IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

Blurry, but today I found some more extremely cheap Sega games: Senjou no Valkyria 3 and Shin Sakura Taisen. Shin Sakura Taisen could have been a really damn excellent game, but it isn't and everyone hated it and now the series is probably dead for another 14 years again because of this game and the complete failure of that new mobile game that got shut down about 6 months after it launched. At least Shin Sakura Taisen sold really well and is extremely cheap because of that. More Sega stuff coming in the mail soon.

Pic_0929_790.thumb.jpg.1499dc2fe79d5d7a8d56255221bacb10.jpg

• Like 1

Mail call today. I saw this auction on eBay and it tweaked my interest because of the Columbia House system.  I didn’t need it, but it is pretty rare in itself. I did however need the power supply, switch box, and y cable for it.  Still not enough interest to buy it now though. 

90F3F2EB-DDF0-43B3-B614-059B6794139F.thumb.jpeg.db0db7edccb06239339bca93b2803392.jpeg

Taking a quick look through the other pictures convinced me to make an offer however.  They got back quickly and we agreed on a price.  Check out the new acquisition at the bottom happily added to my collection. ?

5155F82E-7399-4819-BEE3-13AA62BAE5B0.thumb.jpeg.7ee6c7766cea705762b4b07e96d6a174.jpeg

After paying for it the seller told me that someone else offered almost twice what I paid to cancel my sale and buy just the Up n Down.  I had already guessed who it probably was but the seller confirmed it to be Schoolgirl.  Pathetic that she/he has to do such things but glad the seller was ethical and turned them down.  

• Like 6

So on my way out of the dollar store today, I bought these 2 plates on a whim.

20210929_184624.thumb.jpg.9763bdb5288687f557f1dae585042ac8.jpg

Which would be Fine & Dandy except for 3 things I figured out after I got them home:

1.  They are Not Microwave Safe.         (Hurrrmmrrrffmmgh??)

2.  They are Not Dishwasher Safe.        (What the???  FlubbinZazzerKaummenKracknurrbfrasserZazserbassen$#$%Y%&!!!)

3.  They are so big they don't even fit in my cupboard.  (AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGG!)

Ah well,   I'll get'em next time...

At least it was only $2.  **sigh**

• Like 2

Cotton Guardian Force Saturn Tribute showed up a while ago. Too lazy to take a picture of it. Input lag is really bad. Avoid.

8 hours ago, cybercylon said:

We never got a western release for Valkyria 3 even though the others were localized. There is a fan translation I think.

Yeah, and it is supposedly the best game in the entire series, as well. I have difficulty with military kanji since I never learned any of it, but I'll get around to playing it eventually. I do not have a battery for my either of my 2 PSP 2000s since I believe I removed them to get them through the airport, but at least you can play the PSP without a battery if you have a charger. Too bad the go doesn't have a UMD drive.

^^^^^Hey I remember Wild West Guns (Wiiware) being a pretty good buy. I should bust it out today. I have to get back into Ghost Squad & HOTD 2&3 soon too. 

Never seen Gunslingers. I'll have to look for it.

EDIT: researching WiiWare shooting games, I saw Carnival King was a thing! I couldve saved $400 by not buying the coin-op! ???

• Like 2

Se~ga~

Pic_1002_795.thumb.jpg.0333c519b7deb067517056305b3ba0be.jpg

GO SEGA - 60th ANNIVERSARY Album -

4 discs with 108 tracks of Sega music and sound effects. There are some absolutely legendary tracks on here like the main theme from Space Harrier, Magical Sound Shower, the theme from Alex Kidd in Miracle World, After Burner, the FM version of the dungeon music from Phantasy Star on the Mark III, Star Light Zone, Go Straight, the startup sound from the Saturn, Geki! Teikoku Kagekidan, the music from the Segata Sanshiro commercials, Open Your Heart, Sonic Heroes, the Mega Drive Mini/Genesis Mini menu music, and Geki! Teikoku Kagekidan <Shinsou>. If you love Sega, you need this, so buy it.

• Like 3

TBH, I buy "stuff" all the time, but I try to only post the real good ones, I think/hope this qualifies.

Was 150$, the box is in very good shape, manuals/styrofoam in great shape, the Powerpad looks like it's never been used.

Saw it in a game store, usually very overpriced, a couple towns over, mentioned it to Wife, she kinda looked it up and insisted(she doesn't LOVE my "game spending"), but IDC about $ at all really, just seemed "fair" to me.

Didn't need it, I have three well working NES's already, just not boxed-tbh, from a quick peek, the system and controllers and lightgun all looked pretty dirty, but I am getting some peroxide gel in a couple days, thanks to Wife's hairdresser, that'll clean it right up!!!

NES.jpg

• Like 3

More glorious Sega stuff!

First is the official Sega-produced VGA box for the Dreamcast. This remains the best analog option for the Dreamcast even now, so if you want to use an analog signal, this is what you want.

Pic_1003_812.thumb.jpg.d9e296cf9042be0222c1733f05727a4e.jpg

I also made an unscheduled trip to Akiba even though I shouldn't have gone, so I ended up buying the Mission Stick.

