IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

6 hours ago, Jin said:

Well fudge! I was all set to go buy The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening for the Nintendo Switch in the morning and then my Switch's right Joy-Con started malfunctioning... again. Back to Nintendo for repair it goes... again. While I wait for it to be fixed so I can play Switch games once more, here's a couple recent Genesis pickups.

FqMpadf.jpg

Dragon's Fury is so much fun and the soundtrack is pretty excellent too. Make sure you test it as Tengen's Genesis carts are know to go bad without rhyme or reason. And picking up a non -Not For Resale Sonic 1 is a good find as well.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, cybercylon said:

If you have the means (Retrode 2, hacked Retrofreak, etc) dump that Dragon's Fury to make a back up. I had a couple of Tengen games bite the dust for no good reason.

The boards are the problem and not the roms (usually). You can buy new Genesis boards and stick the rom in it and it should work.

Edited by DragonGrafx-16
  • Like 1

In doing a good deed for others, I got personally interested and ended up buying an inexpensive off-the-air DVR/converter today.  Why?  Because while I'm not interested in recording off-the-air TV, that RF input can be used for all kinds of classic computers or video game consoles , in my case an Atari 5200.  Since <<THE UNIT>> also outputs in Composite or HDMI, one could hook their device to an newer TV or compatible computer monitor as well.  ??

So, if a person wanted to record their video play in action for later bragging rights, or make a YouTube video this would be good option.  

There is a nice review on the unit << HERE >> if anyone is interested.  

1812105797_TheUnit.thumb.JPG.10bfb1c98ba3a840a9b07efd35eaf24b.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, --- Ω --- said:

In doing a good deed for others, I got personally interested and ended up buying an inexpensive off-the-air DVR/converter today.  Why?  Because while I'm not interested in recording off-the-air TV, that RF input can be used for all kinds of classic computers or video game consoles , in my case an Atari 5200.  Since <<THE UNIT>> also outputs in Composite or HDMI, one could hook their device to an newer TV or compatible computer monitor as well.  ??

So, if a person wanted to record their video play in action for later bragging rights, or make a YouTube video this would be good option.  

There is a nice review on the unit << HERE >> if anyone is interested.  

1812105797_TheUnit.thumb.JPG.10bfb1c98ba3a840a9b07efd35eaf24b.JPG

I use a Toshiba DVDR myself (The same model that AVGN used to capture his gameplay back in the day). It accept RF, composite & svideo and output component & hdmi with or without upconversion.

Edited by AMenard
  • Like 1

Got the last piece of my Atari setup. A fellow member here, Masschamber, sold me an SIO->Parallel interface. Back in the day I owned a 1027, but those have pretty much self destroyed by now. So to replace it I have an Epson ActionPrinter 4000 configured as an FX-80 via dip. It'll be shared via a switchbox with my C64.

Now the hardest part, waiting for all of the stuff to get here...

Stunt Cycle!!!

I have been wanting to play this for a long time. I remember this in the SEARS catalog when I was really young. I actually choose the VCS over it, but always wondered what this was like. I did seach on and off on ebay for a few months, but never found one(or one at a reasonable price). Luckily, today I finally found one in the wild. Only one I have ever seen in person. 

Plays better than I thought it would. Picture and sound(built in console sound) is decent for an old system. Neat little weird console. Pretty happy to finally find one.

stunt.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/5/2019 at 10:58 PM, Machine said:

Stunt Cycle!!!

I have been wanting to play this for a long time. I remember this in the SEARS catalog when I was really young. I actually choose the VCS over it, but always wondered what this was like. I did seach on and off on ebay for a few months, but never found one(or one at a reasonable price). Luckily, today I finally found one in the wild. Only one I have ever seen in person. 

Plays better than I thought it would. Picture and sound(built in console sound) is decent for an old system. Neat little weird console. Pretty happy to finally find one.

stunt.jpg

You did make a good choice picking the VCS over it... there was no other option really, stuck with one game or be able to play hundreds of games. I would have made the same choice back then as well... though the I was't even born yet. lol

Edited by DragonGrafx-16
  • Like 2

Well... Something was bugging me with my recent purchase of my 65XE. I was happy to finally get back into the Atari club, but that missing PBI and all soldered chip, making modding more difficult, was a bit of a downer. So I shopped around and found an 800XL at a nice price for me. I'll probably get a VBXL and a U1mb next month for it.

I also received my "Biggus Dickus" SIO2SD today.

Received the 65XE today. 

It's in perfect condition with almost no yellowing. The PSU is a small model, that I don't intend to use once my switching 5v 5A PSU gets here. I'll crack it open this weekend to inspect and see what board rev is in there. To bad the emmu are unobtainium now because if it's the rev with the empty spot for the emmu and extra ram I'd be tempted to install sockets and mod it to 128k.

In any case it'll be my spare machine for the 800XL that I do intend to mod to the max :-)

Received my 800XL and my "biggus dickus" sio2sd today.

the 800xl is quite dirty and yellowed but works. The mylar needs replacing but I wrote to best-electronics to get a new one. It does work but if I hit "*" or inverse a bit too hard, "caps" also register a hit. I cleaned the contact and socket but it didn't improve anything. 

funny enough the plastic protector on the aluminium is still on. I don't think I'll retro-brite it, I'll go for the more expedient solution of spray painting the cream part. I've placed an order with lotharek for a vbxl and a u1mb.

2 hours ago, Machine said:

Check this out, anyone know what it is?

miniTV.jpg

Cute.  No idea!

Anyway.  Continuing my PAL 2600 cart hunting.   Stoked to get this little bundle today. All the carts are mint, other than Cookie with some adhesive plaque, although it is unused still sealed in the bag with manual.

Puts me at 223 unique carts.  All smiles.

bundle.thumb.jpg.22dc83cb6590f98d74d13eece7246d6e.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShadowMan44 said:

"Star Ocean: 2nd Story", my sister introduced me to this game on the PS1 and I decided to rebuy it on eBay. God I hate autobidders.

I had someone outbid me with 1 second left... I hate autobidders too. Which is why I try to find BIN deals instead.

Edited by DragonGrafx-16

I received my best-electronics order today. The replacement mylar is installed and works perfectly. I did make an error in my order though. I thought I had placed an order for the Macro Assembler, but I ordered the Assembler/Editor instead. The box is a bit crushed, but that was something I was aware of since he's down to the last few of those. I don't really collect boxes so I don't really care anyway.

Now I'm waiting for my U1Mb and I'll order the VBXL in a couple of weeks.