IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

I dropped some stimulus money on a workbench for the wife for her sewing and embroidery machines and I got myself my first new chair since I met her. 13 years in the same crappy office chair I paid $15 for at Salvation Army. Well today the FedEx delivery agent dropped off my KILLABEE Big and Tall Gaming Chair 8257 Gray. This is the most comfortable chair I have ever had and if it lasts as long as my crappy office chair did it will be well worth it. Got it on sale with a discount code for $199 shipped.

killabee-big-and-tall-game-chair-8257-gr

• Like 5

Finally picked up one of these for my collection and for actual use in testing 7800s that come through my hands. The box is worn, but the contents inside are pretty minty overall. And most importantly it all works fine in this '86 era made 7800.

supercharger.thumb.jpg.84f4ea9f8d25a8c231d358fc53385a8d.jpg

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Pic_0425_289.jpg

Sony usually had more appeasing aesthetics on most their products, generally having a smooth compact look yet practical and functional...Walkman, Discman, MiniDisc, Psx, etc...all except the PS2...that brick was ugly as shit.

1 hour ago, eddhell said:

Sony usually had more appeasing aesthetics on most their products, generally having a smooth compact look yet practical and functional...Walkman, Discman, MiniDisc, Psx, etc...all except the PS2...that brick was ugly as shit.

Yeah, the original PS2 is not especially attractive. I have the original one from launch at home in the States, but I use my PS3 here and for Japanese PS1 and PS2 games I have the tiny PS2, which is so tiny I worry I'll snap it in half just picking it up. I like the design of that one, though, just because of its tiny form factor compared to the original. It almost vaguely reminds me of the PC Engine or maybe even one of those mini consoles.

All types of MSX, including this type of MSX2+ that I got today, definitely have more functional designs, but I think this is one of the nicest looking MSX designs I have seen. It is REALLY damn heavy, though.

Edited by Steven Pendleton

12 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Yeah, the original PS2 is not especially attractive. I have the original one from launch at home in the States, but I use my PS3 here and for Japanese PS1 and PS2 games I have the tiny PS2, which is so tiny I worry I'll snap it in half just picking it up. I like the design of that one, though, just because of its tiny form factor compared to the original. It almost vaguely reminds me of the PC Engine or maybe even one of those mini consoles.

All types of MSX, including this type of MSX2+ that I got today, definitely have more functional designs, but I think this is one of the nicest looking MSX designs I have seen. It is REALLY damn heavy, though.

My last slim PS2 broke itself just by sitting by my TV... lol

Today is the 30th birthday of the SNK Neo Geo!!! Happy birthday Neo Geo! What better way to celebrate than to go to a video game store and buy a Neo Geo for the first time?

Pic_0426_293.thumb.jpg.ffdd18431ef17ff64cc62db8225c64ea.jpg

I also got Arrow Flash on the Mega Drive. I literally know nothing about this game at all other than that it exists and that it's apparently a shooter with a transforming mech thing judging by the back of the box. It does have a really cute girl and a mech on the cover, so that means it HAS to be really really damn good!

...right?

Pic_0426_291.thumb.jpg.533653abb3a9685bb20733c88bb86472.jpg

Finally, I got 3 games for the SuperGrafx that I picked up a few weeks ago. Only 2 more to go and I have the entire library! I did find the other 2 today, but 1941 Counter Attack was $850 and I decided to pass over Daimakaimura in favour of Aldynes because I always see Daimakaimura but rarely see Aldynes and both games were about the same price. By the way, it's written in katakana as オルディネス, so please don't call it "All Dines".

Pic_0426_292.thumb.jpg.1e259fbe90384c3166448d2d3a000118.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

My last slim PS2 broke itself just by sitting by my TV... lol

My parents actually killed our launch PS2 by knocking it off the 1 foot tall coffee table about a month after we got it. Totally broken. Sent it to Sony and they either fixed it or replaced it. Not sure if it's the same one we bought. Too bad I don't have a time machine so I can go back to December 2000 to check the serial number!

• Like 1

On 4/16/2020 at 2:08 PM, Skippy B. Coyote said:

It's been a while since I've done any retro gaming pickups posts, but today I got something pretty cool to share! This morning I purchased two brand new official NES dogbone controllers that have been sealed in their packaging since 1994, and I'm really excited to put them to good use with the RetroUSB AVS and EverDrive N8 that I'll be picking up next month! :D

uuuHEj8.jpg

The brand new NES dogbone controllers have arrived, and after 27 years in storage (according to the 1993 production date on the back) they've finally been opened up and are ready to plug into the RetroUSB AVS that I'll be picking up next month. It might be a sin to some collectors to have opened these puppies, but I just had to have some new controllers for the new system! :D

RvKaWu2.jpg

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Today is the 30th birthday of the SNK Neo Geo!!! Happy birthday Neo Geo! What better way to celebrate than to go to a video game store and buy a Neo Geo for the first time?

