IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

Yay, I got a bad game in the mail!

Pic_0611_340.thumb.jpg.c225bfcaff9433a43d3ae0dd04234d93.jpg

This actually got here yesterday. Can't wait to leave it sealed and then see how much I can sell it for in 30 years! Unless it actually gets rereleased, of course. Not sure what's going on with this game right now, though. It takes a while for things to become valuable, and I'm patient enough to wait 20~30 years to see what happens with this one.

On 6/9/2020 at 3:06 AM, ClassicGMR said:

I LOVE the artwork! :)

I like the modernized 90s style artwork for some reason. I have the wall scroll as well. The Gleylancer reissue from last summer has the same thing going on. I thought that was a bootleg the first time I saw it, though...

For the Langrisser remakes, unfortunately, the new art in the game itself is not great. It's lifeless and generic and has a really made-of-plastic look to it. Not everything has art from 1991, you can't use the original sprites, and there are some newly illustrated scenes that you will miss if you use the old art because obviously that art didn't exist. Your choices are mismatched sprites + portraits + some characters that only have new art + lose the new CGs or to just use the new art. You can change the maps to use the original MD graphics, which is pretty interesting, but as I mentioned, you can't use the old sprites, so you get literal 1991 maps with new cheap mobile game-tier sprites. The map artwork can be changed independently from the portraits, as well, if you want to do that.

Still, the game plays well, is fun, and has nice music with lots of options if you get the music DLC, so overall it's very enjoyable.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
punctuation

4 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I like the modernized 90s style artwork for some reason. I have the wall scroll as well. The Gleylancer reissue from last summer has the same thing going on. I thought that was a bootleg the first time I saw it, though...

I bought this wall scroll back in 2016 just because I love the Oh! My Goddess anime. It still hangs in my game room to this day.

I like the artwork but for some reason the artwork shown on your Langrisser cover is just so much more awesome. I can't put my finger on why but I really like it. :)

• Like 1

On 6/7/2020 at 11:51 AM, Magmavision2000 said:

I decided to take a gamble and buy from a suspicious listing. I will update on what I got.

Screenshot_20200607-005128.thumb.png.b24996cbe317866105a1b4c5a584983f.png

Also, this will be the last physical game I buy until this stuff dies down. I haven't been finding good deals and importing stuff is too expensive due to [REDACTED].

Edit: The reason why I bought this is because I contacted the seller and she told me that she just mixed up the photos (which seems pretty hard to do), so I thought maybe she sold Super Pitfall with a Galaxian thumbnail. After looking through her entire sold list, I didn't find one Super Pitfall listing, and as a matter of fact, no Famicom cartridge listings either. So I'll keep you guys updated on if this is cursed or not when it gets here.

My cursed listing game got here. Turns out I got Galaxian after all! 1591984226799275920867490859394.thumb.jpg.5e96a85ed04546853a32ec9d56ca986b.jpgIt's pretty dirty, so I'll have to clean it off with some IPA, but other than that, it looks good! Fun fact: This is the most expensive Famicom I've bought, I've gotten most of my games for $3.

Edited by Magmavision2000
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Magmavision2000 said:

My cursed listing game got here. Turns out I got Galaxian after all! 1591984226799275920867490859394.thumb.jpg.5e96a85ed04546853a32ec9d56ca986b.jpgIt's pretty dirty, so I'll have to clean it off with some IPA, but other than that, it looks good! Fun fact: This is the most expensive Famicom I've bought, I've gotten most of my games for $3.

I got you beat with my $11 copy of Twinbee 3... but even that is cheap lol

• Like 1

Ya know,  I've always enjoyed a good game of Galaxian!   Whether arcade, Atari, Famicom etc.    Just a fun game to pick up and play, and I tend to associate it with 80's Arcades (this is a good thing I assure you.)...   I can't even remember where I first got it for the Famicom, prolly in a big lot of games where half of them were crappy baseball  games, and it's certainly on every other multicart I ever bought haha...

As for Super Pitfall, I've never played it.   (I can certainly try out the ROM on my Everdrive at any time though.)  I have an NES copy of it that came in a game lot and when I tried to play it even after a brisk cleaning, I could not get it to work...

• Like 1

On 4/26/2020 at 3:10 PM, cvga said:

Cool. Funny how the #1 on the front of the car is in the upright position for the box instead of for the car. I never noticed that before.

That's on actual racing cars so ppl trackside can read the number at their angle.

Edited by RJ
  • Like 1

Got my last package stock in Japan: Sega SG1000 II & Master System. Both with no hookup and only controller for the SG. Good amount of games including some my card for both SG & mark 3. Both listing AS-IS but they both work fine! This pretty much complete my home console collection. Probably got a few years worth of modding and cleaning ahead with all I got this spring (coleco, intellivision, CDI, PCFX, AES, SG, SMS).

Good I got the SG, cause the palette on SMS for SG games are way more off than I expected!!

IMG_20200613_105118.jpg

MVIMG_20200613_112158.jpg

IMG_20200613_112507.jpg

Edited by DarthCloud
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, The angry princess said:

Hi I got this all for free today the old couple I got from said it all works. Just some of the floppys games need cleaning. Good find ? Just wondering how to set it all up on the tv lol 

20200617_112127.jpg

20200617_112137.jpg

20200617_112152.jpg

20200617_112428.jpg

20200617_112144.jpg

I love this thread.

I hate this thread.

Lol, that's ridiculous, VERY high on my "want list", which is small as I have most every console made, at least.

Super Jealous, but glad for you, that's awesome!!!

I think I might have a problem, my collection is already quite large and then I went and bought this lot off a guy locally ...

Everything works except the 64 breadbin in the box, one of the loose 64c, and the 1541-II drive.  Also the seller didn't have a power supply for the Commodore 4 Plus, so it's an unknown, but I didn't even know the 4 Plus was in the lot until it picked it up. Of the 3 boxed machines, all the serial numbers match their boxes.

I got the whole lot for $800 CAD, that's about $575 USD.  It's alot of money, but well worth it IMO.

Cheers

IMG_20200618_112134.jpg

IMG_20200618_112152.jpg

IMG_20200618_112157.jpg

• Like 5

Nowhere near the quantity of some of the stuff on here(Gosh, I want a Commodore or Atari PC sooo badly....), but important to me-

My Beamrider came today!!!

Really haven't been collecting/into Atari too long, had casually picked up stuff here and there-a big box from ZilchSr a few months back really stepped it up, I decided to find them all, ha!

Cosmic Commuter and H.E.R.O. were obviously tough, Rampage and Double Dragon were also a couple of the last few I got, but it's done, 44/44 loose Activision carts, I am definitely tickled!

Have a few more to go on the CIB's, but surprisingly few, about ten or so, so we'll get that one done soon...

Got lucky, the cart is in great shape!!!

This thread really motivated me to get this done, glad I stumbled on it, Thanks All!!!

Beamrider.jpg

• Like 5

On 6/16/2020 at 9:38 PM, Evanlor said:

My newest - big deal to me.  Still can't get a bead on exactly how rare this label version is.

Evan

It's not rare at all. Maybe a R3 or so with not much monetary value as a loose cart with a damaged label. The Ready Player 1 price boost all copies of Adventure, no matter the flavor be it Atari, Sears, Text or Picture, is gone and was a total load of crap in the first place.

• Like 1