IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

32 minutes ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

I paid like $25 for the the Genesis version (which has some of the most boring cover art) for my copy because the label was torn so badly that I printed a new label for it. I paid around $45 for a loose copy of Thunder Force III, but it's label was in much better condition. As for Thunder Force IV... I'll play it on Sega Saturn when my Psuedo Saturn cart gets here...

Yeah, the box art really made it stand out among all of the other games. Pastel colors on a Japanese Mega Drive box is really unusual. You can get Thunder Force II MD and III for about 3000 yen each CIB here. Thunder Force IV is about 4500 yen cart only. I have seen Thunder Force IV CIB ranging from 4500 (yes, I found a CIB copy for the same price as cart only) to 11000 yen, but usually around 7500. I like Thunder Force III more than IV because I don't really like the vertical scrolling in IV. IV is still good, though.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

I hopped on the shop and bought one of the latest games from Arcade Archives, Tube Panic.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/arcade-archives-tube-panic-switch/&ved=2ahUKEwio3MeVkYrpAhWWAYgKHa__AksQFjAFegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw3z4zRvbQIHuPQ5wgGPVVdF

I also finally got VS. Super Mario Bros. 

Edited by Magmavision2000
  • Like 1

182663390_BeBallPCEngine.thumb.jpg.f0ca3d08e026a8f721f85cc17866cd59.jpg

Been a while since I bought a PC Engine game. This is Be Ball, a fun little action-puzzle game that I played 5 levels of in an emulator and liked it enough to buy the game. There's in game text that in Japanese but it's not really that important but the menus are in English so I'm good (the game over screen is in Japanese as well, but thankfully it defaults to continue). This will be the first PC Engine game I'll own that's not a shump or Bomberman. lol

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, eddhell said:

For a fighting game, looks like the cover of GQ magazine or the next season of The Bachelor...

lol I wrote about this over in the Neo Geo thread! Like it's a bunch of people chilling by a pool wearing suits! If I couldn't read the title and I didn't already know what it is there is no way I'd know it's a fighting game!

I just ordered a clear shell for my PC Engine (http://retrogamerestore.com/pce_case/index.php) and also Streets of Rage 4 for the Switch. Also ordered Panzer Dragoon Remake a while ago but forgot to mention it. I have spent way too much cash on games recently! Don't expect to see me here in this thread for at least another month when I get paid again!

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

Got these about 8 hours ago.

I preordered Sakura Wars just before Amazon USA stopped shipping stuff internationally. I guess it's time to actually stop being lazy and play Japanese games with Japanese text instead of importing localized versions.

PC Engine mini turbo controller sucks. I hate it. It has one of the worst d-pads I have ever used. Maybe it will break in and become not terrible, but I'll lose interest in the system before that happens and use my real SuperGrafx instead.

Pic_0501_310.jpg

1 hour ago, Atari_Bill said:

That is sweeet.  Love the design on those old machines. 

Thanks! You can kind of see the sheet-covered Space Invaders in the background. I've decided my new goal is to snag all the Midway 8080 machines, which will be a ridiculously long and probably expensive endeavor. LOL

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Thanks! You can kind of see the sheet-covered Space Invaders in the background. I've decided my new goal is to snag all the Midway 8080 machines, which will be a ridiculously long and probably expensive endeavor. LOL

Holy Shit! So it takes a plague to bring you back to the forum? Been way to long. Hope all is well with you :)

• Like 1

Just now, Shawn said:

Holy Shit! So it takes a plague to bring you back to the forum? Been way to long. Hope all is well with you :)

LOL, thank @Sauron for it, he dragged me back here (though not kicking and screaming!).

Things are good! I'm an attorney now, so that's pretty crazy. Graduate in 2 weeks but I'm already working under COVID emergency rules. Only took me....10 years to finally get off my ass and actually get around to doing it. Been halfway across the country and back now, permanently in Phoenix area.

Out of everything in all the moves, I've still kept all my Atari stuff so I've still got my kinda small-ish collection. Though I've moved to 70s arcade games as my new obsession....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

LOL, thank @Sauron for it, he dragged me back here (though not kicking and screaming!).

Things are good! I'm an attorney now, so that's pretty crazy. Graduate in 2 weeks but I'm already working under COVID emergency rules. Only took me....10 years to finally get off my ass and actually get around to doing it. Been halfway across the country and back now, permanently in Phoenix area.

Out of everything in all the moves, I've still kept all my Atari stuff so I've still got my kinda small-ish collection. Though I've moved to 70s arcade games as my new obsession....

Ya, you where working on becoming a lawyer last time we spoke a few years ago. Glad that all worked out and you are where you planned to be.  I told Roman you where on here right now. If you have not spoke to him yet, I'm more than sure he would like to hear from you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

These old machines really take me back to days at the county fair arcade tent. In the 70s that’s the only chance I had to experience these wonderful machines.