IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

I wasn't too interested in the Super Mario Bros. Game & Watch when it came out last holiday season, but now that Nintendo seems to be making a series out of them with the Legend of Zelda Game & Watch coming out this November I decided they'd be a fun little commemorative thing to collect and play, so today I went out and picked up one of the last two Super Mario Bros. Game & Watch systems my local Best Buy had in stock. It was clearanced down to $40 too, so score! :D

20210617_152827.thumb.jpg.ad7a02f9bacf709bb0c7659e3c25ff9d.jpg

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

I wasn't too interested in the Super Mario Bros. Game & Watch when it came out last holiday season, but now that Nintendo seems to be making a series out of them with the Legend of Zelda Game & Watch coming out this November I decided they'd be a fun little commemorative thing to collect and play, so today I went out and picked up one of the last two Super Mario Bros. Game & Watch systems my local Best Buy had in stock. It was clearanced down to $40 too, so score! :D

Nice!  Btw, are you wearing a Casio wrist watch?  The wristband looks very similar to my F-91W

My Casio.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

I enjoy my little handheld surprisingly enough. I like that they are going to do more. :)

$40 - nice price too!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ClassicGMR said:

I enjoy my little handheld surprisingly enough. I like that they are going to do more. :)

$40 - nice price too!

I'm honestly really surprised by how nice the quality of these modern Game & Watch handhelds are! It feels like Nintendo made everything way nicer than it needed to be, making them something actually practical and fun to play rather than just a neat little trinket to sit on the shelf. The build quality feels really sturdy, the controls are excellent, the screen is bright and crisp and doesn't wash out in the sunlight, and the speaker sounds great too. They really went the extra mile to make it something you'd actually want to play!

And play it I have, because I just beat the original Super Mario Bros. for the first time in many years :)

20210618032025_IMG_0776.thumb.JPG.651b5eb0b7ca95021c0094feba0ccedd.JPG

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

I'm honestly really surprised by how nice the quality of these modern Game & Watch handhelds are! It feels like Nintendo made everything way nicer than it needed to be, making them something actually practical and fun to play rather than just a neat little trinket to sit on the shelf. The build quality feels really sturdy, the controls are excellent, the screen is bright and crisp and doesn't wash out in the sunlight, and the speaker sounds great too. They really went the extra mile to make it something you'd actually want to play!

And play it I have, because I just beat the original Super Mario Bros. for the first time in many years :)

20210618032025_IMG_0776.thumb.JPG.651b5eb0b7ca95021c0094feba0ccedd.JPG

Hmm. I may have to get one of these myself.  I honestly haven't given them any thought, because I assumed they would be better suited to sitting on the shelf.

• Like 3

I recently sold my MNemo modded 3DO that I realized I NEVER booted up... like not once since I got it and loaded the games on it. Paid off a car repair bill that popped up so that was very nice.

I stole $100 from the sale and decided to almost finish my Pi "console collection". Today the the SuperPi and MEGA Pi cases came in from Amazon along with carrying cases.

NESPi+, SuperPi and MEGA Pi running 3B, 3B+ and 3B boards respectively. All of them have 128GB identical builds (Buster 4.7.14). All of the shutdown scripts run correctly. The 8bitDo Bluetooth controllers match the cases with the MEGA Pi being the exception. I've got that one bookmarked for next week's paycheck but for now the wired black SNES clone will have to do.

They're all very nice to look at. The SuperPi has this cool fake "cartridge" that is held on by a magnet but completes the look. I also have 2 official Nintendo carrying cases that are for the NES Classic and SNES Classic but the completed setups - console, HDMI, power, Bluetooth controller and wired controller - fit into them beautifully.

BCB75AC2-5661-4EDB-8A9D-9F624A6D8E3B.jpeg

6B6D1769-C512-4795-8BB9-A69A6AC3EE04.jpeg

963C6AC5-38F7-438C-AA09-D6F29F723C59.jpeg

Edited by ClassicGMR
Pictures
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

I won't deny it! I use the calculator function on my watch pretty much every day, and I'm most definitely a nerd. I'm pretty sure that goes for most of us here though, in one way or another! :lol: 

Only the cool kids wear Casio’s.?

• Like 3

Sonic's birthday is on Wednesday so I got some Sonic games that I have never played before today.

Pic_0620_733.thumb.jpg.798d02c6b013497a23556ab441f10ecf.jpg

I was planning on getting a Neo Geo Pocket Color, but I couldn't find one that I liked, so I can't play Sonic Pocket Adventure on Sonic's 30th birthday like I was planning. Sadness.

Sonic Jam is one of the few times that Sonic 1, 2, and 3&K have been ported to another system. Most subsequent rereleases of the games are emulated (and sometimes very poorly like on the Dreamcast), not ported, so I am looking forward to playing the Saturn ports, which I have never played before. Sonic R is Sonic R. Is it so bad it's good or at least somewhat redeemable? I don't know and it probably isn't, but I'll find out soon.

• Like 3

Picked up a few digital games deep discounted down to $5 each on the Switch eShop today! I got Contra Anniversary Collection, Namco Museum Archives Volume 1 (mostly for the NES version of Pac-Man Championship Edition), and Kholat; which is a first-person survival horror game narrated by Sean Bean about the Dyatlov Pass Incident. Should be pretty spooky! :D

2021062015461500-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.thumb.jpg.e302777fc001dd309f0412ca10e64a96.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

2021062015461500-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.thumb.jpg.e302777fc001dd309f0412ca10e64a96.jpg

Well, I thought I was done buying digital games on sale but then my best friend gifted me a $35 Switch eShop gift card today, so I ended up picking up three more! I snagged DOOM Eternal, The First Tree, and Iron Crypticle with my gift card plus a bit of reward points I had saved up :)

I had been holding out for a physical release of DOOM Eternal, but for 50% off I'm pretty fine with getting a digital copy. The First Tree looks interesting but got really mixed reviews, though for $2.50 I figured I'd give it a go, and I've seen a couple AtariAgers praise Iron Crypticle's Robotron style twin stick shooter gameplay so that was kind of a no-brainer pickup for $2.99. Altogether I ended up snagging six digital games today, so I'm gonna be busy playing new games for awhile!

2021062103453800-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.thumb.jpg.1cb0f4503f7f2b6e3d2a5c409b5aac16.jpg

Edited by Skippy B. Coyote
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Yay, some stuff arrived a week early. Time to play some tasty arcade games on the best arcade system ever made.

Pic_0621_734.thumb.jpg.732b01dfffd31ff98091228616e9aec6.jpg

Best Arcade system...HMMmmm  PS!?   Or maybe SNES?   Something by SEGA? 

hehahhaaa... 

I crack myself up.

Sorry.

Don't mind me...I'll just  be over here...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GoldLeader said:

Best Arcade system...HMMmmm  PS!?   Or maybe SNES?   Something by SEGA? 

hehahhaaa... 

I crack myself up.

Sorry.

Don't mind me...I'll just  be over here...

Actually, I do consider the Saturn to basically be something of a home arcade system given how many perfect and near-perfect arcade ports it has. I need to get the arcade stick for it. I saw 2 of them on Sunday for about 4000 yen each, but I'd decided that I'd spent enough cash on Sonic Pocket Adventure, so I passed. Good thing I did because I had to pay DHL 9500 yen for customs fees for the Neo Geo carts later that night!

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1