IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

On 4/3/2021 at 3:44 AM, CaptainBreakout said:

Another thing I like about this is simple: Guest appeal! ...  Really?  Yes.    But, to WHO?!?

Yeah, I don't think they expected games like that to still be played more than a year or two later :)

I don't think anyone would complain if the Atari collections left that kind of stuff out, but they've got the rights to it, and it makes good filler..."includes 80 games" looks really good on the packaging :D

• Like 1

Cool, I got a thing today! Now I can illegally play 6 garbage games on mostly real hardware!

Pic_0405_630.thumb.jpg.f35c0e15c8b9c2e31290d6e401f26143.jpg

A few weeks ago Earthworm Jim 2: Fight the Fish! showed up. I finally read it yesterday and it was pretty good. I think I liked this one more than the first one, but I still find it really weird to think of Earthworm Jim as an actual character outside of the context of the games he's been in, and no, the cartoon does not count. I still am not sure how these new comics fit in with the games' stories, or if they even do at all, but whatever. Any day spent with Earthworm Jim is a good day except for when it isn't.

Pic_0405_631.thumb.jpg.d7418589ced1c8b90ad9ada67bcfbcdc.jpg

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Cool, I got a thing today! Now I can illegally play 6 garbage games on mostly real hardware!

Pic_0405_630.thumb.jpg.f35c0e15c8b9c2e31290d6e401f26143.jpg

I'm a little confused.  I don't understand exactly what this thing does (even after reading the https://mobiusstriptechnologies.com/product/msdexp/  website)

I get that you can plug it into the Sega expansion port, and I guess it's intended to be used for the MegaCD from Terraonion.  But... um why exactly?  If you have a 32x, can't you just plop the MegaCD cart into the 32x?

Sorry, maybe I should direct this question to mobiusstriptechnologies, but if anyone here wants to enlighten me on the nuances of this strange adaptor, and why I'd want it, I'm all ears  (I just got a working 32x, so I'm keyed into this and wondering about it.)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, CaptainBreakout said:

I'm a little confused.  I don't understand exactly what this thing does (even after reading the https://mobiusstriptechnologies.com/product/msdexp/  website)

I get that you can plug it into the Sega expansion port, and I guess it's intended to be used for the MegaCD from Terraonion.  But... um why exactly?  If you have a 32x, can't you just plop the MegaCD cart into the 32x?

Sorry, maybe I should direct this question to mobiusstriptechnologies, but if anyone here wants to enlighten me on the nuances of this strange adaptor, and why I'd want it, I'm all ears  (I just got a working 32x, so I'm keyed into this and wondering about it.)

So basically all this does is let you play the 6 terrible games that require both the CD and the 32X and let you play CD games without removing your 32X. You need this thing, the MegaSD, a 32X, and a Genesis or Mega Drive. You can also use the Mega Sg, but you need the DAC for it as well. Because there is a bus conflict that prevents you from running CD games through a 32X, you need to run CD games from the edge connector if you have your 32X attached, and this allows you to do that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I bought my first X68000 game the other day, and it showed up 2 hours ago. Here it is:

Pic_0407_632.thumb.jpg.7566c2246c13eda00edee4c55761bdd0.jpg

Yes, it's Cotton! Not a bad choice for your first X68000 game, I think. This is one of the first home ports of an arcade game that is superior to the original arcade version as far as I know. This is the 2019 reissue from BEEP on 5 inch floppy. I wanted to get this 2 years ago when it was announced, but I missed my chance then since I was not aware of how they were selling it at the time. BEEP cleaned out their warehouse a few days ago and found a very small amount of extra copies, so I bought one. I think there is some stuff that has been added to this reissue, but I'm not completely sure. There are 2 additional things that came with it:

Pic_0407_633.thumb.jpg.bb4db74e22bd0e109c3a8bf9eb2ea01f.jpg

Rocking stand/key chain

This is Cotton, which means teacup!

Pic_0407_634.thumb.jpg.41d9cdbb78f97cce23cd23aedccd05e4.jpg

I unfortunately do not have an X68000 yet. I have played this game on a real X68000 at BEEP (wonderful little store, by the way. Go there if you get the chance!), though.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 5

figma Styx and Rynex!

Pic_0411_638.thumb.jpg.e98e186bd2f0b3fafc992fb00dcdbb00.jpg

They come with a variety of parts: CLAWs for Styx, CLAWs for Rynex, yellow parts for Styx to match the color scheme of the Styx mass production model from Thunder Force IV, and the Thunder Sword and Thunder CLAWs to match Rynex's late-game configuration, which I will of course use:

Pic_0411_639.thumb.jpg.8baba3dba97fd50cfa652970dc5d5f70.jpg

Pic_0411_642.thumb.jpg.aa6d3c87881f0a2d694c6cc423526dcf.jpg

• Like 2

ec92dfff7592ac27db9bc2648a7f3365.pnga60151db634caf98987c69331a5d8a4b.png

I had to buy my wife an original PeachesNCream Barbie because my little girls ripped the head off of her childhood one and destroyed all hope of reattachment. I decided that I needed a better motherboard for my 8700k with better VRMs so I could overclock to atleast 5GHZ with my Noctua Cpu cooler.

This is the first motherboard I’ve purchased that doesn’t have some kind of built in Video output solution. Now if they could just eliminate USB 2.0 my motherboard dreams would be complete.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, adamchevy said:

ec92dfff7592ac27db9bc2648a7f3365.pnga60151db634caf98987c69331a5d8a4b.png

I had to buy my wife an original PeachesNCream Barbie because my little girls ripped the head off of her childhood one and destroyed all hope of reattachment. I decided that I needed a better motherboard for my 8700k with better VRMs so I could overclock to atleast 5GHZ with my Noctua Cpu cooler.

This is the first motherboard I’ve purchased that doesn’t have some kind of built in Video output solution. Now if they could just eliminate USB 2.0 my motherboard dreams would be complete.

I buy the wife all the figuarts zero and chouette Sailor Moon figures. Only to find out now 1 of them is nearly 1k and another 500....and I thought retro gaming was expensive.

• Like 3