IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

Just ordered this from Japan20200321_071744.thumb.jpg.a569bfb97875aca012715b0565a4c85d.jpg     

I had one of those I purchased from Japan. That’s my favorite color of all the Gamecubes. I swapped the guts out of a US gamecube and I really enjoyed it. I purchased the component cables to use with it. Back in 2012 the component cables were near $75-$100. The GameCube is my favorite Nintendo console. I think it still has the best games. Playing Resident Evil 4 with a Wavebird controller was awesome. Well all games with a wavebird are awesome. I still think Smash Bros Melee with component cables plays and looks better than any other Nintendo Console. Mario Kart: Double Dash is still the best 4 player version of Mario Kart. Mario Sunshine uses the analog triggers on the GameCube controller in a very fun way. Luigi’s Mansion is a beautiful game that is one of my favorite games of all time. And Wind Waker is the best Zelda game ever created.  The GameCube is also the best looking game console ever made. Those aren’t opinions their facts[emoji1].

1 hour ago, adamchevy said:

I had one of those I purchased from Japan. That’s my favorite color of all the Gamecubes. I swapped the guts out of a US gamecube and I really enjoyed it. I purchased the component cables to use with it. Back in 2012 the component cables were near $75-$100. The GameCube is my favorite Nintendo console. I think it still has the best games. Playing Resident Evil 4 with a Wavebird controller was awesome. Well all games with a wavebird are awesome. I still think Smash Bros Melee with component cables plays and looks better than any other Nintendo Console. Mario Kart: Double Dash is still the best 4 player version of Mario Kart. Mario Sunshine uses the analog triggers on the GameCube controller in a very fun way. Luigi’s Mansion is a beautiful game that is one of my favorite games of all time. And Wind Waker is the best Zelda game ever created.  The GameCube is also the best looking game console ever made. Those aren’t opinions their factsemoji1.png.

Yeah,  I love the color.  I bought the component cables new back in the day. I'm hoping i still have them stored somewhere.  Outside of that,  it's a pretty easy mod to add a region switch,  so I'll be doing that. 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2020 at 3:08 PM, 4300 said:

20200323_131114.thumb.jpg.a76ac10fd606dbbf3077e19ed9a3f21e.jpg

Threw out a pretty low ball best offer for a "worked before going into storage" 5200 trackball and the seller accepted, surprisingly. Hopefully it still works. Best case,  it's definitely going to need a teardown and cleaning. 

And after a teardown,  cleaning and lubricating,  there was a practically new trackball controller under 40 years of hand cheese. 

20200326_175122.jpg

Edited by 4300
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, 4300 said:

And after a teardown,  cleaning and lubricating,  there was a practically new trackball controller under 40 years of hand cheese. 

20200326_175122.jpg

That cleaned up NICE!

I was talking to someone in another forum and was tossing around the idea to buy a Pound converter cable for my Dreamcast. They all adamantly talked me out of it and said to go with Kaiko if I wanted a converter. So I purchased an HDMI adapter by Kaiko for my Dreamcast and it came in last night. I expected a stretched and crappy image but it looks great! Next up is a Tendak converter/upscaler (with 480 mode) for my PSIO modded PS1. I should have that this weekend. :)

1 hour ago, ClassicGMR said:

That cleaned up NICE!

I was talking to someone in another forum and was tossing around the idea to buy a Pound converter cable for my Dreamcast. They all adamantly talked me out of it and said to go with Kaiko if I wanted a converter. So I purchased an HDMI adapter by Kaiko for my Dreamcast and it came in last night. I expected a stretched and crappy image but it looks great! Next up is a Tendak converter/upscaler (with 480 mode) for my PSIO modded PS1. I should have that this weekend. :)

I use the hyperkin adapter for my DC and couldn't be happier with how good it looks. 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2020 at 4:39 PM, Magmavision2000 said:

Who wasted his money and regrets it terribly?

THIS. DUDE. RIGHT. HERE.

Screenshot_20200323-153655.thumb.png.883d8951c80e0a86ba2c2d406e11e013.png

If you are collecting for the Wii it's not a waste as long as you didn't overpay for it. Having the original mailer is a nice touch for sure.

4 minutes ago, Shawn said:

If you are collecting for the Wii it's not a waste as long as you didn't overpay for it. Having the original mailer is a nice touch for sure.

It wasn't really a huge waste of money, I paid more for shipping and taxes than the price ($1.00), although the disc is horribly scratched so I still kind of regret buying it.

26 minutes ago, Magmavision2000 said:

It wasn't really a huge waste of money, I paid more for shipping and taxes than the price ($1.00), although the disc is horribly scratched so I still kind of regret buying it.

If it was that cheap, it's worth having for any Wii collector IMO.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

Finally picked this up. Been looking for this case for a while 

BA0469B6-ABAE-4F25-9D8B-58C51ED7FD3F.jpeg

Congrats!!!! I have had 1 a long time and its 1 of my favorite pieces in the collection. You NEVER see them! :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stupus said:

Congrats!!!! I have had 1 a long time and its 1 of my favorite pieces in the collection. You NEVER see them! :)

No you don’t.  I’ve only seen a couple the last few years and got outbid on the first. It came with a Sears pong. I was hoping the case might be branded Sears in some way, but it isn’t. I don’t think I’ve heard of a Sears branded case.