IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

8 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

The second picture is on my kitchen counter. It made it safely! I wasn’t going to brag about it unless it did.

I can’t imagine they only paid $14 to ship it. I’m going to send them another hundred bucks.

@bikeguychicago Mercari! It’s not a whole lot better than eBay but it’s a little bit.

Shh. Don't tell them about mercari....

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Silverfleet said:

Xo3wGKYl.jpg
0tlpTHSl.jpg

I haven't bought an Atari game in a while, but I needed this one. One of the last ones I needed on my want list!

Still working on all the CIB's, but my complete loose Activision 2600 collection is one I am proudest of, Pitfall 2 was a booger to get-still don't have the CIB tho-I have the 5200 CIB, but that's not my "goal", the 2600 stuff is.

A game I thought I could never do well at, took a while, in the HSC here this season actually, but completing it perfectly is a super good feeling, you should go for it!!!

• Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 8:15 PM, Dopy25 said:

Well I WAS going to buy this stuff on Sat. I even put down a deposit, only to be refunded and told "I'm unable to sell the stuff now" ? I was really looking forward to repairing these and adding Joust to my 5200 collection. Ugh. Also didn't know what some of these are but figured they'd be cool to have or whatever. Seriously freaking bummed about this falling through.

On another note, does anyone know what the weird looking cart is in the last pic? It's wider on one end. It would help if I could read the name but the "seller" took terrible pictures.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210916-193117.png

Screenshot_20210916-193121.png

Screenshot_20210916-193125.png

Screenshot_20210916-193127.png

Screenshot_20210916-193131.png

Screenshot_20210916-193136.png

Screenshot_20210916-193139.thumb.png.8bc6ebf25caa575a8bae2e4bac50a8d9.png

Yay! They got back to me. Long story short it was from an estate that had family drama. I thought there was some foul play but I guess not. Everything in this lot is pretty sweet. 2 out of 3 of the 2600s work immediately. 7800 works as well and came with original PSU. I figured out what everything was in the parts I couldn't see (with help on the ti 99/4a pacman) I would have never guessed that. Actually ended up picking up a console in the same area for that one. Just need a PSU on that now to test.

I haven't checked all of the games but there was a bag labelled "not working" and had a handful of 2600 games. I figure the rest work but I'll check them later. This was an hour away and the 99/4a was another 30 minutes out of the way. All in all I would say I'm glad I got it. Now to figure out what to do with everything.

Anyone have a spare ti-99/4a PSU and/or video cable? What does this even use? I really want to see if it works. 

Edited by Dopy25
  • Like 3

I just traded a 90s Toshiba XP laptop for a smaller more compact Atari 2600 and 32 cartridges , 12 of them are sealed, later on I will take picture and list them in a list, one question: is the 2600 and 32 cartridges worth more than a 90s XP laptop, Pentium 4 ???? Did I get the better deal? Russ

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rcamp48 said:

I just traded a 90s Toshiba XP laptop for a smaller more compact Atari 2600 and 32 cartridges , 12 of them are sealed, later on I will take picture and list them in a list, one question: is the 2600 and 32 cartridges worth more than a 90s XP laptop, Pentium 4 ???? Did I get the better deal? Russ

I think they got the better deal, because Windows XP and Pentium 4s didn't exist in the '90s :o

• Haha 2

Lots of super cheap games today.

Today is the 25th anniversary of the release of Sakura Taisen on the Saturn, which I already own 2 copies of, so today I bought the entire series on the Dreamcast so I can transfer my saves from the first game all the way up to the fourth game and then also V and V Episode 0 on PS2. I just now noticed that, like Metal Gear Solid, they used Arabic numbers for 1-4 and then switched to Roman numerals for V and that V, like Metal Gear Solid V, has a standalone prequel sold separately, just like Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain, and that both Vs were somewhat of a departure from their respective series' previous entries and not received as well as those past games partially due to the changes. Weird parallels...

In case you don't know, this series is kind of a big deal in Japan, which is why there are still live musicals and stage plays based on that first Saturn game even now, 25 years later, and the games themselves are really good and worth playing if you know Japanese.

Pic_0927_787.thumb.jpg.ba4771537e7dcd9d639c20f82d9773be.jpg

I didn't know that Sakura Taisen V Episode 0 existed until I saw it in the store and bought it, but here it is. I also found a sealed copy of the PS2 remake of the first game for only 3500 yen, but I didn't buy it.

I also got a great deal on a excellent copy of a game that I have been looking for for some time: Castlevania Chronicle Akumajou Dracula, which was released outside of Japan as Castlevania Chronicles.

Pic_0927_788.thumb.jpg.94ec77d334c699e0556805640386be66.jpg

I also bought something super boring: a Dreamcast VMU. My VMU is full and I need space for Sakura Taisen, so I bought a new one. No pictures of it since it's just a regular grey VMU lol

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

Sometimes when I try to edit stuff...Something disappears amd what's keft wil make no sense...HMMMmmmmff!

1 hour ago, adamchevy said:

Hapens fo ouy oot?

EXACTLY!

59 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

Yehwl hynahf wocn tyjat hggena.

EZ for U to say

32 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

Atari 2600 K-Jo Chases the Cheese

CIB Ft.jpg

CIB Bk.jpg

Level 10.jpg

Looks Neato!  Is it a fun game?

PS I may have Time traveled....Or This may just be the most confusing post of AtariAge!    (Or not)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1