IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

Kitsch-Bent.com came back online the other day, so I bought a new joystick + bowl for my N64 controller :D

On 6/10/2021 at 4:26 PM, Atari_Bill said:

Very nice.   The Smurf game is tougher to find.  Nice pickup!

Frogger is a little on the pricier side too, isn't it?

At least it was the last time I looked.

On 6/10/2021 at 11:28 PM, Iwantgames:) said:

Picked this girl up today :)

Specs?

5 minutes ago, Asaki said:

Kitsch-Bent.com came back online the other day, so I bought a new joystick + bowl for my N64 controller :D

Specs?

No, that version of Frogger is pretty common.  There is a version on Frogger on tape that is probably what you're thinking of.  That one is pretty tough to find.

1 minute ago, Atari_Bill said:

No, that version of Frogger is pretty common.  There is a version on Frogger on tape that is probably what you're thinking of.  That one is pretty tough to find.

Oh.

No, I was probably thinking of Frogger II. My uncle had (has?) both of them.

15 hours ago, Asaki said:

Specs?

It’s a 8mhz 8088 with 640k RAM and 20mb Hard Drive. I swapped the 5 1/4” floppy for a Lotherak HxC Floppy Emulator.

Running DOS 3.2 and GEM OS

Edited by Iwantgames:)

6 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Got the Grip Controller for Nintendo Switch today. Now I can finally play shooting and fighting games properly in handheld mode! Good-bye, horrible malfunctioning Joy-Cons. I won't miss you.

Pic_0615_732.thumb.jpg.9337c2cbb02e1ac82ef556e8c1f6c6d6.jpg

No disrespect to you of course Steven...But sometimes I'm glad I don't own a Switch.  (I'd never really paid attention to the controller before I guess.)   Cool that HORI makes a controller,  but even then,...I mean what's going on there?   They got the D-PAD right, but then the buttons on the other side are way too high?   That just looks lopsided no matter how you hold it.

3 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

No disrespect to you of course Steven...But sometimes I'm glad I don't own a Switch.  (I'd never really paid attention to the controller before I guess.)   Cool that HORI makes a controller,  but even then,...I mean what's going on there?   They got the D-PAD right, but then the buttons on the other side are way too high?   That just looks lopsided no matter how you hold it.

Yeah, Nintendo decided to put the d-pad in the wrong place on the Switch and I hate it. I know why they did it (so you can use each Joy-Con as a single controller), but it's really annoying. This Hori controller is basically the best controller available for handheld mode from what I have heard. I'd pay a decent amount of cash for a left Joy-Con replacement with the d-pad in the proper location.

32 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Yeah, Nintendo decided to put the d-pad in the wrong place on the Switch and I hate it. I know why they did it (so you can use each Joy-Con as a single controller), but it's really annoying. This Hori controller is basically the best controller available for handheld mode from what I have heard. I'd pay a decent amount of cash for a left Joy-Con replacement with the d-pad in the proper location.

See, it looks to me like the D-Pad is in the Right spot (The one on the left side), but everything else is wrong.   Just personal preference I'm sure...I like the D-Pad where it is on controllers for the NES, Genesis, Turbografx, and PS1-3.  ;)

PS:  The D-Pad is probably right on the PS4 controller too (maybe even PS5),  but I don't have one so can't comment...

3 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

See, it looks to me like the D-Pad is in the Right spot (The one on the left side), but everything else is wrong.   Just personal preference I'm sure...I like the D-Pad where it is on controllers for the NES, Genesis, Turbografx, and PS1-3.  ;)

PS:  The D-Pad is probably right on the PS4 controller too (maybe even PS5),  but I don't have one so can't comment...

PS4/PS5 d-pad is in the correct location. Switch has it in a weird location that makes it super awkward to use. Not as bad as the one on the Gamecube, but...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Iwantgames:) said:

It’s a 8mhz 8088 with 640k RAM and 20mb Hard Drive. I swapped the 5 1/4” floppy for a Lotherak HxC Floppy Emulator.

