IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

4 hours ago, eddhell said:

My first A8 series computer (my peers and I all had C-64 back then)

atari400.thumb.jpg.e90c232a4785144e791e5960f34bcd04.jpg

I've wanted one for a long time, this one looks a little dirty but it's already upgraded to 48k RAM.

Just got this in today.  They just don't make 'em like this anymore....40+ years old, still works perfectly on the first try! (after disinfection, of course)

now I have to go into the storage dungeon and dig up some 2600 controllers...and waiting on a SIO2SD...then no one will see me until after the pandemic...

Edited by eddhell
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, ClassicGMR said:

Sold my 3DO and Dreamcast over the last 2 weeks. Rolled it over into an AVS NES clone and a Hyperkin RetroN 77. :) Now the waiting game...

AVSevolution2.png

s-l1600.jpg

I bet you'll love the AVS -- it's a fantastic machine, and really underrated in my opinion.  

I have the Mega Sg and Super Nt from Analogue and think they're both fantastic, but the AVS sits right alongside them in quality and enjoyment.

• Like 2

Cooking Mama on the Switch. Will it become the next Mega Drive Tetris? Who knows! I guess I will find out in 30 or 40 years!

And I just remembered that the Uncharted collection and Journey are both free on the PS4 PSN store, so I got those as well. I seem to have lost my PS3 copies of Uncharted in the move to Japan, so it's nice to have them available again. Too bad I don't have the disc, though.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

It's been a while since I've done any retro gaming pickups posts, but today I got something pretty cool to share! This morning I purchased two brand new official NES dogbone controllers that have been sealed in their packaging since 1994, and I'm really excited to put them to good use with the RetroUSB AVS and EverDrive N8 that I'll be picking up next month! :D

uuuHEj8.jpg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

It's been a while since I've done any retro gaming pickups posts, but today I got something pretty cool to share! This morning I purchased two brand new official NES dogbone controllers that have been sealed in their packaging since 1994, and I'm really excited to put them to good use with the RetroUSB AVS and EverDrive N8 that I'll be picking up next month! :D

uuuHEj8.jpg

That is cool as Hell Jin!

Did ya get those in a local store??

I've actually never tried a dogbone controller, though they are probably Awesome.  I grew up with the classic NES controllers though, so when some say the rectangle shape bothers them, I get it, but I've never had a problem with them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

That is cool as Hell Jin!

Did ya get those in a local store??

I've actually never tried a dogbone controller, though they are probably Awesome.  I grew up with the classic NES controllers though, so when some say the rectangle shape bothers them, I get it, but I've never had a problem with them.

Nah, I picked them up on eBay. All the local game stores are closed right now on account of COVID-19, but even when they're open the local stores tend to waaaay overcharge for anything in new/sealed or near mint condition so I do most of my retro shopping online. The eBay seller cut me a pretty good deal for buying both of them too :)

Growing up I actually got an NES a couple years after my first home console the Sega Genesis, around 1995 I think, and it was a top loader model with a dogbone controller; so that's the nostalgic NES controller for me. I've since used a few of the classic original rectangular NES pads but I still find the dogbone controllers a lot more comfy to hold, so when I decided to get an AVS I knew I had to get a couple dogbones! 

...and a new condition NES Advantage, which I'm still looking for but I know will show up on eBay for a reasonable price at some point. ^_^

Edited by Skippy B. Coyote
  • Like 2

Yeah I kinda wondered about that...Many places on lockdown.  Around here, believe it or not both Pawn Shops and our small record/CD store are OPEN.  At one of the pawn shops they have tables in front of the register so you are at least 4 feet away and they're a bigger place so everyone can stay apart anyway.   The record store is pretty small though,...I assume they just want people to be careful and stay apart as best they can.  Also, I see lots of mask wearing around town and I do it myself, while on deliveries, and if I go shopping.   Our population is a lot smaller than big cities, etc., though, so social distancing is not as hard...

Do you mind if I ask how much those were?  I'm just really curious.  A few years back I bought 2 New NES controllers in the original unopened box, and I think it was $60.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

Yeah I kinda wondered about that...Many places on lockdown.  Around here, believe it or not both Pawn Shops and our small record/CD store are OPEN.  At one of the pawn shops they have tables in front of the register so you are at least 4 feet away and they're a bigger place so everyone can stay apart any way.   The record store is pretty small though,...I assume they just want people to be careful and stay apart as best they can.  Also, I see lots of mask wearing around town and I do it myself, while on deliveries, and if I go shopping.   Our population is a lot smaller than big cities, etc., though, so social distancing is not as hard...

Do you mind if I ask how much those were?  I'm just really curious.  A few years back I bought 2 New NES controllers in the original unopened box, and I think it was $60.

Here in the Saint Paul, MN pretty much everything other than grocery stores, gas stations, pharmacies, and (weirdly) liquor stores are closed down so there's not much of anywhere to go these days other than picking up the bare essentials. The few times I have gone out shopping over the last couple months I'd say about 80% of people have been wearing masks, myself included. 

Anyhoo, you got a really good price on your new in package NES controllers if you paid $60 for 2 of them! The seller for the dogbones I just bought cut me a deal of $70 each for both of them, which ended up being $158 after shipping costs and a whopping $12 in state tax. It was more than I would have liked to have spent, but the last new condition dogbones that sold on eBay went for $100 each + shipping so I felt like I got a pretty fair deal paying $70 each.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

Here in the Saint Paul, MN pretty much everything other than grocery stores, gas stations, pharmacies, and (weirdly) liquor stores are closed down so there's not much of anywhere to go these days other than picking up the bare essentials. The few times I have gone out shopping over the last couple months I'd say about 80% of people have been wearing masks, myself included. 