Pic_0426_293.thumb.jpg.ffdd18431ef17ff64cc62db8225c64ea.jpg

I also got Arrow Flash on the Mega Drive. I literally know nothing about this game at all other than that it exists and that it's apparently a shooter with a transforming mech thing judging by the back of the box. It does have a really cute girl and a mech on the cover, so that means it HAS to be really really damn good!

...right?

Pic_0426_291.thumb.jpg.533653abb3a9685bb20733c88bb86472.jpg

Finally, I got 3 games for the SuperGrafx that I picked up a few weeks ago. Only 2 more to go and I have the entire library! I did find the other 2 today, but 1941 Counter Attack was $850 and I decided to pass over Daimakaimura in favour of Aldynes because I always see Daimakaimura but rarely see Aldynes and both games were about the same price. By the way, it's written in katakana as オルディネス, so please don't call it "All Dines".

Pic_0426_292.thumb.jpg.1e259fbe90384c3166448d2d3a000118.jpg

Arrow Flash is pretty good! It plays a lot like the Thunder Force games (power ups work more like Gradius or Darius though) but it's a lot easier as you can just spam the special attack (there's an energy bar that depletes but it's rather easy to charge it back up) in mech mode (which makes you invincible) and can make some of the bosses way too easy. 

Edited by DragonGrafx-16

3 hours ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

Arrow Flash is pretty good! It plays a lot like the Thunder Force games (power ups work more like Gradius or Darius though) but it's a lot easier as you can just spam the special attack (there's an energy bar that depletes but it's rather easy to charge it back up) in mech mode (which makes you invincible) and can make some of the bosses way too easy. 

Yeah, it's good, but it's not Thunder Force/Gleylancer/Slap Fight MD. The graphics are plain, but they work and the music is decent to good for a 1990 release, but it did come after Thunder Force III. Still, Technosoft was one of the few third-party companies that knew how to use the YM2612 properly. This game will definitely kick your ass for a while since it's so fast compared to those games, but I got used to it quickly and the Arrow Flash is super broken in mech form. Interesting that the intro shows how you can basically insta-kill the first boss with the Arrow Flash. Hard mode takes away your continues, as well.

I had never heard of it until I went to Surugaya and saw it there. I'm guessing this is some kind of obscure game or something. They had it displayed so the front cover faced the customers and it really stands out among all of the other Japanese Mega Drive cover art. It's in like new condition, as well. Aside from the missing hagaki and a few small scratches on the back of the cart, you'd think it was brand new. 8800 yen is a cheap to average price for Japanese Mega Drive games (sadly), but it's still well over double the price of Thunder Force II MD or III and still a bit more expensive than Thunder Force IV.

1 minute ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Yeah, it's good, but it's not Thunder Force/Gleylancer/Slap Fight MD. The graphics are plain, but they work and the music is decent to good for a 1990 release, but it did come after Thunder Force III. Still, Technosoft was one of the few third-party companies that knew how to use the YM2612 properly. This game will definitely kick your ass for a while since it's so fast compared to those games, but I got used to it quickly and the Arrow Flash is super broken in mech form. Interesting that the intro shows how you can basically insta-kill the first boss with the Arrow Flash. Hard mode takes away your continues, as well.

I had never heard of it until I went to Surugaya and saw it there. I'm guessing this is some kind of obscure game or something. They had it displayed so the front cover faced the customers and it really stands out among all of the other Japanese Mega Drive cover art. It's in like new condition, as well. Aside from the missing hagaki and a few small scratches on the back of the cart, you'd think it was brand new. 8800 yen is a cheap to average price for Japanese Mega Drive games (sadly), but it's still well over double the price of Thunder Force II MD or III and still a bit more expensive than Thunder Force IV.

I paid like $25 for the the Genesis version (which has some of the most boring cover art) for my copy because the label was torn so badly that I printed a new label for it. I paid around $45 for a loose copy of Thunder Force III, but it's label was in much better condition. As for Thunder Force IV... I'll play it on Sega Saturn when my Psuedo Saturn cart gets here...