IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

I went on vacation recently with $2000 I had saved up. With everything "tourist-y" closed and a couple of good Funspot Bingo wins we came back with $1400. I purchased a GCHD MK-II HDMI adapter and a GCLoader (which I admit I eBay purchased but his website never has them in stock)!

Anyway... My GameCube is now officially awesome! :)

And to "pre-answer" the inevitable question - I like EON products and they work well for me. I stick with what I like and know. :)

Edited by ClassicGMR
weird random characters deleted
  • Like 3

I bought a $20 Mayflash adapter (not recently) so I could use my WiiU controller with the Switch. No rumble for whatever reason, but otherwise works great. There's even a hotkey to change the deadzone, to combat joystick drift.

The only annoyance is that Windows gets pretty confused when I try to re-sync it to the computer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluejay said:

@The Mr. Video I thought the 4 player adapter was only for the original gameboy? Or did they make special cables/adapters for use with the pocket/color?

The adaptor in the picture is a regular 4 player adaptor with the classic link cable plug at the end. I don't think they ever made a 4 player adaptor with the pocket link cable plug.

10 hours ago, Asaki said:

Yes.

Pretty sure they made official ones? But ours are all third party ones like this:

s-l1600.jpg

I think I had that exact cable but in green. It seems there are only 19 games that support 4 players, but it's still interesting to think of a 1989 handheld having support for 4 players, even if you have to buy some extra stuff and find 3 other people that all have a Game Boy and the game to do it.

• Like 2

On 11/11/2020 at 6:00 PM, Keatah said:

It's on its way. actually. But it's just a bog-standard //e motherboard. I figure for the price it couldn't beat it even if it is untested. They're easy to fix.

Is there some aspect of a //e motherboard you need to see or examine?

No, I'd just like to see a picture of any piece of hardware you claim to own.

In other news, I bought a Nintendo Wii and a copy of Skyward Sword. Planning to buy a copy of Twilight Princess and a nunchuck too.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bluejay said:

Planning to buy a copy of Twilight Princess and a nunchuck too.

I wasn't a fan of the Wii version, but the GameCube release is probably a bit pricey by now, I imagine.

The WiiU HD port could've been better too...I kept having issues with the controls, but I can't remember if the original game was like that too, or not.

1 hour ago, Asaki said:

I wasn't a fan of the Wii version, but the GameCube release is probably a bit pricey by now, I imagine.

The WiiU HD port could've been better too...I kept having issues with the controls, but I can't remember if the original game was like that too, or not.

I thought the Wii version was supposed to be more refined than the Gamecube version... Does motion control kill it? And yeah, the GC version is around $70-90 while the Wii version is $10-30.