IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

11 minutes ago, 4300 said:

I see Sinbad pop up for sale locally pretty often and it's usually pretty cheap.  I may have to consider picking one up.

I paid $800 for mine and I dont regret it a bit. It was the best selling Gottlieb game for a reason!

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 6:02 PM, 4300 said:

My local stores haven't even gotten wave 2 yet.  I've been looking for scare glow and man-e- faces for a while. 

I'm not sure if my store got Wave 2 or not. If they did it was instantly gone as I never saw anything from Wave 2 at all. I know a guy on the He-Man forums that will trade me an Orko for either Roboto or She-Ra so I'm gonna check again tonight. Odds of anything being left is about zero but it's worth a try. The secondary market on these things are being total vultures at double and triple retail. That is a game I just won't play.

I'm not paying $30 or $40 dollars for a $15 figure that is still new to retail. I'm hoping this problem goes away in Feb when Wal-Mart no longer has the exclusivity on the Origins line. Only thing that sucks is even when they loose the stranglehold the flocked Panthor is still a Wally exclusive :x

35 minutes ago, bluejay said:

happy 3.7L V6 noises

But seriously, how come you didn't wait for the 400z?

This was too good of a deal to pass up. My Camry getting totaled and needing a new car ASAP probably helped too.

Ironically the listing for it was wrong, and it actually has 12k less miles than they said.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

This was too good of a deal to pass up. My Camry getting totaled and needing a new car ASAP probably helped too.

Ironically the listing for it was wrong, and it actually has 12k less miles than they said.

I was never a big fan of Nissans, but I'd always make an exception for a Z. That is one sweet ride!

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 6:01 PM, 4300 said:

Actually,  I did.  No one else on the house will play,  unfortunately. 

I have played it 2 player by myself at times with a gun in each hand. I call it John Woo style :P

In MOTU related news, A dude on the he-man forum is selling me an Orko for cost plus shipping. :)

Now I'm only waiting on the flocked Panthor and I have all I want from Origins.

bs474ylnw1361.thumb.jpg.1b7861b1b7884dfcc750f2e485167d82.jpg

• Like 3

@TrekMD

I love the RetroUSB gamepad, it will be interesting to hear your thoughts after trying it.  It took me a (very) short while to get used to the clicky dpad and overall shape of the controller, but I find it to be very comfortable now.  The dpad is also extremely accurate and feels wonderful when playing games with 8-way movement (horizontal shooters are a great test).

• Thanks 1

By chance I found this 26" RCA CRT on the curb. I gave it a once over and noticed it had a component port so I felt obligated to save if from the trash.

I carried it a half block home (which felt like a mile).

It was covered in about an inch of snow so after wiping it down and drying it off as best I could I let it sit for a few days to dry out.

When I finally turned it on there was a loud buzzing that faded away after about 3-4 minutes of use. The image looks good.

Now, a few more days later the buzzing is completely gone and the sound is working perfectly. Resilient self healing 17 year old tech!

The screen is just a wee bit off center and I don't know if I can do anything about that. Maybe I can find a service code that might let me tweak it but I don't have the original remote.

Regardless I'm happy with this find.

rca-tube-tv-01.jpg

rca-tube-tv-02.jpg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, GoldLeader said:

I got mine too!   It's bad as Hell isn't it?  

Yeah, it's definitely a nice system for sure! Best part is that it can power the other Analogue systems with its USB thingy! You know your video game system is badass when it can even power other video game systems!

Had some issues getting that 8 BIT XMAS 2017 cart working properly, some of it related to the cart slot, I think, but it seems to work fine otherwise! I finally got to play that Fire Emblem I bought way back on April 20th to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Fire Emblem (and partially my own birthday, as I'm exactly 13 days older than Fire Emblem is), as well. I played for 18 minutes and then I somehow managed to get Marth killed... oops. I don't remember its remake on the DS being that easy to get a game over in...

I think the cart's battery might be either dead or it got replaced, as both save files are blank. Have to actually try saving and then power cycling to find out!

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1