IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

Just now, stupus said:

So you got it? I was going to message you but thought it was over what you were looking to pay. Glad you got it if so! 

Yes! I decided just to give an exception for price this time just due to what it was. Now I only need 4 more carts. Thanks. Will take more photos when it arrives.

• Like 1

Thanks to the income from selling my original PlayStation collection, I finally did it. Today I put down the money for the ultimate modern Sega Genesis / Mega Drive setup that I've been dreaming of, and it was by far the most costly gaming purchase I've ever made in my entire life. $559.75 later...

BPeWLLH.png

MgLXfDz.png

okMybr2.png

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

Thanks to the income from selling my original PlayStation collection, I finally did it. Today I put down the money for the ultimate modern Sega Genesis / Mega Drive setup that I've been dreaming of, and it was by far the most costly gaming purchase I've ever made in my entire life. $559.75 later...

BPeWLLH.png

MgLXfDz.png

okMybr2.png

I love I love it I love it!!

I'm with ya every step of the way except I go for Hyperkin controllers not Retro Bit,  but that's me.   And I have an Everdrive but not a Mega SD.    That's the one that'll do Sega CD right?   Wait ...AND 32X???  (Want it want it want it!).   You'll have to let me know what you think of it when it all comes together...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

Was it on us or foreign eBay?

Edit:  didn’t look far enough. Obviously foreign. Congrats. Looks very nice. 

I assume you mean the Melody Chase. It’s from Germany. Generally for Aquarius items I watch searches on eBay US, eBay UK, eBay Italy. Works pretty well. Saw this and for obvious reasons bought immediately. But yes, it is a very nice looking copy.

9 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

I'm with ya every step of the way except I go for Hyperkin controllers not Retro Bit,  but that's me.   And I have an Everdrive but not a Mega SD.    That's the one that'll do Sega CD right?   Wait ...AND 32X???  (Want it want it want it!).   You'll have to let me know what you think of it when it all comes together...

I'll be sure to letcha know what I think of it! And yeah, the Mega SD can run Sega CD .bin & .cue sets all on it's own but for 32X games you do still need the original 32X hardware to run them. Unfortunately at the moment the only way to do that on the Mega SG is with an Analogue DAC outputting to a CRT TV, so I'll still be using my old Genesis Model 2 + Sega CD Model 2 + 32X setup to play 32X games. 

Right now the big debate for me is whether to stick with the stock firmware for the Mega SG or flash Smokemonster's jailbreak firmware to it. Since I've got a Mega SD on the way it seems redundant to use custom firmware that let's you run Genesis & Master System games off an SD card on the Mega SG, but the jailbreak firmware does add both ColecoVision and Game Gear cores to the system and I do loves me some ColecoVision! 

• Like 1

Spent some bonus money on a DCEMU modded Dreamcast. Has the fuse mod, battery replaced, GDEMU clone installed and a Noctua fan. Only thing really missing was a 3D printed tray and extension cable which I will just get separately.

Usually I see these in the $300 range(with all the toys) but I took a chance on a seller that posted one for $220. Works perfectly. :)

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/10/2020 at 10:56 AM, Skippy B. Coyote said:

I'll be sure to letcha know what I think of it! And yeah, the Mega SD can run Sega CD .bin & .cue sets all on it's own but for 32X games you do still need the original 32X hardware to run them. Unfortunately at the moment the only way to do that on the Mega SG is with an Analogue DAC outputting to a CRT TV, so I'll still be using my old Genesis Model 2 + Sega CD Model 2 + 32X setup to play 32X games. 

Right now the big debate for me is whether to stick with the stock firmware for the Mega SG or flash Smokemonster's jailbreak firmware to it. Since I've got a Mega SD on the way it seems redundant to use custom firmware that let's you run Genesis & Master System games off an SD card on the Mega SG, but the jailbreak firmware does add both ColecoVision and Game Gear cores to the system and I do loves me some ColecoVision! 

