IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

8 hours ago, adamchevy said:

I’ve had my eye on those for a while. You’ll have to let me know if it lives up to all the praise. I’ve been wanting to upgrade my 60” plasma to one of those.

So far,  it does.  Colors and black levels are pretty amazing.  I haven't hooked the Series X up yet.  That'll be the real test. 

1 hour ago, 4300 said:

So far,  it does.  Colors and black levels are pretty amazing.  I haven't hooked the Series X up yet.  That'll be the real test. 

I got a 55" CX at the beginning of the year when my Series X showed up. No regrets, everything about the LG flagship sets is amazing. The Series X is a happy camper with these panels.

1 hour ago, rubeon said:

I got a 55" CX at the beginning of the year when my Series X showed up. No regrets, everything about the LG flagship sets is amazing. The Series X is a happy camper with these panels.

Yeah,  a buddy of mine is running his Series X through a CX and he talked me into going this route. So far, I'm loving the C1. I almost went with a QLED and am glad I didn't. 

Well I WAS going to buy this stuff on Sat. I even put down a deposit, only to be refunded and told "I'm unable to sell the stuff now" ? I was really looking forward to repairing these and adding Joust to my 5200 collection. Ugh. Also didn't know what some of these are but figured they'd be cool to have or whatever. Seriously freaking bummed about this falling through.

On another note, does anyone know what the weird looking cart is in the last pic? It's wider on one end. It would help if I could read the name but the "seller" took terrible pictures.

Screenshot_20210916-193117.png

Screenshot_20210916-193121.png

Screenshot_20210916-193125.png

Screenshot_20210916-193127.png

Screenshot_20210916-193131.png

Screenshot_20210916-193136.png

Screenshot_20210916-193139.png

• Sad 1

On 9/7/2021 at 11:03 PM, CaptainBreakout said:

I got this...

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.2adfa5aefa851e87c90702148c414246.jpg

2000480126_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.1a9292a582a5beaee4ed6507e4e15de5.jpg

I got it in the mail a couple of days ago, just to be honest.

Yay! I'm back to buying weird retro stuff now and then!  (Divorce is a bitch! -but it does get better.)

My 6-year-old son played the tape and had some trouble following it with the book the first time.  The next day he got up early, rewound the tape and played it and pretty much followed it all the way through.

Tron. A cheesier story has seldom been told.  I still love it tho.

The best moment was at the end when the narrator excitedly said, "If you want to hear the story again, just turn the tape over!"

My son replied out loud, "No, thank you."

Good manners, that kid.

Is this the same story? 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, rubeon said:

I bought a filthy, nicotine-stained Amiga 500 off ebay and used it to practice de-yellowing.  I think it turned out alright:

IMG_1112.thumb.jpeg.6b17b213a0328c53642e02f09a1b98c6.jpeg

IMG_1117.thumb.jpeg.b816e335b026aa337d3100b0d4bf257e.jpeg

IMG_1115.thumb.jpeg.78bf8ee35f7ad67c423dd3e965742c99.jpeg

I never had an Amiga and know nothing about them, so now I have no idea what I'm going to do with it.

IMG_1108.jpeg

Play games of course! Or do some tracker music! :DDDDDDDDDD

Edited by DragonGrafx-16
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

Play games of course! Or do some tracker music! :DDDDDDDDDD

I've checked, and the games on the Amiga seem to be mostly soccer- or snooker-related.  Also, I've been led to believe that the Atari ST is the tool for music creation! (a disgustingly filthy ST 520 will definitely be my next purchase)

1 minute ago, rubeon said:

I've checked, and the games on the Amiga seem to be mostly soccer- or snooker-related.  Also, I've been led to believe that the Atari ST is the tool for music creation! (a disgustingly filthy ST 520 will definitely be my next purchase)

The Amiga had a huge music scene... The Atari ST was used more professionally to sequence hardware synths and samplers.

Edited by DragonGrafx-16
  • Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 11:30 AM, TrekMD said:

There's a label design for the cart that I will be using.  Out of curiosity, though, why do you recommend doing it?

Covering the EPROM window is best as UV light erases the chip. Small amounts over a long period of time could cause corruption. Better safe than sorry.

• Like 1