IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

It's really great to see everybody's findings and collections getting completed. Please keep posting since this brightened my day.

I'm out of the game right now, so to speak, but will be back again soon as I get some pressing issues sorted out.

A shout out to my collection peeps meantime.  It's fun that I'll probably post in here from time to time even though I'm not actively buying anything right now.  Comments like this notwithstanding, but since so many of these items are long-haul special orders and kickstarter type stuff, I should be getting things shipped I ordered years ago!  You all know how that goes.

So yeah, looking forward to showing my Phoenix console and some Jaguar games - once all that gets to my new digs.  Cheers, everyone!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

IT'S

HERE

AGAIN!!!!

Pic_0501_666.thumb.jpg.e9c0bf6a5d0714042e5f6a9b2b11343b.jpg

I was absolutely planning on putting the little metal model of the R-9A right next to the Styx and Rynex that I got a few weeks ago, but apparently you have to assemble it and I don't want to mess it up since it looks fragile, so I will leave it unassembled for now, but maybe in the near future I will set it up.

If you haven't played this game yet, do it. Play it on any system you have that it got released on. Granzella deserves it and this will not be the last copy of this game that I buy.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

IT'S

HERE

AGAIN!!!!

Pic_0501_666.thumb.jpg.e9c0bf6a5d0714042e5f6a9b2b11343b.jpg

I was absolutely planning on putting the little metal model of the R-9A right next to the Styx and Rynex that I got a few weeks ago, but apparently you have to assemble it and I don't want to mess it up since it looks fragile, so I will leave it unassembled for now, but maybe in the near future I will set it up.

If you haven't played this game yet, do it. Play it on any system you have that it got released on. Granzella deserves it and this will not be the last copy of this game that I buy.

It available on PC now though I'll most likely wait for a sale to get it.

8 hours ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

It available on PC now though I'll most likely wait for a sale to get it.

According to someone over on the Steam forum for the game, apparently you can get it for 20% off over at GMG if you use the code spr21. Not sure if that's true or if the code still works, but try it.

Okay, I tested and it doesn't seem to work for me for whatever reason. Not sure if that person was trolling or if the code expired or something, so yeah.

Edited by Steven Pendleton

Time for some more Saturn games, but I finally found a certain PS2 game that I've been looking for for a while now.

Here's Layer Section on the Saturn. Supposedly this game is super awesome, but I know nothing about it other than that it's a vertical shooter, it's on the Saturn, I own it, and it has a sequel. I guess I'll find out how good this game is.

Pic_0502_670.thumb.jpg.605f6f12894fdd741eacb9c53e0fba94.jpg

Asuka 120% Limited. Or maybe it's Asuka 120% Limited BURNING Fest. LIMITED. Nobody seems to know since the title is written a different way on both the manual and on the spine, but whatever. You've probably never head of Asuka 120%, but it started on the X68000 and I believe the FM Towns and was developed by a team of only 2 dudes, the ultra-tiny company/developer Fill in Cafe, who later went bankrupt but then got hired by Treasure or something. Asuka 120% Limited on the Saturn here, while not the final game in the series, was the final game in the series that was actually developed by those 2 original dudes. Asuka 120% itself isn't a particularly notable series from what I understand, but this series and some of its mechanics were used in and directly inspired Guilty Gear and Arcana Heart, the latter of which is probably the single most complex fighting game ever created.

Pic_0502_671.thumb.jpg.172db6460333f1d4481dba8d7e880894.jpg

Finally, Thunder Force VI. Yes, there is a Thunder Force VI and supposedly it's pretty terrible. I talked to the dude at the store and he was like "Yeah, this game is... the balance... it's not so great, kind of like Thunder Force V," so I suppose I will see how disappointing this game is.

Pic_0502_669.thumb.jpg.22cf1a8872e93f2a5b70b093607034cd.jpg

Edit: Okay, yeah, this game is garbage. Please do not play it.

And... one more copy of R-Type Final 2: the digital deluxe version over on GOG to wash away the horrible experience of Thunder Force VI. Obviously I can't take a picture of a digital game, but trust me, I bought a 3rd copy of it. Time to use my PC's Blast ProcessingTM to really see what this game looks like.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, thegamezmaster said:

Wow! Enjoy the game! Never knew about this. Too bad the site is sold out.

Contact them directly. I believe they made at least two but only listed one as available on their website. They didn't offer this item before. I asked if they could do a custom order.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2021 at 12:40 AM, Steven Pendleton said:

Time for some more Saturn games, but I finally found a certain PS2 game that I've been looking for for a while now.

Here's Layer Section on the Saturn. Supposedly this game is super awesome, but I know nothing about it other than that it's a vertical shooter, it's on the Saturn, I own it, and it has a sequel. I guess I'll find out how good this game is.

Pic_0502_670.thumb.jpg.605f6f12894fdd741eacb9c53e0fba94.jpg

Asuka 120% Limited. Or maybe it's Asuka 120% Limited BURNING Fest. LIMITED. Nobody seems to know since the title is written a different way on both the manual and on the spine, but whatever. You've probably never head of Asuka 120%, but it started on the X68000 and I believe the FM Towns and was developed by a team of only 2 dudes, the ultra-tiny company/developer Fill in Cafe, who later went bankrupt but then got hired by Treasure or something. Asuka 120% Limited on the Saturn here, while not the final game in the series, was the final game in the series that was actually developed by those 2 original dudes. Asuka 120% itself isn't a particularly notable series from what I understand, but this series and some of its mechanics were used in and directly inspired Guilty Gear and Arcana Heart, the latter of which is probably the single most complex fighting game ever created.

Pic_0502_671.thumb.jpg.172db6460333f1d4481dba8d7e880894.jpg

Finally, Thunder Force VI. Yes, there is a Thunder Force VI and supposedly it's pretty terrible. I talked to the dude at the store and he was like "Yeah, this game is... the balance... it's not so great, kind of like Thunder Force V," so I suppose I will see how disappointing this game is.

Pic_0502_669.thumb.jpg.22cf1a8872e93f2a5b70b093607034cd.jpg

Edit: Okay, yeah, this game is garbage. Please do not play it.

And... one more copy of R-Type Final 2: the digital deluxe version over on GOG to wash away the horrible experience of Thunder Force VI. Obviously I can't take a picture of a digital game, but trust me, I bought a 3rd copy of it. Time to use my PC's Blast ProcessingTM to really see what this game looks like.

Layer Section is pretty good. Though I didn't pay anything for my copy. And that's a shame about ThunderForce VI, as I do like V. But again my opinion might be a bit skewed since I didn't pay anything for it. XD