IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

11 hours ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

I've played and beaten every single Metroid game since the original released on the NES back in 1987 (well, all of them except for Federation Force and Samus Returns on the 3DS) and after all these years it's time to finally find out how the story ends...

186719833_20211015184503_IMG_31262.thumb.JPG.d698a0a13da6120ee86e487c060faf39.JPG

Come to my thread.

It's fun and informative. Maybe. Probably. There will be plenty of discussion of sequence breaking with and without using advanced techniques, speedrunning (or at least going fast), tasty glitches, and not-tasty glitches because there is one that is guaranteed to crash the game 100% of the time (patch on the way, but until then...). Thread starts with a lot of "MercurySteam sucks", mostly by me, but this time I think they made a nice game that is at the absolute minimum superior to Metroid Fusion, which is a game I really like a lot.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

So is your wallet screaming at you? lol

Ha! You'd think so, but it wasn't too bad. I'm a bargain hunter, especially when it comes to games. Took advantage of a 20% off sale at a local shop, and was surprisingly the only one to bid on an ebay listing of Axelay, and won it for much less than the BINs.

The rundown was something like:

Iridion GBA - 5

Gradius - 20

Strikers - 20

Axelay - 50 +plus shipping, think it was 4 or 5

And I forget exactly on Star Soldier 64. It was a Jpn import, which I went with because it was much less than the US version. I think it was 35 shipped, but give or take 5 bucks. 

Prices aside, I've been having lots of fun with these. I'm a shmup junky, and these are all pretty decent. Well, the GBA game isn't really a shmup, more of a 3d shooter in the vain of those old 3do style games from the 90s like the Shock Waves. It's pretty fun though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, profholt82 said:

Ha! You'd think so, but it wasn't too bad. I'm a bargain hunter, especially when it comes to games. Took advantage of a 20% off sale at a local shop, and was surprisingly the only one to bid on an ebay listing of Axelay, and won it for much less than the BINs.

The rundown was something like:

Iridion GBA - 5

Gradius - 20

Strikers - 20

Axelay - 50 +plus shipping, think it was 4 or 5

And I forget exactly on Star Soldier 64. It was a Jpn import, which I went with because it was much less than the US version. I think it was 35 shipped, but give or take 5 bucks. 

Prices aside, I've been having lots of fun with these. I'm a shmup junky, and these are all pretty decent. Well, the GBA game isn't really a shmup, more of a 3d shooter in the vain of those old 3do style games from the 90s like the Shock Waves. It's pretty fun though. 

Iridion II is actually a vertical shmup (though it has a slight 3D angle) so be sure to check out this sequel.

Wait apparently that one is expensive lol

Edited by DragonGrafx-16
  • Like 1

Blue Reflection TIE and Mega Drive Tower Mini Zero get. Bad lighting, but it mostly works.

Pic_1021_821.thumb.jpg.68d3658e86e64e8c7ada975f6b2fb538.jpg

Got the DX pack, so I get 9 extra Mark III My Cards.

Pic_1021_822.thumb.jpg.cb950a01374ac8857280a89c298f2520.jpg

As disappointing as it is as a game system due to its lag, the Japanese Mega Drive Mini is the coolest mini console so far. Here it is with the new Mega Adaptor Mini and Darius II, as I am sure someone wants to see it.

Pic_1021_823.thumb.jpg.8fe0bbfd1e8495b4da1ae9f981c8693d.jpg

• Like 3

Visited the CORGS con in Columbus, OH today and got to chat with Garry Kitchen and David Crane for a bit.  Picked up a copy of Circus Convoy which I had wanted for a while and brought a few Activision newsletters that they graciously signed.  Didn’t buy anything else, but it was a fun day!

AE099613-CFD6-4505-A938-C47C26688F63.thumb.jpeg.602509ca7700e2a78f399d24de715750.jpeg3823984B-AD1E-41F1-AC10-4D3D7A89E6B8.thumb.jpeg.c226420f95838f7a39f87c7169ff4c51.jpeg

• Like 6

On 10/23/2021 at 2:45 AM, 4300 said:

I hate myself for paying almost market value for this turd.  5 years ago,  I would've turned my nose up at paying 15 bucks for one. 

16349245672192499809934157783379.jpg

In addition to the good Space Harrier port, After Burner Complete is a very good conversion of After Burner II, and if you have the XE-1AP, the only versions of the game that are better than the 32X version are the Saturn version with the Mission Stick and of course the arcade version itself. It only runs at 30 FPS compared to 60 FPS on the PCB and Saturn, but still a nice version of the game and highly recommended if you don't have either of those already. If you do have the PCB or the Saturn version of After Burner II, not much point in the 32X version at all, though. Virtua Racing Deluxe is very nice, as well, and it has some unique aspects that are not in any other version of the game, even the Switch Sega Ages Virtua Racing. It also has the first home console game that I am aware of that has support for widescreen: Virtua Fighter. Not even the Saturn version has widescreen, but the 32X version does. If there is an earlier game on a home console that supports widescreen, I don't know about it. Kolibri is also really weird, so play that if you want to play something strange.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1