IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

11 hours ago, Shawn said:

Has nothing to do with the LED. See my post above about UV EPROMs and how they are erased. :)

That's good to know.  I do have the label for the cart shell but it looks like I need to break to plastic pieces in the shell for the cartridge to fit properly.  I guess the PCB is supposed to have holes for the spokes but it doesn't. 

• Like 1

Just wondering. Either way it should be good. Because fresh controls & switches, cosmetics, and a new LCD monitor. CRTs and ratbagged switches have been the bane of vintage arcade cabs for the past 20 years.

Just also wondering if the new monitor would be IPS. In-Plane Switching. They have a fast response and remarkably deep reds and blues. In other words a PC "gaming" class monitor. It's not a new technology, but recently they upped the response time to sub millisecond.

Berzerk wouldn't need that speed. But stuff like DoDonPachi or Tempest benefits from it.

Edited by Keatah
  • Like 3

On 9/18/2021 at 7:00 AM, Trinity said:

Is this the same story? 

Yes!  That's the one!

Another book my kids are growing up with is the MS Pac Man takes Baby Pac-Man for a walk... Um book.  It's one of mine that survived my childhood, so it's authentic as hell. I think it's a Golden Book, but paperback.  The story is typical schlock, but there are mazes in it that little kids can do with their fingers to "help" Ms and Baby Pac. 

Much better and more often requested then Tron, but hey ... Tron is still Tron. 

Hmmm. I wonder if there's any Wreck-It Ralph golden books?

Got a nice deal on a PAL 800XL, my first Atari 8-bit computer (not counting the 5200).

I have no way to feed it software yet, but I fell in love instantly. Such a beauty! Honestly, just doodling in BASIC on a nice big CRT with this thing justifies the price so far ? 

IMG_1133.thumb.jpeg.2cf1eb5061361160113a643eeb7e4780.jpeg

• Like 1