IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

9 hours ago, Asaki said:

What. Why?

An important mechanic in the game is consuming a drug called BLU. It gives you a huge power boost for a short time. But if you use it too much you can get addicted and then you'll see some negative affects.

So the cartridge was put into a pill case. The same thing you pop real life pills out of.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

@evilevoix Love that Bravoman box art?

It's killer.  The detail and even the verbiage is fantastic.  I love everything they did.  Even advertisements for 32X games.  The game recognizes your hardware.  If you use a Gen 1-2-3 Sega Cd 1-2 or a 32X it knows!!!  Killer.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SegaDude said:

An important mechanic in the game is consuming a drug called BLU. It gives you a huge power boost for a short time. But if you use it too much you can get addicted and then you'll see some negative affects.

So the cartridge was put into a pill case. The same thing you pop real life pills out of.

EXTREME attention to detail.

11 hours ago, Asaki said:

Did they actually put Pier Solar back in print, or did you find it somewhere else?

There is a Pier Solar re-print coming (maybe, sort of...) but the one pictured is the first run that Water Melon Games called Pier Solar Posterity Edition (Genesis version).

I traded a Paprium Collectors Edition for this Pier Solar.

Grabbed a non working O2 system just get get the voice module.  I figured the system wouldn't work and the voice module would be fine.  It was the other way around.  It looked like it had been submerged in water and left to corrode the insides. An hour of cleaning and it's up and running.  This thing would've blown my mind as a child...

20210815_134321.jpg

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, 4300 said:

Grabbed a non working O2 system just get get the voice module.  I figured the system wouldn't work and the voice module would be fine.  It was the other way around.  It looked like it had been submerged in water and left to corrode the insides. An hour of cleaning and it's up and running.  This thing would've blown my mind as a child...

20210815_134321.jpg

I like to program Type and Tell to say dirty words, haha!

No, I do high scores elsewhere, and I did use it(Type and tell) to say part of my "introduction", "Hi Everyone, this is Rogerpoco", blah, blah(well, not too much, it doesn't give ya a whole lot of characters).

Fun system, kinda weird-most of the main games are "one-life", is different than most other systems I've ever played in that regard, but fun.

Nice find, looks clean, glad you got it working, is almost always worth it to take something apart and clean it before giving up on it-don't even really sometimes gotta "fix it", just clean it up, and Yay!

• Like 3

Ordered a Raphnet NES/SNES-to-Gamecube adapter circuit a while ago, and got it in the mail yesterday :)

I started building it last night, but it was a little too close to bedtime, didn't get to finish it.

new16_assembled_c.jpg

Putting it inside of a cheap $10 adapter that was supposed to do the same thing, but has like a two-second input lag >_< Talk about worthless.

16 hours ago, Asaki said:

Ordered a Raphnet NES/SNES-to-Gamecube adapter circuit a while ago, and got it in the mail yesterday :)

I started building it last night, but it was a little too close to bedtime, didn't get to finish it.

new16_assembled_c.jpg

Putting it inside of a cheap $10 adapter that was supposed to do the same thing, but has like a two-second input lag >_< Talk about worthless.

This will let you use a snes controller on the GC?

8 hours ago, 4300 said:

This will let you use a snes controller on the GC?

Yep, and/or NES. He sells pre-built ones too, but I didn't want my crappy $10 adapter to go to completely to waste.

I did have to sacrifice a controller extension cable too, though...stupid adapter didn't have a pin or anything for the +5v line.

He's got a bunch of different adapters (when they're in stock). I was tempted to get the Classic-Controller-to-GameCube one.

5 hours ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

I would assume so you could use it with the Game Boy Player?

Yep, that was the main idea, but I'll probably use it for emulation and stuff on the Wii, too.

It's kind of cool to be able to play GBC games with an NES pad.

I also wanted to try it with Resident Evil Zero and the Re-Make, but I don't know how well that'll work...I know Zero needs the C-stick for controlling the other character when they're on the same screen as you...and I really like having rumble... ¬_¬

• Like 1

I decided to purchase all of the Wii U E-Shop titles that I don’t want to miss out on if the E shop disappears someday soon. I haven’t made it to the Turbo Grafx games yet, gotta get their soon!

