IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

I received a couple of 8Bitdo 2.4G wireless gamepads.

~The Story Thus Far~

I've had very bad luck with 8Bitdo in the past.  The dpads were awful on their original run of bluetooth controllers for SNES/NES, but I had read good things about the 8Bitdo M30 2.4G gamepad for the Megadrive.  I ended up getting an M30 and it is indeed a great gamepad that I even prefer at times to the original 6-button MD gamepad.

With that positive experience in mind, I purchased an 8Bitdo SN30 2.4G (SFC) a while back.  The dpad issues were resolved and it seemed great... until the "right" directional of the dpad began failing.  It would require more and more pressure to activate, which made playing games impossible.

Hoping that I just had some bad luck and got a defective unit, I decided to order another SN30 2.4G, and while I was at it, I also ordered their N30 2.4G NES style gamepad... and both arrived yesterday.

~Impressions~

- The SN30 2.4G works fine so far, but I'm noticing a possible issue with the dpad, where moving down and then quickly right sometimes doesn't register.  It might just need breaking in, but it's a bad sign indeed.

- The N30 2.4G seems perfectly fine so far, which is a relief, but I also have the excellent RetroUSB wireless NES controller so this controller is more of an alternative when I want something that feels a bit closer to the old NES controller.

• Like 2

On 9/4/2020 at 5:37 PM, 4300 said:

Stopped by goodwill expecting to find nothing and actually walked away with an $80 game for 2 bucks.  I can't remember the last time I found anything decent at goodwill

20200904_173546.jpg

Lucky!

Every time I find a game in a Goodwill, some asshole has stolen the disc/cart out of the game case.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Omega-TI said:

A beige TI-99/4A (similar to the one pictured below) of which I will take possession of on the 18th. 

BeigeTI.thumb.png.56dd2ebd498079104ba74998028d5720.png

I have the black and silver model. I have never this this flavor before. It looks pretty cool. I had a lot of fun with this computer! Mostly for it's games like Parsec, Munchman, Car Wars and Hunt the Wompus!

I've bought/received SO MUCH CRAP since I was last in here that I don't want to bother listing it all, partially since I forgot what all I've gotten, so I won't. Instead, I'll just cover one purchase that I made. One of my friends is moving and had unwanted systems, so I bought

Japanese Mega Drive

Japanese Mega Drive 2

SJ-3500

SJ-6000

1CHIP SFC (we think. the screws are insanely hard to remove for some reason and I haven't tried to open it since the other day)

SFC modem

official Nintendo SFC RGB cable

Saturn (white)

Saturn multi-controller (CIB)

Japanese 60GB PS3

Framemeister (well, I actually got this from him shortly before this, but...)

from him.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I've bought/received SO MUCH CRAP since I was last in here that I don't want to bother listing it all, partially since I forgot what all I've gotten, so I won't. Instead, I'll just cover one purchase that I made. One of my friends is moving and had unwanted systems, so I bought

Japanese Mega Drive

Japanese Mega Drive 2

SJ-3500

SJ-6000

1CHIP SFC (we think. the screws are insanely hard to remove for some reason and I haven't tried to open it since the other day)

SFC modem

official Nintendo SFC RGB cable

Saturn (white)

Saturn multi-controller (CIB)

Japanese 60GB PS3

Framemeister (well, I actually got this from him shortly before this, but...)

from him.

You might want to think about some sort of liquid cooling solution for that PS3.

On 9/15/2020 at 5:48 AM, SegaDude said:

I have the black and silver model. I have never this this flavor before. It looks pretty cool. I had a lot of fun with this computer! Mostly for it's games like Parsec, Munchman, Car Wars and Hunt the Wompus!

Yes, my << main system >> is a black and silver model, but now that color matched 3D printed sidecars are available, I had to get the beige number.

Found Mad Stalker for the Mega Drive today. Massive thanks to @-^CrossBow^- for telling me this exists! If you hadn't said anything, I would either never have known or found out too late and missed it completely!

Pic_0922_413.thumb.jpg.b18fff92783c03ad42bfe4f4e3c186a1.jpg

Unfortunately, this has the logo of Columbus Circle on it, so if they made the cart themselves like they did with their rerelease of Gleylancer last year, the cart is bound to be crap. That reissue of Gleylancer also does not work in the Mega Sg on the latest firmware, so I hope this does, but I can put it in my MD instead if it doesn't.