IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

I've been playing a lot of 2600 lately, and decided to shop around the local game shops to make some additions to the collection recently and these are the pickups.  I've enjoyed all of them to some extent, but my favorite has been Pitfall II. Didn't have this one as a kid, and holy crap, what a great game. Shouts out to Frostbite, Kung Fu Master and Tron Deadly Discs as well. The latter is a lot like Berserk, and that is always a good thing.

20201012-125117.jpg

• Like 5

Pretty happy about these-the Starmaster completes my set of those.

Honestly don't have a clue, but I think the coffee cup is "old". DRM to me, I like it. :)

The Skylab letter was essentially a gift from the seller, Joe, he found it about the same time I had told him I was into "space rocks" and stuff, so he was compelled to send it-I'm not a "price guide" kinda Guy, more "Wow, that's cool!" one, but I have to imagine that letter is a pretty big rarity!

The piece of Skylab was, unfortunately, long gone, but such is life-I'd rather have the letter.

:D

stuff.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Take a whiff of my bootleg, baby!

large.20201016_200105.jpg.97f195aba36b62b860cc63bfdb3cc1cf.jpg

A grip of bootleg famicom carts I picked up at work today, and a Honeybee adapter to play em on the NES.  I am totally fascinated by the black market forces that cause these things to exist (I also collect bootleg records). Anyone have any info on these (or at least what market they were originally made for)?

Edited by Jorbus
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Jorbus said:

A grip of bootleg famicom carts I picked up at work today, and a Honeybee adapter to play em on the NES.  I am totally fascinated by the black market forces that cause these things to exist (I also collect bootleg records). Anyone have any info on these (or at least what market they were originally made for)?

Not sure where they came from.  I always think China, HK, Thailand, Malaysia etc.  but I'm no authority. 

I used to collect lots of Famicom Games all the time though, and they generally look like this, give or take.  One thing I don't specifically remember is seeing carts with the word Apollo or seeing that half an Audi logo haha!   But the good news is that half of those games are not baseball which usually happens,  and no tile games and no pachinko games so you are way ahead of the curve! That LB16 is TwinBee...And that's probably Donkey Kong, or Donkey Kong Junior, but sometimes that will be Super Mario Bros. there in the corner, and it looks like Bomberman, and Ninja-kun Ma-jō no Bōken errr Ninja Kid...No idea what that one with the pig is.  And Lunar Ball/Lunar Pool is one of my all time Favorites!   Maybe it's not as Great as Deadly Towers or Faxanadu, but I think it was way more fun than it had any right to be.  Have fun!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jorbus said:

Hey, they actually spelled the Japanese title for Tetris correctly!

• Haha 1

Well, I didn't exactly buy these.  They were given to me by my sister and brother in law.  He used to work at EB Games back some 15 or more years ago and they were going to throw these out in the dumpster.  He saved them from a certain doom.  They have been in their garage ever since as they intended to give them to me but they just got lost in the shuffle.

The Saturn cleaned up pretty nice after I got all of the coffee out of it.  It works well too, reading a Virtua Fighter 2 disc that I thought for sure was a goner.  Initially there was an issue recognizing the controller, but it was just dirty contacts and after cleaning them and inserting the cord a couple times, voila!

The Nomad is not as easily rehabbed. It is suffering from a very scratched up screen and will need a recap to work properly.  I may have this one converted to a modern LCD as well.  Need to talk to Crossbow about this one.

20201017_212339.thumb.jpg.b28571cda141d6a3be7f7b510a0d849d.jpg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, joeatari1 said:

Well, I didn't exactly buy these.  They were given to me by my sister and brother in law.  He used to work at EB Games back some 15 or more years ago and they were going to throw these out in the dumpster.  He saved them from a certain doom.  They have been in their garage ever since as they intended to give them to me but they just got lost in the shuffle.

The Saturn cleaned up pretty nice after I got all of the coffee out of it.  It works well too, reading a Virtua Fighter 2 disc that I thought for sure was a goner.  Initially there was an issue recognizing the controller, but it was just dirty contacts and after cleaning them and inserting the cord a couple times, voila!

The Nomad is not as easily rehabbed. It is suffering from a very scratched up screen and will need a recap to work properly.  I may have this one converted to a modern LCD as well.  Need to talk to Crossbow about this one.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

Just in case you don't know, Mobius Strip Tech's Nomad Triple Bypass board has been discontinued, so if you want to get your Nomad all modernized and get CD audio and stuff, don't wait because you might miss it!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, joeatari1 said:

That makes you wonder just how much stuff like this gets tossed to the curb. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Asaki said:

Probably Pooyan.

Oh that could be!

I had this one that I bought as "Unknown game" on eBay;  And it had a goth dude with a skull for a head and bat wings on the cover...Turned out to be a Batman game!   (Not what I was expecting,  but I was up for some randomness!)

• Haha 1

I really really REALLY hate myself sometimes.

Pic_1018_437.thumb.jpg.b15bd9572c0eee5eb744f6034e227038.jpg

Pic_1018_438.thumb.jpg.92e75d3242b6d63aa6e694dcc5b0cdc6.jpg

Time to go on a diet for the rest of the month...

At least I have now completed the entire SuperGrafx library.

I do the same thing with 2600 games these days except I’m not even close to having a complete collection. Congrats!

I looked up that game 1941 counter attack. That’s quite a finish to an expensive collection.

2 hours ago, adamchevy said:

I do the same thing with 2600 games these days except I’m not even close to having a complete collection. Congrats!

I looked up that game 1941 counter attack. That’s quite a finish to an expensive collection.

Thanks. 1941 Counter Attack is the only real problem with getting a complete SuperGrafx collection. Everything else is under $200, including the SuperGrafx itself, here in Japan. I wasn't actually planning on getting this game now; I was actually saving for Garou: Mark of the Wolves for Neo Geo, but Analogue announced the Duo, so I figure that PC Engine games are about to increase in price. The guy working at the store where I bought these games was said the same thing when we were talking.

Anyway, this is the only library I'll ever complete, I think. With 2600, you have a whole lot more games than the SuperGrafx's 5 titles, and then stuff like Air Raid exists...

• Like 2

More work acquisitions from the past few days....

large.20201018_210754.jpg.5dfbd9b7c12bc387a8c477b96aad4d32.jpgpicked up  copies of Swordquest: Earthworld and Fireworld with the manuals and comics. Both are in EA branded SNES clamshells for some unknown reason. Also a loose cart of Crystal Castles.

large.20201018_210621.jpg.82a03307541d183fb89bf3b169afed4f.jpg

And a Ricochet pong clone by Microelectronic Systems Corp. Weird thing is the power converter we had bundled with it is a light grey Atari branded one I have never seen before. It says Made in Japan on it, unlike my other VCS power converter that says Made in Taiwan.

Edited by Jorbus
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Anyway, this is the only library I'll ever complete, I think. With 2600, you have a whole lot more games than the SuperGrafx's 5 titles, and then stuff like Air Raid exists...

Congrats to you on completing the library! I'm not sure, but I think the Super Grafx might be, per capita, the most expensive library to complete.