NES

Mario Bros

Super Mario Bros 3

Balloon Fight

Donkey Kong

Ice Climbers

GhostNGoblins

River City Ransom

Earthbound Beginnings

Zelda

Zelda 2 adventures of Link

Metroid

Punch Out

Ninja Gaiden

Namco Museum

SNES

Link to the past

Earthbound

Super Mario World

Super Metroid

N64

Ogre Battle 64

Starfox 64

Mario 64

Ocarina of Time

Majoras Mask

Wii

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Pikmin

Pikmin 2

Xenoblade Chronicles

GBA/DS

Phantom hour glass

Minish Cap

Spirit tracks

Advance Wars

Fire Emblem

Metroid Zero Mission

Final Fantasy Tactics

WiiU/Indie

Duck tales remastered

Affordable Space Adventures

Fast racing Neo

Mutant Mudds

Axiom Verge

Gunman Clive HD collection

Super Meat Boy

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Asaki said:

Yep, and/or NES. He sells pre-built ones too, but I didn't want my crappy $10 adapter to go to completely to waste.

I did have to sacrifice a controller extension cable too, though...stupid adapter didn't have a pin or anything for the +5v line.

He's got a bunch of different adapters (when they're in stock). I was tempted to get the Classic-Controller-to-GameCube one.

Yep, that was the main idea, but I'll probably use it for emulation and stuff on the Wii, too.

It's kind of cool to be able to play GBC games with an NES pad.

I also wanted to try it with Resident Evil Zero and the Re-Make, but I don't know how well that'll work...I know Zero needs the C-stick for controlling the other character when they're on the same screen as you...and I really like having rumble... ¬_¬

Let us know how it works out.  I almost bought one of the cheap adapters to use a snes pad for GB player games,  but I'm glad I didn't after hearing your experience.  I ended up using one of the Old Skool brand Hori clone controllers,  which I like,  but I wouldn't mind having an adapter as well. 

On 8/15/2021 at 7:05 PM, Asaki said:

new16_assembled_c.jpg

I got one of those but to USB. I wired them inside a console to the original NES ports but added an extra data wire to an unused line and made 1player NES to 2 player SNES adapters. I see no lag. Raph makes good stuff. I hope you get the performance you are looking for!

16 hours ago, 4300 said:

Let us know how it works out.

It works great, as far as I can tell, but I've only tested it with Game Boy Player via GBi.

It felt kind of "slippery" when I tried it with the GBA Pac-Man Collection, but I'm not sure if that was the adapter, or my controller, or if my reflexes were just a bit off. I'd have to do some tests and comparisons.

But I think I really should've gotten the Classic Controller adapter, that would've been a lot more versatile (especially since you can get brand new first party NES and SNES controllers for it).

Maybe some other time.

16 hours ago, 4300 said:

I almost bought one of the cheap adapters to use a snes pad for GB player games,  but I'm glad I didn't after hearing your experience.

I saw them on eBay for dirt cheap and clicked "buy now" before I could even think about it...

I immediately looked up Amazon reviews and they all said the input lag was terrible, so I went back to cancel my order.

Got an email the next morning saying that it couldn't be cancelled because they had already shipped it out.

Seriously!?? I ordered it at 2 in the morning, there is absolutely no way.

They did not get a positive review.

16 hours ago, 4300 said:

I ended up using one of the Old Skool brand Hori clone controllers,  which I like,  but I wouldn't mind having an adapter as well. 

Yeah, I remember that. I was planning to wait until Black Friday to grab one, but they went out of stock pretty fast, and there's no sign that they'll be making new ones any time soon.

Plus, I prefer playing that stuff with the original YX/BA layout, rather than the GameCube's funky layout.
BTW, that controller doesn't have rumble, does it? I never saw it mentioned in any of the reviews (I might've asked you already).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Asaki said:

It works great, as far as I can tell, but I've only tested it with Game Boy Player via GBi.

It felt kind of "slippery" when I tried it with the GBA Pac-Man Collection, but I'm not sure if that was the adapter, or my controller, or if my reflexes were just a bit off. I'd have to do some tests and comparisons.

But I think I really should've gotten the Classic Controller adapter, that would've been a lot more versatile (especially since you can get brand new first party NES and SNES controllers for it).

Maybe some other time.

I saw them on eBay for dirt cheap and clicked "buy now" before I could even think about it...

I immediately looked up Amazon reviews and they all said the input lag was terrible, so I went back to cancel my order.

Got an email the next morning saying that it couldn't be cancelled because they had already shipped it out.

Seriously!?? I ordered it at 2 in the morning, there is absolutely no way.

They did not get a positive review.

Yeah, I remember that. I was planning to wait until Black Friday to grab one, but they went out of stock pretty fast, and there's no sign that they'll be making new ones any time soon.

Plus, I prefer playing that stuff with the original YX/BA layout, rather than the GameCube's funky layout.
BTW, that controller doesn't have rumble, does it? I never saw it mentioned in any of the reviews (I might've asked you already).

Nope,  it's basically just a SNES pad with different buttons