Oh..It's  a shame ya have to have Sega's crappy 32X hardware which I don't trust at all since I once bought one brand new and it was a chintzy POS that didn't work so I returned it for PlayStation games....Sorry to keep telling that story...Maybe someday we'll have a way to play 32X without using that...

• Like 2

BEST. WIFE. EVER.

So I bought the DCEMU Dreamcast last week and got it Wednesday night(see post a little ways up). Told my wife what it was and why it was so much more than a normal console. She told me to go ahead and buy it. Since I play Dreamcast games in our room she knows I use it.

Last night I booted my 3DO and she asked me "Do they have anything like that for that system? You play that thing all the time." I showed her a USB modded system on eBay. She said "Wow those are even more money. You should get it now while we have the cash to spare." I almost passed out...

I might have overpaid for a 3DO with an Mnemo board but I don't care - $349. Compared to the ones that are still there for $500 and $700 I'm happy. It's not too far over what a bare board and a 3DO console are going for and it's installed.

Panasonic-FZ-1-REAL-3DO-MODDED-_1.jpg

Definitely done buying stuff for a while. Tax return is going for the roof repair and the rest of my bonus went to the wife for her new sewing machine. Also her embroidery machine needs service. She uses those all the time too so definitely worth it. :)

Edited by ClassicGMR
  • Like 3

BEST. WIFE. EVER.

So I bought the DCEMU Dreamcast last week and got it Wednesday night(see post a little ways up). Told my wife what it was and why it was so much more than a normal console. She told me to go ahead and buy it. Since I play Dreamcast games in our room she knows I use it.

Last night I booted my 3DO and she asked me "Do they have anything like that for that system? You play that thing all the time." I showed her a USB modded system on eBay. She said "Wow those are even more money. You should get it now while we have the cash to spare." I almost passed out...

I might have overpaid for a 3DO with an Mnemo board but I don't care - $349. Compared to the ones that are still there for $500 and $700 I'm happy. It's not too far over what a bare board and a 3DO console are going for and it's installed.

Panasonic-FZ-1-REAL-3DO-MODDED-_1.jpg

Definitely done buying stuff for a while. Tax return is going for the roof repair and the rest of my bonus went to the wife for her new sewing machine. Also her embroidery machine needs service. She uses those all the time too so definitely worth it. [emoji4]

Your wife sounds really cool. I wish me and my wife could communicate like that on financial terms.
  • Like 2

On 3/10/2020 at 2:47 AM, GoldLeader said:

bZLKVkK.jpg

It has come together! I've had it for a few days now and my initial impressions are that I couldn't imagine all my favorite Genesis, Master System, and Sega CD games looking better... well, for the most part. I had never really seen Sonic games on anything other than a CRT TV before, so imagine my surprise when I discovered that due to the sightly lower refresh rate of LCD TVs there's always going to be some motion blur to the backgrounds of any fast moving sprite based game that you don't get on a CRT TV. The only way around it is to invest a small fortune in a LCD monitor with crazy fast response times, which I don't plan to do. So, the Sonic games are a bit blurry in motion but that's no fault of the Mega SG; it's just the nature of LCD technology and outside of speedy games everything looks and plays beautifully in stunningly crystal clear 1080p.

There's also a big sigh of relief to be had from the feeling that I don't really have to collect anymore to play all things classic Sega, nor do I have to worry about my old original hardware or CRT TV failing someday. I've got a future proofed Genesis setup that requires no further investment to play whatever I please, and that peace of mind and convenience just might be worth the steep cost of admission. :)

Edited by Skippy B. Coyote
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/10/2020 at 12:56 PM, Skippy B. Coyote said:

Oh it's totally redundant.. but so what? You definitely want the jailbreak functionality on the Mega SG but you don't need another huge SD card for that if you're going to use the MegaSD for segacd/genesis. Just use a cheapo 4-8 gig SD card for the jailbreak which can also hold all the Colecovision and Gamegear games easy. Heck shove on SMS games as well. 

• Like 1