IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

11 hours ago, DidSomeoneSayAtari? said:

It's been a few days since I bought any carts. This one was too nice to pass up.

IMG_2232.thumb.jpg.1549e6318941b3d71e863886d23d9a3d.jpg

As an edgy kid back in the day, I just had to love this game! It was like 2.5D space invaders; fantastic game.

Amazing how well the Fox cartridges have physically held up compared to the Activision ones. Activision could have borrowed some of Fox's glue scientists.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, ClassicGMR said:

I love GEARS. My favorite XBox franchise.

Never played it before, I just wanted Rare Replay :) It's been selling pretty cheap on eBay, and I figured since this particular copy was two games instead of just one, I'd throw a couple extra dollars into my max bid.

If I don't like GoW, the GF will probably play it.

It's really messing with my head that MS decided to build the cases backwards. I flipped the insert around to "fix" it, waiting to see if anyone notices... ¬_¬

...and annoyingly, it's both discs on one spindle. :x

12 minutes ago, SegaDude said:

Love it! Where did you get it? The only place I know to look is play-asia. Doesn't appear to be available right now.

Amazon Japan.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/セガ-アストロシティミニ/dp/B08CDYVRZW/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_ja_JP=カタカナ&crid=1X7WS7J6934SI&dchild=1&keywords=sega+astro+city+mini&qid=1608267969&sprefix=sega+a%2Caps%2C270&sr=8-1

It's pretty decent so far, even if it's a bit small. Go check out my wall of text in the Astro City Mini thread if you want to read my first impressions of it!

Edited by Steven Pendleton
URL
  • Like 1

On 12/18/2020 at 12:05 AM, Steven Pendleton said:

Amazon Japan.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/セガ-アストロシティミニ/dp/B08CDYVRZW/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_ja_JP=カタカナ&crid=1X7WS7J6934SI&dchild=1&keywords=sega+astro+city+mini&qid=1608267969&sprefix=sega+a%2Caps%2C270&sr=8-1

It's pretty decent so far, even if it's a bit small. Go check out my wall of text in the Astro City Mini thread if you want to read my first impressions of it!

Thanks very much for the link. I read your impressions and I ended up ordering it. Most of the games included are incredible. Very excited to play it.

How do credits work? Can you credit feed each game until you beat it or is there something like a home mode like the Neo Geo?

Got some cartridges today.

Pic_1220_501.thumb.jpg.109c4b4e93dbd92aeca4b412dc7c1736.jpg

16 minutes ago, SegaDude said:

Thanks very much for the link. I read your impressions and I ended up ordering it. Most of the games included are incredible. Very excited to play it.

How do credits work? Can you credit feed each game until you beat it or is there something like a home mode like the Neo Geo?

Yeah, you can credit feed the thing. There is a coin button on there. Be sure to get the controller if you didn't and don't have the Japanese MD Mini controller already.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 4

Well, I'm the overall scoreboard leader on SMS at another site, playing on Genesis, via flashcart, figured it was time to get a real one!!!

I'm not a professional collector, don't know grading and stuff, but it really seems to have barely ever been taken out of the styrofoam!

SMS2.jpg

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, Rogerpoco said:

Well, I'm the overall scoreboard leader on SMS at another site, playing on Genesis, via flashcart, figured it was time to get a real one!!!

I'm not a professional collector, don't know grading and stuff, but it really seems to have barely ever been taken out of the styrofoam!

SMS2.jpg

Nice! The only NES-gen console I like! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Nice! The only NES-gen console I like! 

Truly-kinda lifelong casual gamer, started playing for high scores over at TG, MAME Burgertime, wound up revisiting systems from my past.

The NES was really the system I played the most, "came into my own", teenager staying up all night, and tho I love it, I truly do, I just don't much "like" it anymore.

Not being critical of it, strokes and folks, and again, I'm an "NES Kid", by all rights, but I just don't really spend much time on it.

Really looking forward to further exploring the SMS library, a flashcart is certainly in the works soon!

11 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Got some cartridges today.

Pic_1220_501.thumb.jpg.109c4b4e93dbd92aeca4b412dc7c1736.jpg

Yeah, you can credit feed the thing. There is a coin button on there. Be sure to get the controller if you didn't and don't have the Japanese MD Mini controller already.

I didn't order the controller. I don't like the look of it and I felt I was spending enough for just the unit. I do like the look of the big joystick but it feels over the top for a mini console.

If they don't work now I'm hoping that someone will hack the Astro City Mini to work with Retro-bit USB joysticks.

You've been busy! I'd love a GBA flash cart someday. What a handheld!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rogerpoco said:

SMS2.jpg

Don't worry about Grading. It's not for people who play their games and it will break the bank.

What you have does look to be in very nice shape. Plastic cases for the win! I love Sega for doing this. It's not too hard to find good condition Master System and Genesis games in this condition.

And the design for the Master System console still looks really nice!

What are some of the SMS games you're topping the charts for?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SegaDude said:

Don't worry about Grading. It's not for people who play their games and it will break the bank.

What you have does look to be in very nice shape. Plastic cases for the win! I love Sega for doing this. It's not too hard to find good condition Master System and Genesis games in this condition.

And the design for the Master System console still looks really nice!

What are some of the SMS games you're topping the charts for?

TBH, almost exclusively Ayrton, as there are many tracks, and I have scores on NTSC and PAL versions of the game, haha!

Also California Games, Olympic Gold, tbh just "nickeled and dimed" my way to the top of the leaderboard, I'm not a "special" gamer, just a stubborn knucklehead with climbing the charts(I'm top 5 on a dozen systems, leader on several).

On the Ayrton, I actually have a new competitor from Brazil, Ulisses-he is REALLY good, we are slowly getting faster and faster-he is inherently "better" at this point, but I am learning from him, inadvertently helping him when I "mistakenly" go faster, we are Friends, and kinda cooperating to see how fast we can push the timer.

I've played the 16 bit Ayrton and SMGP a lot, serious competitor there(I do a lot of 16 bit racers, SNES/Genesis), and have pretty much the max possible times on most of the tracks, couple years work, haha, so we'll get the SMS times where they should be soon!!!

I am looking forward to playing it with the real SMS pad very much, it might help me catch him some, sometimes different d-pads respond differently.

Thanks for the question!!!

• Like 1