IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

On 3/11/2021 at 1:34 AM, Skippy B. Coyote said:

It's been a long while since I've had any pickups to share, what with the whole pandemic putting a major damper on my desire to go out and hunt around used game stores for cool games, but I do have 3 pretty awesome recent hardware acquisitions to share!

First up is a Hori Fighting Stick Multi that I scored from an eBay seller in Japan a couple weeks ago. It's a microswitched arcade stick with cables that allow it to work with the Sega Genesis (and Atari 2600), Super Nintendo, and PC Engine! So pretty much all the popular 16-bit era consoles other than the Neo Geo, and I gotta say it's the finest arcade stick I've ever had the pleasure of using for any of the systems it supports. The price tag was a little lofty, but totally worth it to have an outstanding quality stick for 3 of my favorite consoles! :D

Once you have had more of a chance to use it, I'd like to hear more. It might be something I keep my eye on once I recover from a recent laptop purchase. That price tag is a little lofty but not the most expensive thing I have or almost have pulled the trigger on either.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Asaki said:

Oh neat, I have a pair of those "joysticks".

I don't think I've ever tried them, they scare me.

Oh cool... Do you have a Channel F too, or are you referring to the Zircon video command joysticks?  They were the same style as the Channel F console joysticks, but work with the Atari 2600.

If you are willing to sell or trade them, I might be in the market soon.  Ive heard the internals of these joysticks are similar to the ones built into the Channel F.  There might be something wrong with the joystick(s) in my unit, so it is possible I'll be looking for a Zircon joystick for parts.

19 hours ago, BDW said:

Good lord that's a handsome sign. I need one of those to put above my Gottlieb pins.

It's not that great as a standalone neon for the wall,  but I think it'll look pretty good as a topper. I'll rig up a better mount...

20210315_174529.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 4300 said:

It's not that great as a standalone neon for the wall,  but I think it'll look pretty good as a topper. I'll rig up a better mount...

I thought the sign would be bigger.

Still jealous of that Devils Dare btw ;)

• Like 2

22 hours ago, CaptainBreakout said:

...are you referring to the Zircon video command joysticks?  They were the same style as the Channel F console joysticks, but work with the Atari 2600.

Oh yes, probably. They were bundled with my heavy sixer. I should probably check to see if they even work...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 4300 said:

20210315_174529.jpg

Okay, I've only ever seen a few pictures of this game, and I have to admit I previously dismissed it, despite loving Gottlieb System 80s. 

But, I have to say... that looks WAY hot!!! 

Dang son. Count me jealous too!

*EdiT*... I know this is pretty cheesy, but what if you put something like this BEHIND the Gottlieb sign?

483141247_FauxFireplaceLEDPlasticLantern.thumb.jpg.28f06c2c0248f90d49096ef6a3c660d8.jpg

Link for the product

Edited by CaptainBreakout
I love designing pinball toppers, can't help myself.
  • Like 2

On 3/16/2021 at 1:58 AM, CaptainBreakout said:

Okay, I've only ever seen a few pictures of this game, and I have to admit I previously dismissed it, despite loving Gottlieb System 80s. 

483141247_FauxFireplaceLEDPlasticLantern.thumb.jpg.28f06c2c0248f90d49096ef6a3c660d8.jpg

It doesn't get the same love as the other early system 80 games,  but it's a lot of fun.  It's surprisingly challenging and punishes you for imprecise shots. And the theme is awesome. 

• Like 2

I didn't get these today, but they are from the past couple days. So, I hope that's recent enough.

20210318_182527.thumb.jpg.e26748eb38999cdcfc4aa4e795eef18e.jpg

I purchased this lot of stuff on Thursday. The game store at the mall I usually go to was rather pathetic in terms of selection. I didn't buy anything there. However, the other game store in that town had much more to choose from. There are some nice Atari games here, including Moon Patrol which is one of my favorites. Also got the funny fish.

20210319_194341.thumb.jpg.81699ba74c132f00f68dff67c31793fe.jpg

And these are the games I got yesterday. Well, actually my dad bought these two for me, but that doesn't really matter. Apparently, my parents had found another location for that game store in a different city. And it turns out they actually had something rather desirable, a copy of Motor Psycho! And yes, this is the much harder to find NTSC version. It probably could have been cheaper, but I'd still say this is a pretty lucky find. It's sadly missing the end label, but that's not too big of a deal to me. The label itself is still in great condition. So, I'm still satisfied with it. I'm also glad to finally have a copy of Galaxian, which is one of the best versions of that game IMO.

• Like 5

20210320_182324.thumb.jpg.acaacda79f46368fb59bfeae96697abd.jpg

Went on a 5 hour road trip to pick up this very fairly priced Revenge from Mars. This was one of my all time favs growing up. I managed to get this one in the basement by myself. It somehow felt even heavier than my Haunted House. The head was a pain in the ass to remove, but thankfully it had an LCD in it or else it would be nigh impossible for me to move it myself.

• Like 6

Over the last several days picked up about 12 or so Apple II manuals published by Apple. The glossy cover ones with spiral bounding. Been eyeing filling out my documentation cache for some time, but just now came across copies in excellent condition for cheap.

There's more to go. But I won't overpay, like $80, for them. Early on in the dot-com era I just might have. But not today. Back then this sort of stuff was destined for landfill, today it's enthusiast material. Not collector's material, but enthusiast material.

Anyhow, when I look out over the vast swath of Apple II material I accumulated, I'm happy to be away from the high-pressure gotta-buy-it-NOW or forever miss out on it type mentality. No pressure spending hours and days searching for one item that may be in shoddy shape while being overpriced.

Edited by Keatah
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1