IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

On 7/16/2021 at 6:10 PM, DragonGrafx-16 said:

1789745930_dreamcastAADariusTwinXaridion.thumb.jpg.03dd9c6d772cf6ab9069871a550a594a.jpg

I finally have a Dreamcast again....I didn't get any Dreamcast games there because they only had two and I didn't want either of them.

Was one of em Sega Marine Fishing? Cuz that game is AWESOME. 

I've been considering getting a Dreamcast & SMF again, with a fishing controller, just to play it exclusively 

• Like 3

Finally acquired my dream console; the Wii U. I’d bought a Wii a while ago because I couldn’t afford a Wii U. Then I came across this Japanese Wii U premium set, complete (and yes, I do mean complete) in box, for the equivalent of just under $100.

I’ve done a lot of things to this in the past few days since I got the thing, and I’m having a blast playing all the games that I wanted to play on this system. 

9651CFD8-F3B0-48F7-AB30-D6E34A23E3FC.jpeg

1D64115A-631C-4FE7-B9A4-723CC82A4AB2.jpeg

0D82A78F-C10F-4E96-92EE-FC8FCF5FCBB7.jpeg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, bluejay said:

Finally acquired my dream console; the Wii U. I’d bought a Wii a while ago because I couldn’t afford a Wii U. Then I came across this Japanese Wii U premium set, complete (and yes, I do mean complete) in box, for the equivalent of just under $100.

I’ve done a lot of things to this in the past few days since I got the thing, and I’m having a blast playing all the games that I wanted to play on this system.

This has become one of my favorite "go to" systems. The ease of modding and the fact I can play emulation on the handheld is just phenomenal. Plus the Wii U has such an underrated library!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ClassicGMR said:

This has become one of my favorite "go to" systems. The ease of modding and the fact I can play emulation on the handheld is just phenomenal. Plus the Wii U has such an underrated library!

It wasn’t one of my easier systems to mod, mainly because I thought had to take some extra steps because I had a Japanese system, which didn’t turn out to be true. 

Anyhoo, I’m having tons of fun installing all sorts of things onto that Wii U!

• Like 3

Remember when I said about a page ago when I said I was probably not going to get anymore Vita games? I lied. Or, rather, I forgot that the Vita has the best (probably) version of Amagami, so I got it. This game has an alternative version of the soundtrack that was done on a PC88, so you can play Amagami with PC88 music if you want. The regular soundtrack and its PC88 version were done by the same dude that did Gleylancer and the entire Langrisser series, of all things, so you know it's good. Probably. They kept the original 4:3 artwork from the original PS2 version and zoomed in on it to create fake widescreen, but you can pan the camera up and down and there is an option to use the original 4:3 mode, thankfully.

I also bought Eternal Arcadia from a friend the other day. I have heard very good things about this game. I am not really into turn-based RPGs with very few exceptions, like strategy RPGs. I have not played it yet, but I will once I have the Akura that I ordered for my Dreamcast, and that should be arriving very soon.

Pic_0724_753.thumb.jpg.a4999bb2c290c153a5d772bf4030e6c6.jpg

I also have something incredibly boring arriving tomorrow morning that I am actually rather excited about... a chair. Yes, the thing you sit on/in. I've been using a guitar amp (a real British Marshall, made in the UK) for a chair for about 10 years now and I'm now probably officially old, so yay, back support, finally!

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Haha 1

On 7/21/2021 at 9:28 AM, bluejay said:

0D82A78F-C10F-4E96-92EE-FC8FCF5FCBB7.jpeg

I need to get back into Wind Waker, but I keep putting it off because I'm having so much trouble with my battery chargers :x

Batteries in the Wiimote go dead, I pop them in the charger, the light just blinks.

"Smart" chargers, yeah right :roll:

I've got a whole box of batteries that need charging, and two or three different chargers, and trying to get them to comply is not a game I enjoy playing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Asaki said:

I need to get back into Wind Waker, but I keep putting it off because I'm having so much trouble with my battery chargers :x

Batteries in the Wiimote go dead, I pop them in the charger, the light just blinks.

I've got a whole box of batteries that need charging, and two or three different chargers, and trying to get them to comply is not a game I enjoy playing.

Wind Waker doesn’t need a Wiimote on any version, unless you are me in 2020 and is playing with Nintendont with GameCube controller emulation.

18 hours ago, Asaki said:

My advice is to buy some ENELOOP Rechargable batteries....Good stuff!

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, bluejay said:

Wind Waker doesn’t need a Wiimote on any version...

Oops, brain fog, I meant Skyward Sword :oops:

3 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

My advice is to buy some ENELOOP Rechargable batteries....Good stuff!

It's not the batteries though, it's the charger. I bought a cheap one from Amazon, and I got what I paid for.

I need to get a "dumb" charger like my parents have, that thing would probably recharge a potato and not complain about it.

My parents also have something like this, which could possibly alleviate some of the headache:

w0016_153__1.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Asaki said:

Oops, brain fog, I meant Skyward Sword :oops:

It's not the batteries though, it's the charger. I bought a cheap one from Amazon, and I got what I paid for.

