IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

7 hours ago, Jin said:

Holy cow Solatorobo! Amazing pickup! ?

That was the Gasp Game this go-round. I try to get one game every con that solicits an audible gasp when I find it- otherwise it's more like grocery shopping than game shopping, y'know?

5 hours ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

I'm surprised how stupid the NA cover of Super Star Soldier looks... the PC Engine cover for the game is sooooooo much better! Also, how much did Darius cost?

$80- A bit on the pricey side, bit it's complete and the disc is pristine, so it was worth a little extra.

Also, I just googled Super Star Soldier for the PC Engine and you are very correct!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Find of the year for me... got a complete copy of Gekioh Shooting King for $20 (after a coupon at my local game store) when it's on ebay for $60-70 complete. I still can't believe it. This is also my only game I have on PS1 that does not save (no memory card support). Would have been nice to be able to save high scores but oh well. lol

I also grabbed Kangaroo on Atari 2600 Starting to get hard to find Atari 2600 games in stores that I don't already have. I also grabbed these 2 big box PC games from a thrift store. I dunno if they are any good but eh. They had some more I might grab later on (I didn't grab them all as the others were strategy or point-n-click games which I'm not a big fan of). The yellow tags were the original retail prices (on clearance? lol).

177181578_gekiohshootingkingfront.thumb.jpg.bfba5ed1f27ac579302cfddfb85ef8cb.jpg211071128_gekiohshootingkingback.thumb.jpg.e072948f8c4d50fa35e8869f5bc2e52b.jpg597890031_gekiohshootingkingopen.thumb.jpg.ca9d675d518004fc31e32fdbe13b6074.jpgbigboxxxx.thumb.jpg.cacfd0fbbe6c68e38a69aa40cbf3c698.jpg

kang2600.jpg

Edited by DragonGrafx-16

1 hour ago, Mikebloke said:

Did you get much with it? The jealousy is real. I would love one but I think I'd want to save up for a decent set and wait for my kids to grow up and leave home. 

9 loose carts (to be fair, one of those is Art Master so it's useless to me at the moment)- not the screaming deal of the century, but this represents the last of the classic consoles I really wanted to own, so I'm very excited about it.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 12:19 PM, Atari_Bill said:

With the price of this one on the rise I was beginning to think Id never find an affordable copy. Finally hit a decent BIN. Very excited to get it.

post-14461-0-41758300-1558199840_thumb.jpeg

Nice grab.  This one has been very elusive for me too.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Shawn said:

What's crazy is that for so many years you could get both the Wizard titles for $50 to $100 each no problem. 

57 minutes ago, Shawn said:

What's crazy is that for so many years you could get both the Wizard titles for $50 to $100 each no problem. 

I know.  I regret not getting them in my early years of collecting. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

I know.  I regret not getting them in my early years of collecting. 

I would have TCM, play it for a while, then trade or sell it when I was bored of it. I didn't much care to buy another copy for a few years and I come back to a price that has tripled. Needless to say I've not re-purchased. I can live without TCM in my pile of carts cause to me, it's not worth the price it's now commanding.

A little eclectic assortment of my pickups from the past couple weeks. I scored a really nice condition copy of Silpheed for the Sega CD, Sonic & Knuckles for the Sega Genesis, then a few games for the Nintendo Switch as well. First I picked up a digital copy of Darkwood then physical copies of Fox n Forests from Strictly Limited Games (which is now the new most valuable video game I own), Paw Patrol: On a Roll, and the special Outlast & Outlast II boxed set from Limited Run Games. Lastly, I finally bit the bullet and picked up a rare out of production Furbo Fox plush by Douglas for my modest stuffed animal collection, which I was pretty stoked about too. :)

3r6bMxs.jpg

Edited by Jin
  • Like 1

20190713_173243.thumb.jpg.46c39ee963d00e9bc6f049e6caf09135.jpg

As I had mentioned earlier I got Mega Bomberman... thought I'd show a photo of the actual cartridge I bought. Also a pink GBA that had a copy of Warioland 4 in which I found at a Salvation Army store for $1.25! The game was in the GBA! And both work!. The GBA had one of those cheap rechargeable battery compartment things. I've bought a replacement compartment for it and a white GBA I plan on selling as I already have an indigo GBA and a red GBA SP so I really don't need another GBA. Also a Radio Shack Highway LCD game for 95 Cents.

7 hours ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

I've bought a replacement compartment for it and a white GBA I plan on selling as I already have an indigo GBA and a red GBA SP so I really don't need another GBA. 

I dunno, man- if you've got a Gamecube, you'll need those for proper Crystal Chronicles play. ?

2 hours ago, TrekMD said:

Here are my latest acquisitions.  Not all of them were purchased...

Arcade%20Series%202_zps0upksn6p.jpg

Arcade%20Series%203_zpse35rloqh.jpg

Atari%207800%2029_zpsxykat1ba.jpg

These were a steal at Supercon.  The three CD's cost me $20.  I saw that each one sells for over $60!
CDs%2075_zpskem18c8x.jpg

GameCube%2020_zpskxmdn3cb.jpg

NES%2067_zpssd3prxcg.jpg

Nintendo%20GameBoy%20Advance%2017_zpsjk3

POP%20Figures%203_zpsicjqkwu1.jpg

Sega%20Genesis%2079_zpsansnfrfx.jpg

Who did the Twin Bee repro? Pretty cool!

• 2 weeks later...