Running DOS 3.2 and GEM OS

Nice!

2 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I'd pay a decent amount of cash for a left Joy-Con replacement with the d-pad in the proper location.

I just use these 8)

classic_pro_black__90502.1445362062.jpg?nintendo_wuparsk1_wii_u_pro_controller_1

No rumble support, though :(

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Asaki said:

I just use these 8)

classic_pro_black__90502.1445362062.jpg?nintendo_wuparsk1_wii_u_pro_controller_1

No rumble support, though :(

I honestly can't stand the Wii U Pro Controller. Feels like it's made of McDonald's Happy Meal toy plastic and I don't like the placement of any of the buttons, especially L and R. I have never tried the Wii Classic Pro Controller, though, but I really want to. I didn't know that it works on the Switch. I might have to look into that.

2 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Oh Yeah GameCube and XBOX got it wrong for sure, haha...

Yeah, the Gamecube's d-pad is... something. Not a good something, unfortunately.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

I picked up a decent CIB of Cloudburst for the Atari 8-bit the other day. I haven't actually tested it out yet, but it is in pretty good shape. They had Alien Ambush as well, but decided to let that one go as it isn't nearly as good a game as compared to Cloudburst.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 3:58 PM, GoldLeader said:

Hori got those grips right.  They make the switch extremely playable in handheld mode. 

14 hours ago, bluejay said:

B7D1155A-DAAB-4907-8F19-117EE28151EB.jpeg

Good, it has the stickers! How are the gold-colored plates on the controllers? It's hard to find those in perfect condition, I've noticed, which is why I don't have one myself yet. I see literal stacks of them in town, but none that look completely pristine and also have the cover for the front port. Yeah, I'm weird, I know.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Good, it has the stickers! How are the gold-colored plates on the controllers? It's hard to find those in perfect condition, I've noticed, which is why I don't have one myself yet. I see literal stacks of them in town, but none that look completely pristine and also have the cover for the front port. Yeah, I'm weird, I know.

The gold stuff looks bad near the buttons, and has a few scrapes and dings here and there. However, it’s still better than my old famicom, so I’m happy. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a famicom in person that had pristine gold plates and the front port cover, really. 

21 minutes ago, bluejay said:

The gold stuff looks bad near the buttons, and has a few scrapes and dings here and there. However, it’s still better than my old famicom, so I’m happy. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a famicom in person that had pristine gold plates and the front port cover, really. 

Yeah, they are very hard to find in near-perfect condition. I've found a few with perfect controller plates but the system itself is like this color or sometimes even worse:

external-content.duckduckgo_com.thumb.jpg.5fdb93e90079342032628cce73a07001.jpg

Then I see others that are basically pure white but then the gold plates are basically completely white because they are so scratched. It's very hard to find nice ones now. I don't really need one since I have a good Famiclone, but still...

• Like 2

On 6/15/2021 at 8:01 AM, Steven Pendleton said:

Got the Grip Controller for Nintendo Switch today. Now I can finally play shooting and fighting games properly in handheld mode! Good-bye, horrible malfunctioning Joy-Cons. I won't miss you.

Pic_0615_732.thumb.jpg.9337c2cbb02e1ac82ef556e8c1f6c6d6.jpg

Can you let us know how it performs? I'm eyeing the Pac-Man one, myself. 

11 minutes ago, bikeguychicago said:

Can you let us know how it performs? I'm eyeing the Pac-Man one, myself. 

Sure. Get the Switch Pro Controller, saw it in half, remove the wireless stuff, the vibration motor things, the amiibo scanning thingy, the motion-sensing thingy, and glue it to the sides of the Switch because that's basically exactly what it is. It also has turbo and an assignable button on the back, both of which I have yet to find uses for aside from maybe cheating in Metal Slug with the turbo. No IR camera, either, so you can't use the Night Vision "game" thing that's on the eshop with it.

Edited by Steven Pendleton