IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

I saved a couple CX40 controllers from a landfill destination. They were even going to toss 8 games too. I had no idea they would wind up being the nicest controllers Ive seen. The cord ends looked like they have never been plugged in, the side of the button didnt even have a scratch on it. The second one cleaned up just as well. I felt good about this. I switched up my cleaning method and I think Ill stick with it from now on. Pine Sol. It takes so little of it to clean and man did these things shine when I was done. No residue afterwards either.

post-48843-0-07334200-1546835396_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Couldn't resist anymore. For a lousy $12 I'll go without lunch for couple days. I really wanted them. :)

- Reissue G1 Bumblebee

- Trends International Transformers Classic Wall Poster (Pic from Amazon - Facebook only allows one pic to be uploaded on replies so I got creative. :) )

post-21025-0-32184700-1546848577.jpeg

• Like 1

Ammonia is a great cleaner but it's also corrosive. Might not matter a whole lot with some plastics though.

To my knowledge, Pine-Sol does not have ammonia in it.

At any rate, I figured since I just used it on my vinyl flooring it was a pretty safe bet to use on the outside of the controllers. I probably should do a post on how I do my "clean-up" details. Thanks for the warning at any rate!

More Atari 8 bit computer items tonight.

Scored some 1st article samples and 1st submittance items tonight. Possibly for the quality assurance department of Atari. All dated April to May of 1983. Unsure how rare but seemed interesting and would make for a good discussion starter in the game room one day. Anyone have more information about these.

post-35058-0-54078000-1546935805_thumb.jpg

post-35058-0-59991600-1546935822_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scooter83
  • Like 2

The music from stage 4 is my ringtone lol

That's awesome! Thunder Force III has been my favorite horizontal shoot 'em up for a long time, but I lost my old copy in a major collection sell off a few years ago so I'm really happy to have another one now. It's also got quite possibly my favorite video game soundtrack of all time (it's a tossup between Thunder Force III and Ecco the Dolphin for the Sega CD) so I totally approve of your ringtone. If I had to pick a favorite song from the game, which is really tough since they're all excellent, I think I'd have go with the theme for Stage 2 Gorgon. :)

• Like 1

That's awesome! Thunder Force III has been my favorite horizontal shoot 'em up for a long time, but I lost my old copy in a major collection sell off a few years ago so I'm really happy to have another one now. It's also got quite possibly my favorite video game soundtrack of all time (it's a tossup between Thunder Force III and Ecco the Dolphin for the Sega CD) so I totally approve of your ringtone. If I had to pick a favorite song from the game, which is really tough since they're all excellent, I think I'd have go with the theme for Stage 2 Gorgon. :)

However my favorite smhup track is tied for these 2 tracks:

It's just that the Genesis sound works better on a phone speaker so I use the music from Thunder Force III...

• Like 1

Courtesy of Mrs. Jin, who actually spent a couple hours playing it until she beat the game before I got my chance to play it.

7uW8JWD.jpg

Very nice, but nostalgia dictates I bring up MY preferred Thunder Force title, the sequel:

Now I wanna skip work tomorrow & spend the afternoon shooting things. Thanks. ;)

• Like 1

However my favorite smhup track is tied for these 2 tracks:

Fantastic selections! I can definitely see why those two would be your top picks, they're really pulse pounding and complex arrangements. My #1 favorite shmup song is a lot simplier, but it's been stuck in my head for half past forever so I've gotta go with:

https://youtu.be/TUCImuInDds

Edited by Jin

Fantastic selections! I can definitely see why those two would be your top picks, they're really pulse pounding and complex arrangements. My #1 favorite shmup song is a lot simplier, but it's been stuck in my head for half past forever so I've gotta go with:

https://youtu.be/TUCImuInDds

I was never really into Raiden... anyway I am working on my own shmup and I've even written the music for it: https://soundcloud.com/spacedragonforce/sets/space-dragon-force-ost-1The development is taking a long time as I'm not very experienced in game programing but very experienced in music production.

• Like 1

Got these today - going for peanuts in UK high street GAME shops - they're having a clearance. £7 for all of them.

I also got the 2600 Asteroids one (not in pic) that shows the 2600 box art when there is a hot drink in the mug!!

atariMugs.jpg

Edited by davyK
  • Like 4

Managed to pick up a WICO Command Control joystick in excellent condition. I had been using a Megadrive controller for my classic computers, but it just didn't feel right to play these games with a joypad. I also had a few aftermarket CX40 clones, but every single one was absolute garbage and broke within hours or days.

This WICO is pretty amazing, such a solid joystick with plenty of weight. Feels like it would survive a war.

[Edit]

Also, some stuff I ordered came in the mail.

One-on-One Basketball (7800)

I am foolishly attempting to collect as many complete in box 7800 games as possible (foolish because this system was never released here in Japan, so I basically have to rely 99% on Ebay and Video 61/GOAT Store). An import games seller had this new in box for a decent price, so I jumped on it. I really don't care about sports games other than Tecmo Bowl and NBA JAM, but the price was right for the collection, and it also seemed to get some rave reviews on the 7800 Game-by-game Podcast, so here we are.

Crystal Mines II (Lynx)

Not attempting at all to get a complete Lynx collection, but the same store had this brand new in shrink wrap for a good price, and I'm always interested in new puzzle games for portables, especially Lynx which is now my fav portable ever haha. It's basically Boulderdash with a robot, and therefore it's awesome.

Edited by newtmonkey

One-on-One Basketball (7800)

I am foolishly attempting to collect as many complete in box 7800 games as possible (foolish because this system was never released here in Japan, so I basically have to rely 99% on Ebay and Video 61/GOAT Store). An import games seller had this new in box for a decent price, so I jumped on it. I really don't care about sports games other than Tecmo Bowl and NBA JAM, but the price was right for the collection, and it also seemed to get some rave reviews on the 7800 Game-by-game Podcast, so here we are.

I recently picked this one up too. What nitwits gave this game rave reviews?

WOW this thread is still going!!! I've been neglecting you guys so I am back.

Ill post up. I used to love this thread until Photobucket held the world hostage.

Recent pickups of 3 Neo Geo games. I got these from the original owner for real low cheap. He was a kid when he got them and still has his system. Just one of those unicorn children that had a dad who bought them Neo Geo like it was Nintendo. So amazing. Look at the original prices!!

I recently picked up a WII U Smash/Splatoon Combo in the box for $50 so I am enjoying that system a lot. I got that Starfox game for $13 shipped and it's actually two complete disc games which is nice.

Gravity Rush was a gift and is extremely Japanese I have no idea what to expect with this game but from what I have seen it's a girl that moves around like she is being blown by a huge wind and you see up her skirt. She also has a cat that follows.

Akira was also a gift and I imagine unplayable as it is in Japanese and is a RPG of sorts. It'll look nice on my shelf.

My%20New%20Neo%20Geo%20Games_zpsp6b1oien
New%20Neo%20Geo%20Games%202_zpskl1k37il.
New%20Neo%20Geo%20Games%205_zpsej3wtw6o.
New%20Neo%20Geo%20Games%201_zps7isqtg8e.
Wii%20U_zpsnmgkxnbo.jpg

My recent pickups have been:

CIB DigDug for the Intellivision 2nd printing with purple bands and 1player properly printed on the box lower right.

W Ring - Double Rings hucard for playing on my JPN TurboDuo

MTE201 v3 test cart

And a new 4k Sony camcorder that I've yet to test out but hope to soon for use with my YT channel.