Pic_1003_810.thumb.jpg.89cdc9e38b1b7b3e64c68a52ec193471.jpg

Obviously, this is a stick that you use for missions where you need a stick, and because the copy of Space Harrier that comes with this does not work on the later Saturn motherboard revisions, I can't play it on either of my 2 Saturns, so I decided to go on a different mission instead: possibly my favourite arcade game ever, After Burner II

Pic_1003_811.thumb.jpg.94a1e5e2adaa640c957d7df2e14fa2af.jpg

With the Mission Stick, this is as close to the arcade version that you can get on any home release of the game since it plays almost exactly like the arcade version, and since this stuff together is way cheaper than paying $2000 for the arcade PCB (I actually saw one in BEEP 6 days ago for 220000 yen and freaked out when I found it) and probably way more than that for the cabinet, this is the best way to experience this ridiculously fast game at home.

• Like 3

Time for more unbelievably cheap Sega games. I no longer needed my Akura for the Dreamcast, so I went to Akiba and sold it. I took the 1950 yen they gave me for it, went next door, and threw in an extra 600 yen to buy a near mint copy of Sakura Taisen ~Atsuki Chishio ni~ and Hanagumi Taisen Columns.

Pic_1006_813.thumb.jpg.0fe51e53fa4d47520f7791d24b43cac7.jpg

I finished the Dreamcast version of Sakura Taisen a few days ago and wished that there was a version of that game with the battle system from Sakura Taisen 3, and then I remembered that that's exactly what Atsuki Chishi Ni is. This remake of that legendary Sega classic adds completely redone voice acting, completely redone music, completely redone graphics, more events for characters that lacked them in the original version (that game goes out of its way to push you towards Sakura, not that I am complaining about that), and the ARMS battle system from Sakura Taisen 3, which later was used in Valkyria Chronicles. This was part of the Sakura Taisen World Project, Sega's failed attempt to bring Sakura Taisen to other countries; Atsuki Chishio Ni and the other games they announced as part of the project collectively didn't sell well enough in Japan to meet Sega's expectations, so half of the other games from the Sakura Taisen World Project were cancelled and in the end only the greatly disliked Sakura Taisen V was released outside of Japan 5 years after its initial release here, resulting in the series' 14 year hiatus until the equally disliked Shin Sakura Taisen in 2019.

Hanagumi Taisen Columns is Columns with the cast from Sakura Taisen. I can't think of many games that are more boring than Columns, but yay, I guess. I have heard Hanagumi Taisen Columns is actually really good and worth playing, and for 300 yen, sure, why not?

• Like 1

Got a ti-99/4a the same day I picked up the bunch of stuff last time. I wanted it because the lot of stuffs I got came with pacman for the ti and I thought it would be cool. Man have I got a lot to learn. I opened it up, cleaned it and installed a trrs jack because I didn't want to order a special cable (or make one because the plug cost more) The trrs Jack cost a whole like 10-20 cents.

The console is a bit scuffed but it was like 10 minutes away from the 1.5 hours I drove for the offer stuff, and dirt cheap.

Was hooked up with a PSU from a fellow forum member. -Thanks, Moe!

PXL_20211009_020359015.jpg

PXL_20211009_020409992.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dopy25 said:

Got a ti-99/4a the same day I picked up the bunch of stuff last time. I wanted it because the lot of stuffs I got came with pacman for the ti and I thought it would be cool. Man have I got a lot to learn. I opened it up, cleaned it and installed a trrs jack because I didn't want to order a special cable (or make one because the plug cost more) The trrs Jack cost a whole like 10-20 cents.

The console is a bit scuffed but it was like 10 minutes away from the 1.5 hours I drove for the offer stuff, and dirt cheap.

Was hooked up with a PSU from a fellow forum member. -Thanks, Moe!

PXL_20211009_020359015.jpg

PXL_20211009_020409992.jpg

I really liked my TI-99/4a back in the day. My Dad bought it for me when they were in the discount bin. I didn't know you could get Pac-Man for it!

I had Munch-Man instead and it was pretty good. My favorite game was Parsec. Hunt the Wompus always managed to give me a jump scare and Demon Attack was the first video game I ever beat.

I still have it and most of my games in the closet.

Edited by SegaDude
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SegaDude said:

I really liked my TI-99/4a back in the day. My Dad bought it for me when they were in the discount bin. I didn't know you could get Pac-Man for it!

I had Much-Man instead and it was pretty good. My favorite game was Parsec. Hunt the Wompus always managed to give me a jump scare and Demon Attack was the first video game I ever beat.

I still have it and most of my games in the closet.

I have so much to learn about this console. Pac man came with the bunch of stuff I got a few pages back and I had no idea what it was for. 

I gotta look to see if there are any multi cart options for this thing. I've always been a console guy but I'm starting to like the older PC games. My next stop is hopefully an Atari 8bit or c64.

Thanks for the insight on the games. I'll have to look into those! My first console was a second hand NES. Haha. I think by the time we got it, SNES had been out for a year.

• Like 1