IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

attachicon.gif 20190131_153003~2-1.jpg

Picked this up for 6 bucks today. Sold as untested, but actually works perfectly.

$6, wow. Considering what that goes for elsewhere, they practically gave it to you.

I actually had the UK Grandstand version years ago, only difference was that it was renamed after Konami's Scramble:

post-47842-0-82649300-1549766809.jpg

(photo from eBay, as mine's is long gone)

Edited by Jumpman1981
  • Like 2

OK my Mega ST came in the other day, it has a Viking card in it and an ICD 16 Mhz booster in it , have hooked up my Ultra Satan next I want to get a proper processor for the Viking card. Already have the software for if if anyone else has one of these cards.

post-30485-0-61129500-1549795278_thumb.jpg

post-30485-0-95626800-1549795325_thumb.jpg

No hard drive but 4 Mhz Ram,definitely a Mega ST 4. Russ

I picked these interesting items up this weekend online.

1.) Salt Cart that might be a version 1.00 or maybe even an earlier version

2.) A Robotron 2084 Prototype

3.) A Disk Diagnostic Version 0.2. ( Im not sure yet if this is the same version as the 810 that was widely available in house or if this is a different version of the 810 CPS)

4.) A regular copy of Star Raiders but in a Brown XL XE style cart. From what Ive gathered shell was made around 1983. Style would not be seen again until Atari was sold . Kinda interesting and dont see too many of these around. I think 1 person on AA has made a post about it a while ago).

5.) Finally a copy of Donkey Kong JR with a double label.

post-35058-0-24775500-1549979239_thumb.jpg

post-35058-0-60835500-1549979274_thumb.jpg

post-35058-0-37137600-1549979293_thumb.jpg

post-35058-0-73053900-1549979317_thumb.jpg

post-35058-0-76983800-1549979388_thumb.jpg

post-35058-0-90579000-1549979515_thumb.jpg

post-35058-0-15550400-1549979617_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Today I ended up getting a free copy of Super Thunder Blade due to an eBay seller accidentally sending me the wrong game. They've shipped the right game out to me now and said that I could keep this one, which I suppose only leaves the question of, "Do I actually want a free copy of Super Thunder Blade?" :lol:

oAbrn7t.jpg

Guess I'll have to sit down and play it to find out!

Edit: After playing 15 minutes of Super Thunder Blade my distinct impression is, "This game is awful!" The frame rate is so painfully slow and choppy that it's nearly unplayable. Space Harrier and Galaxy Force on the Master System played better than this! So nope, don't want it lol This game is going back up on eBay for $5 or so.

Edited by Jin

Arrived (todayish): Atari 800XL in excellent working condition from coleconut here on AA.

The 800XL was my first computer ever, inherited from my brother, so it's really a treat to have one now.

I was very young then, but have very vivid memories of discovering the 800XL in my brother's room after he had moved out, complete with cassette player for data storage. I was familiar with cassettes obviously from listening to music, but it was quite a trip to find out that games came on cassettes (Temple of Apshai, in this case). I eventually figured it out somehow; maybe I had the manuals and looked it up. We also had Spy Hunter on (I think) cartridge; I know it wasn't a disk game, as we didn't have a disk drive.

Edited by newtmonkey

Congrats on the purchase of your new favorite console! :D You are gonna love it.

Oh I can already see the Switch potentially becoming my all time favorite console after just 5 days of ownership. I had no idea just how convenient it was going to be to be able to play my games on the big screen then take them on the go whenever someone else in the household wanted to watch TV or in the wee hours of the morning when everyone else is sleeping. That versatility led to me being able to spend a lot more time than usual gaming this past week, and with so many incredible games from all my favorite series (and a ton of new franchises that I've yet to explore) to choose from I think the Switch is going to provide me countless hours of entertainment for many years to come. :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 1

Oh I can already see the Switch potentially becoming my all time favorite console after just 5 days of ownership. I had no idea just how convenient it was going to be to be able to play my games on the big screen then take them on the go whenever someone else in the household wanted to watch TV or in the wee hours of the morning when everyone else is sleeping. That versatility led to me being able to spend a lot more time than usual gaming this past week, and with so many incredible games from all my favorite series (and a ton of new franchises that I've yet to explore) to choose from I think the Switch is going to provide me countless hours of entertainment for many years to come. :)

I've spent more time playing the Switch since I picked one up a little more than a year ago than playing any other console I have. 99.9% of the time, it's in portable mode too. It's great being able to sit on the couch while the wife watches whatever mindless reality show she's watching while I'm playing a modern game!

