chinese repro of Grind Stormer to last long either. Everything about those genesis carts coming out of China is bad news. Cheap plastic for the shells, poor labels, wrong voltage on the flash chips and crap quality PCBs. You might have got lucky with a glop top epoxy chip instead of flash but even then, there is many reasons those carts are $4 to $6 dollars with free worldwide shipping. $5 gets you $5 worth of a $20+ item. Maybe you will get lucky though and it will last a lifetime :)

I bought it from a US seller... and it is a glob top... I have a Power Joy cart that most likely is a glob top and that still works. Not to mention the glob top that was in my copy of Gyromite that is over 30 years old and still works. Yes the cheap shell broke (of Grind Stormer), but I stuck the board in an old authentic shell I had lying around and it looks much better with that.

post-29698-0-47731700-1543644537_thumb.jpg

The label is kinda poor but eh it works.

Edited by TravisHuckins
  • Like 1

AG9bT1rl.jpg

SP2sIxQl.jpg

3 pickups from the weekend. Everything was pretty cheap.

First is the Retro Bit Generations, $19.99 from Marshalls (and YES, they had a 12 game Arcade 1UP there too). It's... uhhh... really bad. I didn't need it, as I have a bunch of other ways to emulate things (including something in the 2nd pic!), but was intrigued as to how bad it really was. I followed the project when it was initially announced, and was hoping that maybe there was a patch for the emulation out there or some way to mod the thing. It's bad enough that I may just return it. I can see why people were losing their minds when they bought it initially for $59.99.

ReCore was a $10 clearance bin special from Walmart. It looked interesting when it was released, but it got bad reviews. Eh, I'll give it a shot. Also not everyday you see Xbox One exclusives.

The little "NES" on top of my actual NES was a Raspberry Pi 3 case that I found on Amazon for $2.99. It's not exact, but it looks a lot cooler than the generic clear Pi case I had on it before. I may paint/mod it to look more like the real deal.

• Like 1

XaqxlO2l.jpg

Went to Gamestop while the wife was shopping at Bath and Body Works or some other place this weekend (they are always strategically placed next to each other) and went looking for Smash Bros Ultimate. Ended up walking out with Resistance 3 and Shantae; Half Genie Hero Day One Ultimate Edition instead, and I'm not even mad! Resistance 3 rounds out the trilogy for me on the PS3, and Shantae was on clearance. I was fine with it game-only like it was on the shelf, but yeah, I'll take the limited edition one for the same price!

Gizmo was from Target, and he sings and dances! He'll hang out in my game room with my vintage Alf and original Teddy Ruxpin I've had since I was a kid, who seemingly only wants to sing 80's Metal classics these days.

• Like 5

The first purchase I made was for an ATari 1040 STFM, and 30 original games, I believe I paid a little over $60.00 Canadian for the whole bundle but my best purchase was an Atari 520T with 512 KB ram, 2 color monitors that worked , over 400 floppy disks with about 16 original games and 2 midi cables that are 8 feet long , I was given an SF 314 external drive with power supply, tomorrow I am borrowing a blitz cable (hopefully) to copy all of the 6 or 7 sierra games (KIngs Quest series) .... I was also given 2 color monitors that dont work, one does not even turn on, and the other has a bad flyback transformer. Including my broken Atari STE (which I ordered a new motherboard for it from France) I have 3 Atari ST systems. I will be running an event i the Kitchener/Waterloo, Ontario area on Jan 19 2018 , I will be holding a local Atari ST users group meeting , by then I will have 3 working ATaris and 3 working color monitors , with 3 joysticks and 3 mice , you guessed it! A MidiMaze competition, so anyone that can make it please feel free to come , above all we are going to have fun.......Russ

More like last couple of week but I got the following:

• Atari 1040STE with mono monitor. $150Cdn really nice condition with almost no yellowing.
  • Boxed games lot for Atari ST including Police Quest 2 in really nice condition.
  • A cheap Dell pc with 3.5" running Windows XP so I can transfer floppies to the ST as it can read dos disk. $30Cdn shipped.
  • Color and mono ST->VGA cable for the ST with a VGA to HDMI converter that works with the ST frequencies. $50Cdn
  • 50 DSDD 3.5" floppies (NOS) $60Cdn
  • Amiga 500 (PAL) with Joystick and about 100 floppies + boxed softwares $250Cdn
  • Amiga RGB to Scart and Scart to HDMI converter box. $30Cdn

post-29698-0-42294300-1544844487_thumb.jpg

Picked up these 360 games at Goodwill and the PS1 Multitap from Half Price Books for $5. I can play 5 player Bomberman now on my PS1. There's also a PS1 to PC-Engine controller adapter and would be funny if with the PS Multitap would work with that (as a cheap option for 4 player PC-Engine Bomberman action but I doubt it). Now where to find 4 other people to play the game with lol

So many Christmas presents. I’m the Retro game gift giver in the family. I always get questions this time of year from my many relatives of what game system to buy their kids and what games. I always tell them to buy a 2600 flashback and whatever Nintendo handheld is popular and cheap.

• Like 2

I still have mine I bought in '91. I came with Commander Keen. Both the game and pad still work great.

I still remember like it was yesterday playing Commander Keen in CGA on my 286 :)

EDIT: I played using the purple and blue CGA color scheme for this game as I found that looked the best.

Edited by Shawn

I ordered the NES Classic, SNES Classic and wireless controllers for $159. I paid the usual retail, but since Nintendo announced no more after the holiday inventory I wanted to get these before the resellers star jacking up the price. I'm pretty sure you won't see these lying around with discounts.

B134316Yb.jpg

https://www.gamestop.com/nes/consoles/nintendo-nes-classic-snes-classic-and-yok-wireless-controllers-bundle/165745

Edited by thetick1
  • Like 2

I still remember like it was yesterday playing Commander Keen in CGA on my 286 :)

EDIT: I played using the purple and blue CGA color scheme for this game as I found that looked the best.

Hehe I remember when my brother got our first vga card (generic ET 4000 card ) and vga monitor. The first thing we did after the install was boot up Commander Keen. I remember just sitting in awhhh waiting for my turn to play.

Edited by thetick1
  • Like 2

Hehe I remember when my brother got our first vga card (generic ET 4000 card ) and vga monitor. The first thing we did after the install was boot up Commander Keen. I remember just sitting in awhhh waiting for my turn to play.

I had similar wow moments except they were on the "hi-res side" so to speak. Seeing graphics in 1024 x 768 and 800 x 600 was quite the step-up from what I had going in the 16-bit world.

My first graphics card was a 1MB STB Evolution 16-bit ISA board for my 486. It was based on the Cirrus Logic 5422 chip.

• Like 2