Anyhoo, you got a really good price on your new in package NES controllers if you paid $60 for 2 of them! The seller for the dogbones I just bought cut me a deal of $70 each for both of them, which ended up being $158 after shipping costs and a whopping $12 in state tax. It was more than I would have liked to have spent, but the last new condition dogbones that sold on eBay went for $100 each + shipping so I felt like I got a pretty fair deal paying $70 each.

Oh yeah,  if you closed down liquor stores around here, with most people staying home, I promise you there would be rioting in the streets! ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

And, there's just something beyond satisfying when you buy a Brand New Controller for a system.  I have a couple of Brand New Sega pads too!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoldLeader said:

And, there's just something beyond satisfying when you buy a Brand New Controller for a system.  I have a couple of Brand New Sega pads too!

There sure is, which is exactly why I just paid through the nose for two new controllers lol Thankfully for the Mega SG I was able to just get a couple 6 button official Genesis controllers from Retro-Bit for $15 each, which are identical to Sega's original controllers from the 90's in every respect, but there's not really any affordable options for new production NES  dogbone controllers that are just as good as the originals. So, it was a big investment but I think it'll be worth it to have new controllers to go with my new AVS. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

There sure is, which is exactly why I just paid through the nose for two new controllers lol Thankfully for the Mega SG I was able to just get a couple 6 button official Genesis controllers from Retro-Bit for $15 each, which are identical to Sega's original controllers from the 90's in every respect, but there's not really any affordable options for new production NES  dogbone controllers that are just as good as the originals. So, it was a big investment but I think it'll be worth it to have new controllers to go with my new AVS. :)

I bet the AVS would be cool.

(Not to brag, mind you, hehe)..but did I tell you I have an Analogue NT Mini Noir on pre-order?  That's gonna be Neato!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

I bet the AVS would be cool.

(Not to brag, mind you, hehe)..but did I tell you I have an Analogue NT Mini Noir on pre-order?  That's gonna be Neato!

Oh that is gonna be awesome! 1080p HD and traditional analog outputs on the same system make the NT Mini a very, very cool system! It's a little out of my pay grade though so I'm cool with the 720p HDMI only AVS, especially now that there's an easy way to play my all time favorite light gun game, Hogan's Alley, on an HDTV! Discovering http://neslcdmod.com/ is actually what sold me on finally getting an AVS, since I always said I wouldn't go for a modern digital NES setup until it was possible to play Hogan's Alley on my HDTV :lol:

• Like 1

I used to own an N64 with about a dozen carts maybe 15 years ago, then sold it off when I moved overseas.  I think that system had some great games, so I've been looking through local ads or eBay for about three weeks.  Today I found a local retro game shop that is still open.  The guy has green tape on the floor for social distancing, wears gloves and mask, is constantly scrubbing everything down.  I felt like it was as safe as buying anything else these days, so I picked up a bundle with a console, a couple of original controllers in nice shape, and a couple of my favorite carts.

IMG_20200416_193914079_2.jpg

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, ls650 said:

I used to own an N64 with about a dozen carts maybe 15 years ago, then sold it off when I moved overseas.  I think that system had some great games, so I've been looking through local ads or eBay for about three weeks.  Today I found a local retro game shop that is still open.  The guy has green tape on the floor for social distancing, wears gloves and mask, is constantly scrubbing everything down.  I felt like it was as safe as buying anything else these days, so I picked up a bundle with a console, a couple of original controllers in nice shape, and a couple of my favorite carts.

Nice pickup, congrats! Goldeneye 007 and Perfect Dark are a couple of my favs.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

Discovering http://neslcdmod.com/ is actually what sold me on finally getting an AVS, since I always said I wouldn't go for a modern digital NES setup until it was possible to play Hogan's Alley on my HDTV :lol:

No way! This is awesome and thank you for mentioning it!! Now I just had to go buy a Tomee gun. :)

9 hours ago, ls650 said:

I picked up a bundle with a console, a couple of original controllers in nice shape, and a couple of my favorite carts.

Beetle Adventure Racing. Surprisingly great game for the N64. Solid pick-up!

Edited by ClassicGMR
  • Like 3

On 4/2/2020 at 11:50 AM, DarthCloud said:

Got a colecovison from ebay 71CAD counteroffer.

Power switch not working 100% but fair condition overall, missing one controller.

Probably paid too much for it I guess.

IMG_20200402_124201.jpg

If you're in the USA I'll take that Technic Space Shuttle off your hands to make up for the Colecovision's cost

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RJ said:

If you're in the USA I'll take that Technic Space Shuttle off your hands to make up for the Colecovision's cost

haha No way, best xmas gift ever, my mom made me do shores all summer for free and I had no birthday gift that year to get it for xmas, I think it was like 300$ around 97 or 98 IIRC

• Like 1

Today is the 30th birthday/anniversary/whatever of the release of Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Ken. I decided to celebrate its 30th birthday/anniversary/whatever by buying this, my first ever Famicom or NES game, exactly 30 years after its release. Hopefully there will be at least 30 more years of Fire Emblem!

Pic_0420_286.thumb.jpg.3e81174ec591d46aeeb3fcbbd5ee5b02.jpg

Also Golf Magazine Presents 36 Great Holes Starring Fred Couples for the exciting Sega Super 32X! This is by far the BEST GOLF GAME ON THE SUPER 32X and it has ABSOLUTELY NO COMPETITION!

If you love the exhilarating Super 32X, which you should, and golf, which I do not love, you definitely need this game. I don't know how much mega power it has, but it does have 36 great holes and Fred Couples, and that's all it needs.

Edited by Steven Pendleton