Do yourself a favor and pick up a Hori D-Pad left JoyCon for all the 2D stuff you are going to be playing. One of the best things I ever did.

• Like 1

I've spent more time playing the Switch since I picked one up a little more than a year ago than playing any other console I have. 99.9% of the time, it's in portable mode too. It's great being able to sit on the couch while the wife watches whatever mindless reality show she's watching while I'm playing a modern game!

Do yourself a favor and pick up a Hori D-Pad left JoyCon for all the 2D stuff you are going to be playing. One of the best things I ever did.

For me I'd say I've been playing my Switch in docked mode with the bundled joy-con grip about 70% of the time and handheld mode 30% or so, which makes me really wish that Hori's D-pad joy-con worked in docked mode. I have been really surprised how well the left joy-con's pseudo D-pad has worked for Sonic Mania though!

I was expecting it to be terrible but it actually works really well for me and I've never had any input errors in the 5 hours that I've put into Sonic Mania thus far. I imagine it wouldn't be very good for fighting games, but for 2D platformers it seems to be getting the job done pretty darn comfortably. I am still contemplating alternate control options though, mainly debating between either importing a set of those awesome looking Super Mario Odyssey Red colored joy-cons or picking up a Pro Controller for when I'm playing docked and a Hori D-pad joy-con to leave attached for portable play. It'd be about the same price for both options. Decisions decisions!

Edited by Jin

Just bought Psycho Chaser for PC-Engine for $10 from an import seller on ebay that I've bought from in the past.

This game is an interesting shmup where you play as a running android. You change weapons with the select button.

post-29698-0-26113800-1551414802_thumb.jpg

Edited by DragonGrafx-16
  • Like 2

I just ordered a repro of this game:

No pictures of the HuCard itself as it's being custom made. It was $45 rather than the $70 it would be to just get an original copy loose.

Also bought Bomberman '93 with some of the left over money.

post-29698-0-25131000-1552110469_thumb.jpg

Edited by DragonGrafx-16
  • Like 2

Today I got some Switch goodies in the mail from the marvelous 8BitDo!

642MsXu.jpg

H9V52nR.jpg

pAibVJk.jpg

The GBros. Adapter works brilliantly with my wife's MadCatz Tatsunoko vs Capcom Wii arcade stick and they really nailed the original Game Boy style with the SN30 Pro Controller. The controller color is perfect and the D-pad & buttons feel just like the Game Boy ones! :D

• Like 1

The GBros. Adapter works brilliantly with my wife's MadCatz Tatsunoko vs Capcom Wii arcade stick and they really nailed the original Game Boy style with the SN30 Pro Controller. The controller color is perfect and the D-pad & buttons feel just like the Game Boy ones! :D

I didn't know this was a thing! I know where $20 of my next paycheck are disappearing to. :evil:

• Like 1

I didn't know this was a thing! I know where $20 of my next paycheck are disappearing to. :evil:

That 8BitDo GBros. Adapter is a very cool thing for sure! It works with all Wii Classic Controllers and controllers that function like classic controllers (such as the arcade stick above and the controllers for the NES/SNES Classic Mini) as well as GameCube controllers. Also, after a few days of use I gotta say that SN30 Pro controller is the single best gamepad I've ever had the pleasure of using, topping my previous favorites which were the Sega Genesis 6-button controller and the Wii Classic controller.

It feels just as solid and sturdy in the hands as any first party controller I've ever used, the buttons, sticks, and D-pad are all smooth as silk, and the ergonomics are wonderful. The feel of the R1/L1 buttons and R2/L2 triggers are particularly impressive for a design this compact and I'd totally swear it was a first party Nintendo made controller if I hadn't been told otherwise. I don't think there's a single bad thing I could say about the SN30 Pro, and I'd highly recommend one for anyone in need of a top quality gamepad controller to use with their Switch. :)

• Like 2