IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

012f9bf6402c68f3bc87c402840f07ea.jpg

For my new alienware R12 from fleabay. It has an 11400f that gets a bit to hot with the stock fan.

Picked up the R12 for $373.00. If you keep a watch on them they go for pretty cheap without the GPU. People are just ripping them out and selling them like hot cakes.

• Like 1

This was yesterday...

IMG_20210518_193908661.thumb.jpg.90dbd7baa3707d1943cc2f23ed4da362.jpg

It works too!!

I had to clean about 30 years of 'C' battery corrosion out of it, but it fired up with the AC adapter, no problem.

It was also totally ready to kick my ass right out of the thrift store.

So I've never seen these on this site as a 'collectable', or even a 'console'.  But yet here it is!  It's even got a Zilog or a MOS CPU in it... I couldn't tell which, since it seem to be atomically fused together.

It even takes expansion cartridges. Supposedly.  Talk about beyond obscure.  

Anyway, there exists in my area a royally hot noblewoman (disguised as a sophisticated real estate agent), who wants a regular chess partner. Guess who's rising to the occasion?  In accordance with her wishes, I'll try not to fall in love in the process. Wish me luck.

(Or not. That's okay too.)

Edited by CaptainBreakout
  • Like 2

I actually ordered this back in October of last year, but it finally arrived in the mail today and oh boy was it ever worth the wait! As a Game Boy and Game Boy Color collector there was always one game I wanted for my collection that was simply out of reach due to it's price, going for around $700 for a loose cart or $2,000 complete with box and manual, so as soon as Limited Run announced that they were doing an officially licensed reprint of Shantae for the Game Boy Color I knew I had to get one!

Limited Run did an outstanding job on the cartridge, box, and manual and everything looks and feels exactly like the Game Boy Color boxes, manuals, and carts from the late 90's and early 2000's. They really pulled a John Hammond and spared no expense, and for the $45 it set me back this will be a priceless addition to my Game Boy Color library :)

736821000_20210520112510_IMG_03982.thumb.JPG.53049e2895554f0bb0e9b3fffaa51d4c.JPG

252126330_20210520113020_IMG_04342.thumb.JPG.ead88b86b32e2fd8e7e08478a649b0e4.JPG

• Like 2

I sold a Saturn Megaman 8 not long ago to fund this, and it finally showed up from SAG. Pretty stoked to put it in a Saturn. My only problem is I have 2 Saturns, one with a working drive and one with a non-working one and I want to install it on the non-working one, but I can't find it! :lol:

image1.thumb.jpg.6746a4afb6107d7d709972cf7d61e27e.jpg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, NE146 said:

I sold a Saturn Megaman 8 not long ago to fund this, and it finally showed up from SAG. Pretty stoked to put it in a Saturn. My only problem is I have 2 Saturns, one with a working drive and one with a non-working one and I want to install it on the non-working one, but I can't find it! :lol:

As long as they are the same model, you could always store the working drive safely until you find the non working drive Saturn

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NE146 said:

image1.thumb.jpg.6746a4afb6107d7d709972cf7d61e27e.jpg

MODE = awesome. :) My Saturn works like a dream with this and an SSD attached.

• Like 2

Ordered, & rec'd from AA member Atari_Bill this weekend- CV Roller Controller in fabulous shape, + a working* Victory, Zenji, & Mr DO!

*All Coleco Victory carts were said to have left the factory w/ corrupted ROM & none are supposed to work, but this was tested before shipment & said to work fine, so.?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Screenshot_20210531-070530_Gallery.jpg

Edited by RJ
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, RJ said:

Ordered, & rec'd from AA member Atari_Bill this weekend- CV Roller Controller in fabulous shape, + a working* Victory, Zenji, & Mr DO!

*All Coleco Victory carts were said to have left the factory w/ corrupted ROM & none are supposed to work, but this was tested before shipment & said to work fine, so.?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Screenshot_20210531-070530_Gallery.jpg

I bought a Roller Controller BITD, and a week or two later,  Victory. I haven't played it in years (and my memory sucks I will admit haha), but I don't recall any problems...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Cool!  I love Jinks!  It's a very unique game.  Not sure why more people don't get the understated brilliance of it...

(*transporter noise*)

"You cant catch me!"

"Yeoww-woo!"

(Same audio as the Gauntlet II thief)

• Like 1