IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

4 hours ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

Layer Section is pretty good. Though I didn't pay anything for my copy. And that's a shame about ThunderForce VI, as I do like V. But again my opinion might be a bit skewed since I didn't pay anything for it. XD

Yeah, Layer Section is really good. It's kind of plain-looking at times, but it plays really well and you can disable the massive HUD at any time, which is also really great. I was looking for Radiant Silvergun, Soukyuugurentai, or Layer Section, but I didn't see any copies of Soukyuugurentai, only found 2 overpriced Radiant Silverguns, and a few cheap copies of Layer Section (2000~5000 yen), so I got Layer Section.

Thunder Force VI is an unbelievably painful insult to everyone who ever loved Thunder Force. It does not deserve the Thunder Force title. The devs decided to take a giant crap all over the legacy of excellence that is Thunder Force and then take that crap, title it Thunder Force VI, and sell it in stores. Thunder Force V is a fun game with an unbelievable soundtrack and some problems, but Thunder Force VI is just plain bad in literally every way possible: poorly designed 1 minute-long stages that shamelessly recycle things from other Thunder Force titles, empty and soulless music that you can't even hear over the SFX, you often can't tell what can and can't hurt you and there is a whole bunch of crap on screen to obscure your vision, weird panning camera angles to make it look cool or something but end up just messing with your controls since the controls change when the camera rotates around you, flat and lifeless graphics, nonexistant difficulty, and it somehow manages to be the only PS2 game I have ever played that leaves temporary burn-in on my monitor, even though I'm running it on my PS3 with its incredible deinterlacing.

I'd perhaps be willing to overlook just about everything that's wrong with Thunder Force VI (which is literally everything) if it had good music like a Thunder Force game should, but it doesn't. You'd get more enjoyment out of playing CrazyBus or the GBA ports of Sonic 1, Earthworm Jim, or Earthworm Jim 2. At least those are so bad that you can laugh at how bad they are, but Thunder Force VI doesn't even have that.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Yeah, Layer Section is really good. It's kind of plain-looking at times, but it plays really well and you can disable the massive HUD at any time, which is also really great. I was looking for Radiant Silvergun, Soukyuugurentai, or Layer Section, but I didn't see any copies of Soukyuugurentai, only found 2 overpriced Radiant Silverguns, and a few cheap copies of Layer Section (2000~5000 yen), so I got Layer Section.

Thunder Force VI is an unbelievably painful insult to everyone who ever loved Thunder Force. It does not deserve the Thunder Force title. The devs decided to take a giant crap all over the legacy of excellence that is Thunder Force and then take that crap, title it Thunder Force VI, and sell it in stores. Thunder Force V is a fun game with an unbelievable soundtrack and some problems, but Thunder Force VI is just plain bad in literally every way possible: poorly designed 1 minute-long stages that shamelessly recycle things from other Thunder Force titles, empty and soulless music that you can't even hear over the SFX, you often can't tell what can and can't hurt you and there is a whole bunch of crap on screen to obscure your vision, weird panning camera angles to make it look cool or something but end up just messing with your controls since the controls change when the camera rotates around you, flat and lifeless graphics, nonexistant difficulty, and it somehow manages to be the only PS2 game I have ever played that leaves temporary burn-in on my monitor, even though I'm running it on my PS3 with its incredible deinterlacing.

I'd perhaps be willing to overlook just about everything that's wrong with Thunder Force VI (which is literally everything) if it had good music like a Thunder Force game should, but it doesn't. You'd get more enjoyment out of playing CrazyBus or the GBA ports of Sonic 1, Earthworm Jim, or Earthworm Jim 2. At least those are so bad that you can laugh at how bad they are, but Thunder Force VI doesn't even have that.

Well maybe it's a good thing we didn't get VI over here.

Edited by DragonGrafx-16
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

Well maybe it's a good thing we didn't get VI over here.

Yeah, I was talking to one of my friends about a month ago about something similar. I said that I'd rather have something good die forever than have it come back and be terrible. I think I used Metroid or Castlevania or something as my example then. This is one of those situations, as I'd rather have nothing than Thunder Force VI. If you do want to try it, I can definitely say not to pay money for it. Maybe... you know, borrow it from a friend or "something else" like that... but a real friend would stop you from playing it at all, I think.

• Haha 2

(31) 1-gallon Ziploc bags of used Lego @ $1/bag. Previous owner was a young kid so at least 2 bags worth were chewed/gnawed parts, luckily easily replaceable basic bricks. His dad must've mixed a few of his Classic Space sets in, 4 of those have been ID'ed in there. 60+ sets in all, mostly newer City & Marvel sets.

I literally cried for joy.

Screenshot_20210514-115035_Gallery.jpg

Edited by RJ
  • Like 5

Not a purchase. I rescued this from the electronic recycling box at my work.

DSC00042.JPG.01f97c42ace569c92a54228ef56ba6ae.JPG

DSC00041.JPG.57260a5bc8a26e687754273afeba6572.JPG

DSC00040.JPG.104674e3401c9b39c4f325990d0fb78f.JPG

It's a Vizio Model E24-C1 24 inch tv. All I needed to get was a remote - got one from eBay for under $7 shipped.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Iwantgames:) said:

Picked up a big lot of vintage computer hardware, books and software. I’ve only tested a few items so far. Hopefully I can get the hardware prototyping system setup (came from IBM tech) that will be cool to see if it works :)

7416C80C-070B-4EFC-945F-B8120FB0AB50.jpeg

DC83835F-C6CF-4E25-BE4E-F830415900B3.jpeg

2A461A25-0538-4B8C-A8D5-B9A1915C186C.jpeg

4D9773C2-8604-489F-9B08-54322DFFF08B.jpeg

2A9735E1-4C77-4200-BD01-DBF524109118.jpeg

E8D8604B-20B6-45B8-8893-9246795C6037.jpeg

0FCC9070-46A9-42D4-A958-7934E3BFEA4F.jpeg

Did the cat come with the lot? lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3