IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

Cue the dramatic music, it's holy grail time! :D

aHlJXFZ.jpg

eZTJWOY.jpg

Nu0OhIU.jpg

From what I've been told the exceedingly rare Sega Genesis Model 2 Revision VA4 offers by far the best picture and sound quality of any Model 2 Genesis system. After spending some time trying it out tonight I can safely say that statement is 100% accurate. The picture and sound are both definitely on par with my Sega Genesis Model 1 High-Def VA6 system and just a joy to behold. There's none of the color oversaturation or blurry pixels that I used to put up with from my old Model 2 VA3 system, everything just looks sharp and clean and the sound quality is wonderful to boot. I'm really looking forward to setting this puppy up with a 32X and Sega CD Model 2 and seeing what it can do! :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 6

Cue the dramatic music, it's holy grail time! :D

aHlJXFZ.jpg

eZTJWOY.jpg

Nu0OhIU.jpg

From what I've been told the exceedingly rare Sega Genesis Model 2 Revision VA4 offers by far the best picture and sound quality of any Model 2 Genesis system. After spending some time trying it out tonight I can safely say that statement is 100% accurate. The picture and sound are both definitely on par with my Sega Genesis Model 1 High-Def VA6 system and just a joy to behold. There's none of the color oversaturation or blurry pixels that I used to put up with from my old Model 2 VA3 system, everything just looks sharp and clean and the sound quality is wonderful to boot. I'm really looking forward to setting this puppy up with a 32X and Sega CD Model 2 and seeing what it can do! :)

I popped mine open and by chance, I have one of these as well.

I didn't know there was much of a difference in some of these revisions until I started reading up on them.

Have you tried this with an up converter? Wondering how good the pic would really be.

attachicon.gifUp Scaler.JPG

I use a very similar setup for my consoles that aren't component or HDMI. I'm converting to the SG, NT, and AVS soon. I really only run Saturn, Dreamcast, and N64 on it now.

It has it's pros and cons.

The biggest con is you have to have a TV with pixel adjustment. I have it on a 2008 or 2009 Sony Bravia with Full Pixel. This converter automatically puts all output to 16:9, so I have to use settings on the TV to put it back to 4:3 and/or Full Pixel(can't quite remember). It, to me, looks horrid in 16:9 and near unplayable. Once I tweaked the settings, I could even get those pesky Saturn, PsOne and N64 games fixed without needing to run them through a capture card to adjust brightness.

I can take some photos of the games if you'd like.

post-66903-0-51219600-1554085029_thumb.png

• Like 2

I use a very similar setup for my consoles that aren't component or HDMI. I'm converting to the SG, NT, and AVS soon. I really only run Saturn, Dreamcast, and N64 on it now.

The biggest con is you have to have a TV with pixel adjustment. I have it on a 2008 or 2009 Sony Bravia with Full Pixel. This converter automatically puts all output to 16:9, so I have to use settings on the TV to put it back to 4:3 and/or Full Pixel(can't quite remember). It, to me, looks horrid in 16:9 and near unplayable. Once I tweaked the settings, I could even get those pesky Saturn, PsOne and N64 games fixed without needing to run them through a capture card to adjust brightness.

Is that a power bar with single on off switches? Where did you get that one? I need one of those myself.

• Like 1

Is that a power bar with single on off switches? Where did you get that one? I need one of those myself.

It is. I actually own two of them. The are rack mountable power switchers.

I purchased them back in 2015 on Amazon. They've worked great. I had them pretty much full up when I had an entire game room setup. I didn't want all the consoles eating up power by being plugged in all day. They didn't work too well with Sega bricks, but you can alternate them with normals to work.

post-66903-0-21959100-1554090681_thumb.jpg

post-66903-0-98835000-1554090691_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Have you tried this with an up converter? Wondering how good the pic would really be.

attachicon.gifUp Scaler.JPG

Your converter choice really matters- I originally had one similar to what you've got pictured ('musou' brand) & I thought it was fine... then it quit working so I replaced it with an enKo converter- it's so much better it's not funny. Better color, better clarity, better activation speed (the old one took so long to take I never saw the N64 logo while I was using it.)

I mean, it's still composite- it's not gonna be great. But, as long as you can get the picture to 4:3 like Outdoormongoose said, it's perfectly serviceable.

• Like 2

No need for pics, great to know that I should use these with a TV that allows for pixel adjustment.

Your converter choice really matters- I originally had one similar to what you've got pictured ('musou' brand) & I thought it was fine... then it quit working so I replaced it with an enKo converter- it's so much better it's not funny. Better color, better clarity, better activation speed (the old one took so long to take I never saw the N64 logo while I was using it.)

I mean, it's still composite- it's not gonna be great. But, as long as you can get the picture to 4:3 like Outdoormongoose said, it's perfectly serviceable.

Thanks. I'll start looking for an enKo converter. :thumbsup:

• Like 1