I need to get a "dumb" charger like my parents have, that thing would probably recharge a potato and not complain about it.

My parents also have something like this, which could possibly alleviate some of the headache:

w0016_153__1.jpg

That looks a lot like what I have, except the charger doubles as the Wii stand. Batteries last long enough for a good Skyward Sword session. 

A92D37C2-DCE4-4BDE-804B-348D4B8304A5.thumb.jpeg.f5bb3adefae756780f6c6cbd0b8b8c5c.jpeg

• Like 2

Today is Sonic's 30th birthday in Japan. I didn't have a nice CIB copy, just a beat-up cart-only copy, so I went to Akiba and bought the single nicest Sonic 1 I could find in the entire town. Spoilers: it was also literally the only CIB copy I found in the entire town...

Also picked up Radiant Silvergun on the Saturn and Gaiares on the MD. I wasn't planning on buying anything other than Sonic unless I could find a Saturn Out Run that works on the white Saturn (I did not find a copy that does, just ones that don't), but I got both shooters for very good prices, especially Radiant Silvergun, mostly because it's missing the hagaki and the obi, but you buy what you can find and it was cheap, so only some regrets. I have been looking for both of these shooters for about a year now, so I am glad to finally have both of them.

Pic_0726_754.thumb.jpg.54ce43502efb6066a5630061d2645f63.jpg

I just played Gaiares. It has exactly 2 difficulty settings, and those difficulty settings are "easy" and "extremely difficult". That's just about perfect! I think this game's intro might be even longer than Gleylancer's intro, but they are pretty close. Gleylancer's intro has kanji, though, so that means that Gleylancer's is better. Gleylancer's also way easier to read because of the kanji... or it would be if the text speed wasn't ridiculously fast.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, bluejay said:

That looks a lot like what I have, except the charger doubles as the Wii stand. Batteries last long enough for a good Skyward Sword session.

I took a peek on eBay last night, but nothing really looked good to me.

I was tempted by one I saw, where it'll charge two Wiimotes AND the WiiU Gamepad, but then I read reviews on it and changed my mind.

So I came to my senses and bought one of those Panasonic AA/AAA chargers that a guy from Cordcutter (I think?) rated highly.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Today is Sonic's 30th birthday in Japan. I didn't have a nice CIB copy, just a beat-up cart-only copy, so I went to Akiba and bought the single nicest Sonic 1 I could find in the entire town. Spoilers: it was also literally the only CIB copy I found in the entire town...

Also picked up Radiant Silvergun on the Saturn and Gaiares on the MD. I wasn't planning on buying anything other than Sonic unless I could find a Saturn Out Run that works on the white Saturn (I did not find a copy that does, just ones that don't), but I got both shooters for very good prices, especially Radiant Silvergun, mostly because it's missing the hagaki and the obi, but you buy what you can find and it was cheap, so only some regrets. I have been looking for both of these shooters for about a year now, so I am glad to finally have both of them.

Pic_0726_754.thumb.jpg.54ce43502efb6066a5630061d2645f63.jpg

I just played Gaiares. It has exactly 2 difficulty settings, and those difficulty settings are "easy" and "extremely difficult". That's just about perfect! I think this game's intro might be even longer than Gleylancer's intro, but they are pretty close. Gleylancer's intro has kanji, though, so that means that Gleylancer's is better. Gleylancer's also way easier to read because of the kanji... or it would be if the text speed wasn't ridiculously fast.

hah you reminded my I still need to try out my burnt copy of Radiant Silvergun. 

1 hour ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

hah you reminded my I still need to try out my burnt copy of Radiant Silvergun. 

It's an interesting game. I believe the original version of the game was on Sega's ST-V arcade system, so the Saturn port should be perfect or close to it. I need to spend more time with it. Apparently you really need to focus on leveling your weapons or some of the later bosses will take forever to die.

I am quite surprised that the game has only ever been released at home on the Saturn and the 360 and apparently the 360 version is bad because it has lag, so unless you happen to have a convenient ST-V arcade board laying around and actually have the game cartridge, the Saturn version is the only other real option. Treasure seems to have no problem rereleasing Ikaruga plenty of times and the company seems to survive solely on reselling that game now, so I really wish they'd get more of their other games rereleased more often, especially Radiant Silvergun. They did get a few of their oldest games on the Genesis Mini and especially the MD Mini, though, so I wonder what the hell they are doing with Radiant Silvergun.

Anyway, more Saturn shooters later. I'm debating if I want to get Battle Garegga on the PS4 or on the Saturn. I generally dislike emulated games, so really want the Saturn version. There was a Saturn copy in the same case where I found my Radiant Silvergun, but it was 19800 yen and I wasn't looking to spend that much on an individual game yesterday. PS4 is like 4000 yen, but it's digital only... yuck.

On 7/26/2021 at 12:15 AM, Steven Pendleton said:

Also picked up Radiant Silvergun on the Saturn and Gaiares on the MD.

Nice. It makes me sad though whenever I see Radiant Silvergun. It was a game that I got into the pre-release hype after reading about it in magazines, and then bought immediately upon launch for what I recall was ~$45 retail (!!). Anyway years later on one trip to the states out of Guam I stupidly packed it in my luggage along with other Saturn games, and someone (probably some baggage handler) had stolen it right out of there. In other words he literally opened my luggage and rifled through all the Saturn games, cherry picked out the Radiant Silvergun and left everything else. Lesson learned!!  On a brighter note, I guess he left Megaman 8 which I was able to sell for over a grand not too long ago in today's crazy market, and that's how I bought the MODE. :lol: 

Anyway back to topic.. Just got this. "Strictly Limited Games" Space Invaders for Switch. I think it has a couple more games than the regular one.

64957367_WhatsAppImage2021-05-02at2_31.07-PM.thumb.jpeg.5a0e99682a44c2f1e1a3594cfada9a93.jpegimage2.thumb.jpeg.97b03863bbfc45fc4428023f1470ddde.jpeg

And in just a couple games, I already got 2nd place in Space Invaders Part 2. I guess there's not exactly a huge pool of players out there :lol:

image3.thumb.jpg.1c1932e16d57a4169bb8493854bd7fc0.jpg

• Like 2

Blaster Master Zero Trilogy Metafight Chronicle limited edition (Switch version) showed up a few minutes ago. This has all 3 games, including the new one that just released today, on a single cart. There is unfortunately a day 1 patch for the third game, however. Sadness.

Pic_0729_756.thumb.jpg.0d00c618f750e58090a3b149c004e173.jpg

I also have the preorder bonus, which is a papercraft Sophia-III, which I didn't take a picture of because I'm lazy and forgot I had it lol

So apparently, despite using the international story, characters, and name, this is actually a Japanese game, which I only learned 2 days ago. Why use the international name for the Japanese releases? I'm sure some of the Japanese fans of Chou Wakusei Senki Metafight got confused by that, but at least they stuck the Metafight name on this physical release.

In case you have not played these but liked the original Metafight/Blaster Master, these are excellent, if a bit easy, and you NEED them. Graphics and music were done in a PC Engine style because the PC Engine is awesome, just like these new games are.

I should be getting my Akura later today, according to DHL, but it just arrived in customs not long ago, so maybe not.

7 hours ago, NE146 said:

Nice. It makes me sad though whenever I see Radiant Silvergun. It was a game that I got into the pre-release hype after reading about it in magazines, and then bought immediately upon launch for what I recall was ~$45 retail (!!). Anyway years later on one trip to the states out of Guam I stupidly packed it in my luggage along with other Saturn games, and someone (probably some baggage handler) had stolen it right out of there. In other words he literally opened my luggage and rifled through all the Saturn games, cherry picked out the Radiant Silvergun and left everything else. Lesson learned!!  On a brighter note, I guess he left Megaman 8 which I was able to sell for over a grand not too long ago in today's crazy market, and that's how I bought the MODE. :lol: 

Yeah, that's damn dirty, stealing Radiant Silvergun... the game is pretty excellent. I definitely like it a lot and am looking forward to putting more time into it. I want to get a MODE for both my Saturn and for my Dreamcast, but they are quite expensive, especially when considering that they need some sort of storage device in addition to the thing itself.

I am spending too much... ¬_¬

I bought a new set of guitar strings (looooong overdue), a Raphnet NES/SNES-to-GameCube controller adapter board...

...and my very first Playstation 2 :0 I gambled on an "untested" unit. It looks super clean though, so I've got my fingers crossed.

On 7/27/2021 at 1:45 PM, 4300 said:

These Sega cd games are shit,  but when I actually see Sega cd games in the wild,  I can't help myself.

Dracula really blew me away when I was a kid. The intro cutscene really freaked me out (still not really a fan of that movie), but seeing real people walking and jumping around over 3D backgrounds was incredible.

I always wanted that game...fortunately, my parents never bought us the SNES version, because I would've been severely disappointed to find that it's not the same at all.

9 hours ago, NE146 said:

"Strictly Limited Games" Space Invaders for Switch. I think it has a couple more games than the regular one.

It has Space Invaders Extreme but not Extreme 2?

Those games are awesome. I kind of want to get the Arkanoid paddle controller for them, but I'm sure it's expensive by now.

• Like 1

Back again. This tiny little box attached to my Dreamcast is the Akura, which I just received an hour ago.

Pic_0729_761.thumb.jpg.c9074d83e962f410f403aad7492abfb2.jpg

Alright, so I did some more research after noticing the weird off-center image that this thing has and it seems that this is caused by the thing using the same cheap VGA to HDMI converter as the one in those garbage Pound cables and stuff. Apparently the image is also slightly squashed on the vertical axis, as well, but I didn't/don't notice it, as I have a hard time differentiating between aspect ratios a lot of the time unless it's super obvious. Maybe I should have bought something else instead, like the official Sega VGA box, and just used that with my monitor's VGA input.